Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad timing for him entering free agency at 34. Jazz already rumoured not to be bringing him back. Jazz are
    over the cap and slumping so not sure they’d want to take
    on long term money but if we could turn McD into an FRP i’d do it. Ingles’ expiring and a future first for McD
    The S&T with Indy involved a SRP swap in 2023, where both picks are protected 31-55, and neither will likely convey, and an incoming 2026 SRP. In this case, just to rent that salary spot for most of a season, I’d take a SRP from Utah. That would net us 2 SRPs, one on each end of the transaction. With their salary situation,I can’t see them parting with a FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The S&T with Indy involved a SRP swap in 2023, where both picks are protected 31-55, and neither will likely convey, and an incoming 2026 SRP. In this case, just to rent that salary spot for most of a season, I’d take a SRP from Utah. That would net us 2 SRPs, one on each end of the transaction. With their salary situation,I can’t see them parting with a FRP.
    Good points. An FRP would be a stretch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. An FRP would be a stretch.
    Just moving McDís contract would be a huge benefit IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting is an asset, Doug can be moved anytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting is an asset, Doug can be moved anytime.
    He could. The problem with a hypothetical Utah trade is that they were probably going to let ingles roll off this summer, but McD has two more years. On the face of it, his contract isn’t bad, but if you’re a taxpayer, it might be too much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah doesn't need McDermott, they don't have any spacing issues.
    They need perimeter defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah doesn't need McDermott, they don't have any spacing issues.
    They need perimeter defense.
    Did you read the part where Ingles just suffered a serious knee issue in yesterday’s game?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read the part where Ingles just suffered a serious knee issue in yesterdayís game?
    Yeah I did.
    Except for O'Neale and maybe Conley who's 35, everyone on their roster is an awful perimeter defender.
    When Gobert was out they legit looked like the worst defensive team in the league.

Last summer they were shopping Bogdanovic and Ingles, tried to get some positive defenders in.
    Their offense is amazing, everyone except Gobert is a good 3pt shooter. They need to improve defensively if they're to make a deep playoff run.

Ingles injury puts them in a really bad position, but they won't take another awful defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Torn ACL for Ingles. Probably it for his career. Don’t wish injury on anyone but he had Spurs off-season signing written all over him so some relief there at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz are ed. Mitc is going to bolt the first chance he gets. Good thing for them that won't be for 3 years but wouldn't be surprised at all to hear he is the next star demanding out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Mitc ís gone. The writingís on the wall. Utah isnít going to contend anytime soon and reports are heís been wanting out for a year or two now.

Could easily see a team like the Knicks getting desperate and overpaying for him in a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article from Hoopshype

While weíve all constantly heard big names like Ben Simmons and James Harden included in trade rumors over the last few weeks, itís more likely that the players who are traded will make an impact around the edges. Itís exciting to think about Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal in new uniforms, but typically, itís the role players who are on the ones most often swapped.

As such, weíve surveyed the league to find three of the most intriguing players who could realistically be soon on their way to a new destination once the deadline arrives. Each of these players projects as someone who could have a positive impact no matter where they wind up.

Derrick White (San Antonio)

Daniel Dunn-USA TODAY Sports

If the season ended today, the San Antonio Spurs would miss the playoffs. However, not all hope is lost considering that theyíve gotten amazing productivity out of their backcourt duo of Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.

So itís no surprise that, according to ESPNís Zach Lowe, rival teams are calling the Spurs to inquire about White. One potential suitor for White is the Atlanta Hawks, per Bleacher Reportís Jake Fischer.

The main reason why the Hawks are such an interesting fit for White is his defense. Among all players who have defended at least 20 shots at the rim so far this season, per PBPStats, the two players who have allowed the highest field-goal percentage both play in the backcourt for the Hawks: Lou Williams (90.9 percent) and Trae Young (87.1 percent).

However, itís really hard to score against White near the basket. Opponents are currently shooting just 50.4 percent against White at the rim, which ranks sixth-best in the league among those who have defended as many shots as he has in that zone. Itís also the best mark among non-bigs, trailing only players like Rudy Gobert and Giannis Antetkounmpo.

White is actually contesting more shots per game (7.3) than big men including Bam Adebayo, Wendell Carter Jr. and Jusuf Nurkic. Watch the way he defended Jayson Tatum and youíll see the way he contributes to his team:

Another reason why the Hawks make sense is because Atlanta has the least efficient transition defense in the league this season, which is an area in which White can immediately help. Opponents are averaging 1.9 fewer points per 100 possessions in transition when White is on the floor relative to when he is not, via Cleaning the Glass.

Meanwhile, also per CTG, Whiteís block percentage ranks in the 99th percentile among players at his position. His block percentage has never finished below the 97th percentile relative to his position.

