Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cliff notes.

- There's a subreddit called Antiwork with almost 2 million members.
    - With the record amount of resignations happening it's been getting a lot of media attention
    - Fox News invites the head moderator for an interview
    - Everyone on the site tells him not to do it. He does it anyways
    - He goes live on TV and makes an absolute fool out of himself and the whole site by extension (nikka walks dogs for 20 hours a week and claims he wants less hours )
    - Whole forum is pissed
    - Bans people who criticizes him left and right
    - Deletes the entire subreddit

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL instead of saying hustle culture isn't a virtue the head said laziness is a virtue.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - He goes live on TV and makes an absolute fool out of himself and the whole site by extension (nikka walks dogs for 20 hours a week and claims he wants less hours
    So instead of talking about how wages haven't tracked at all with increased productivity since the days of Reagan or about how understaffing is the rule now or about how hustle culture, poverty wages, and housing and medical costs are killing our birth rates and putting us on a Japan like trajectory, this mother er just basically got on Fox News and said he didn't want to work? What a grind walking dogs 20 hours a week. Ugh I couldn't watch any more after he said laziness was a virtue.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So instead of talking about how wages haven't tracked at all with increased productivity since the days of Reagan or about how understaffing is the rule now or about how hustle culture, poverty wages, and housing and medical costs are killing our birth rates and putting us on a Japan like trajectory, this mother er just basically got on Fox News and said he didn't want to work? What a grind walking dogs 20 hours a week. Ugh I couldn't watch any more after he said laziness was a virtue.

there's one thing that everyone on the subreddit never understood until it was too late. r/antiwork got coopted by all of the people arguing about everything you brought up. It was legit started by people who don't want to work, not because of the crushing weight of regressive culture, but because they're lazy. Back before it blew up with "hurr durr my boss sucks here's a fake story" it was pretty far left.
    Same thing with the slogan "defund the police" it got coopted by people who wanted legit reform but was started by people who want police to get 0 dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yup. I'm kind of glad he did this because we did not need this to become mainstream. It would have given us a new incel variant and we dont need anymore Koriwhat's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same thing with the slogan "defund the police" it got coopted by people who wanted legit reform but was started by people who want police to get 0 dollars.
    True. “Defund the police” was a path to “abolish the police.” The police needed abolishing, because the police as an ins ution are bad, because they protect private property rights, and liberation of the oppressed requires the abolition of private property, and a socially just redistribution to be administered by the activists themselves serving as a vanguard. Also, the police maintain order, which is bad because it prevents the necessary Revolution from happening.

It all makes perfect sense when you understand that the underlying ideology is revolutionary communism. But that creates cognitive dissonance, because that means one is looking towards revolutionary communists for moral validation, which makes no sense unless oneself is a revolutionary communist. So one must pretend that they don’t really mean what they quite openly say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yup. I'm kind of glad he did this because we did not need this to become mainstream. It would have given us a new incel variant and we dont need anymore Koriwhat's.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    per usual, the far right picked an easy target and wiped the floor with him. Just like Ben Shapiro picking on 18 year olds.

r/antiwork was pretty stupid to begin with, but it got lumped in with the legit complaints of r/latestagecapitalism, and Fox News found their useful idiot.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thank God we've eliminated this Reddit nemesis, now maybe the underclass will finally get back to working their ty jobs for ty pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per usual, the far right picked an easy target and wiped the floor with him. Just like Ben Shapiro picking on 18 year olds.

r/antiwork was pretty stupid to begin with, but it got lumped in with the legit complaints of r/latestagecapitalism, and Fox News found their useful idiot.
    Ben talks so fast that he overwhelms people who aren't as prepared with an avalanche of they cannot decompile in the few seconds he gives them at the mike, and they know it so they feel stupid for trying, Ben wins.

However "got lumped in with" is what one side says when the en y they adopted embarrasses them. You're always free to disavow these people pre- up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God we've eliminated this Reddit nemesis, now maybe the underclass will finally get back to working their ty jobs for ty pay.
    Someone was invested in this

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can one adopt a person he's never known?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can kind of see why Fox entertainment wanted him on instead of say, Robert Reich.

It was an intellectually lazy choice to shoot a fish in a barrel for the ratings and propaganda value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. “Defund the police” was a path to “abolish the police.” The police needed abolishing, because the police as an ins ution are bad, because they protect private property rights, and liberation of the oppressed requires the abolition of private property, and a socially just redistribution to be administered by the activists themselves serving as a vanguard. Also, the police maintain order, which is bad because it prevents the necessary Revolution from happening.(1 & 2)

It all makes perfect sense when you understand that the underlying ideology is revolutionary communism.(1 & 2) But that creates cognitive dissonance, because that means one is looking towards revolutionary communists for moral validation, which makes no sense unless oneself is a revolutionary communist. (3) So one must pretend that they don’t really mean what they quite openly say. (4)

I guess you opted not to do the victory dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. “Defund the police” was a path to “abolish the police.” The police needed abolishing, because the police as an ins ution are bad, because they protect private property rights, and liberation of the oppressed requires the abolition of private property, and a socially just redistribution to be administered by the activists themselves serving as a vanguard. Also, the police maintain order, which is bad because it prevents the necessary Revolution from happening.

It all makes perfect sense when you understand that the underlying ideology is revolutionary communism. But that creates cognitive dissonance, because that means one is looking towards revolutionary communists for moral validation, which makes no sense unless oneself is a revolutionary communist. So one must pretend that they don’t really mean what they quite openly say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think ES stopped posting after he self-radicalized to the point where he sees communist conspiracies everywhere.

I would describe his views of the left as one giant slippery slope logical fallacy. "if we do [leftist policy] that just leads to something else that leads to full blown communism, which is bad, because reasons."

My understanding, and admittedly it may be vastly out of date. He seems to recognize the modern fascist movement for what it is.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 01-27-2022 at 11:33 AM. Reason: clarity, civility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think ES stopped posting after he self-radicalized to the point where he sees communist conspiracies everywhere.

I would describe his views of the left as one giant slippery slope logical fallacy. "if we do [leftist policy] that just leads to something else that leads to full blown communism, which is bad, because reasons."

My understanding. You hate to see it.

Your sarcasm detector broken?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying that.

What specifically in that post leads you to think it was at all sarcasm?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was an article last week about a guy in Manhattan making $90K/year dog walking. A guy in Marin makes about $50K

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Someone was invested in this
    Not at all. Dude sounds like a dumbass.

Like it's been said, easy target for FOX News to distract their viewers from the real reasons Subway can't keep its stores fully staffed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like it's been said, easy target for FOX News to distract their viewers from the real reasons Subway can't keep its stores fully staffed.
    I don't watch Fox News. That'd be the OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's sarcasm, it's hidden within sarcasm that's hidden within sarcasm.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't watch Fox News. That'd be the OP.
    I didn't say you did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't say you did.
    You said "we've". If you did it, that's you. I don't watch Fox News.

Thread Information