Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's a comedy religious version of "Succession".

Season 1 was solid, season 2 so far is meh. Danny McBride can be hilarious but something about him I can only take watching him for so long before I've had enough.

I still recommend

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    what is this available on? some pay-for streaming thing?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Hbomax

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First season was pretty funny. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but wasn't even really thinking about a second season. I'll give it a go once I finish some of the other stuff I'm watching.

I definitely agree about McBride though. I found myself getting pissed at him in Eastbound and Down more than I did laugh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    College
    Clemson Tigers
    First season was pretty funny. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but wasn't even really thinking about a second season. I'll give it a go once I finish some of the other stuff I'm watching.

I definitely agree about McBride though. I found myself getting pissed at him in Eastbound and Down more than I did laugh.
    Most of his roles are supposed to be the “lovable jerk” type, except he’s too mean-spirited so you just never like him.

He’s much better in roles where he can just be an unapologetic bag (This Is The End, Pineapple Express)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a comedy religious version of "Succession".

Season 1 was solid, season 2 so far is meh. Danny McBride can be hilarious but something about him I can only take watching him for so long before I've had enough.

I still recommend
    Comedy?

I thought it was a do entary that mic’d several wealth ministries.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only thing I expect from McBride is the cringe factor. I like it and his shows nail it every time. I haven’t started on this season’s Righteous Gemstones yet, I hope the sister is a little less whiny/annoying than usual but I won’t count on it, she definitely brings the cringe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The only thing I expect from McBride is the cringe factor. I like it and his shows nail it every time. I haven’t started on this season’s Righteous Gemstones yet, I hope the sister is a little less whiny/annoying than usual but I won’t count on it, she definitely brings the cringe.
    No, the sister is worse in season 2

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    It's a good show to watch an episode at a time. I can't handle it for multiple episodes. The personalities are draining.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't seen anything past season 1 but what I saw was decently funny. Danny McBride is a funny dude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The last 4-5 episodes made the season. Still ridiculously stupid but had fun watching it. I think they're finally finding their character development footing in time for season 3

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Big fan of this. Everything Danny McBride does is generally pretty funny….they picked a really great cast for the show as well

Thread Information