On the offensive side of the floor, White is currently one of the leagueís leaders in percentage of passes that were an assist. This suggests great playmaking instincts and a willingness to be deferential, which will help him play alongside another high-volume guard, no matter if itís Young or a guard who plays for a different suitor.

The Spurs almost never make trades, especially not during the season. You wonít find many examples outside of Nando De Colo (2014) and Brent Barry (2008). However, they bucked that trend by recently trading Bryn Forbes ó perhaps they would be willing to do it again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me the Money.$$$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article from Hoopshype

While we’ve all constantly heard big names like Ben Simmons and James Harden included in trade rumors over the last few weeks, it’s more likely that the players who are traded will make an impact around the edges. It’s exciting to think about Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal in new uniforms, but typically, it’s the role players who are on the ones most often swapped.

As such, we’ve surveyed the league to find three of the most intriguing players who could realistically be soon on their way to a new destination once the deadline arrives. Each of these players projects as someone who could have a positive impact no matter where they wind up.

If the season ended today, the San Antonio Spurs would miss the playoffs. However, not all hope is lost considering that they’ve gotten amazing productivity out of their backcourt duo of Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.

So it’s no surprise that, according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, rival teams are calling the Spurs to inquire about White. One potential suitor for White is the Atlanta Hawks, per Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer.

The main reason why the Hawks are such an interesting fit for White is his defense. Among all players who have defended at least 20 shots at the rim so far this season, per PBPStats, the two players who have allowed the highest field-goal percentage both play in the backcourt for the Hawks: Lou Williams (90.9 percent) and Trae Young (87.1 percent).

However, it’s really hard to score against White near the basket. Opponents are currently shooting just 50.4 percent against White at the rim, which ranks sixth-best in the league among those who have defended as many shots as he has in that zone. It’s also the best mark among non-bigs, trailing only players like Rudy Gobert and Giannis Antetkounmpo.

White is actually contesting more shots per game (7.3) than big men including Bam Adebayo, Wendell Carter Jr. and Jusuf Nurkic. Watch the way he defended Jayson Tatum and you’ll see the way he contributes to his team:

Another reason why the Hawks make sense is because Atlanta has the least efficient transition defense in the league this season, which is an area in which White can immediately help. Opponents are averaging 1.9 fewer points per 100 possessions in transition when White is on the floor relative to when he is not, via Cleaning the Glass.

Meanwhile, also per CTG, White’s block percentage ranks in the 99th percentile among players at his position. His block percentage has never finished below the 97th percentile relative to his position.

On the offensive side of the floor, White is currently one of the league’s leaders in percentage of passes that were an assist. This suggests great playmaking instincts and a willingness to be deferential, which will help him play alongside another high-volume guard, no matter if it’s Young or a guard who plays for a different suitor.

The Spurs almost never make trades, especially not during the season. You won’t find many examples outside of Nando De Colo (2014) and Brent Barry (2008). However, they bucked that trend by recently trading Bryn Forbes — perhaps they would be willing to do it again.
    Interesting article. Shows that White is undervalued. Yet who on the Hawks? J Collins makes too much. Seems like it would have to be a bigger move. And maybe the Hawks players are overrated? I mean, they shouldn’t be this bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a terrific player, despite his shooting struggles. My main concern is his health. If the FO can get a player or players potentially better than him, I'd be up for it, but certainly not to move him just because.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asshat he was restricted which means he could have signed with us and the Hawks could have matched it, but he didnít and quickly signed with ATL, so your point is dumb, so dumb like your post about Spurs being smarter on Covid.
    Spurs probably believed that ATL was going to trade this guy during the season and they might rather see if they can negotiate a deal while maintaining a better cap situation as ATL pays him less than they would have to than just going and overpaying for old boy to a contract he definitely does not deserve.

Now we see if that kind of thinking works, or if everything was a dance that went nowhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article. Shows that White is undervalued. Yet who on the Hawks? J Collins makes too much. Seems like it would have to be a bigger move. And maybe the Hawks players are overrated? I mean, they shouldn’t be this bad.
    Definitely think that on other board their is simultaneously an underrating of Derrick and overrating of Jollins. Iíll concede that the latter is ďbetterĒ if not just bc of his age, but itís not a serviceable player + 2 firsts on top of Derrick gulf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely think that on other board their is simultaneously an underrating of Derrick and overrating of Jollins. I’ll concede that the latter is “better” if not just bc of his age, but it’s not a serviceable player + 2 firsts on top of Derrick gulf.
    I think more people on the board are unwilling to give any picks than are willing to give more than one pick. The only way I'd give up more than a protected 2023 pick is if ATL is eating McD. Even then I wouldn't be happy. At least the team could try for a Young-for-Dragic trade to balance their roster if they didn't use Thad in a Collins deal. But I think if White for Collins required the Spurs to give up multiple picks, the Hawks and Spurs aren't talking about a deal anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz are ed. Mitc is going to bolt the first chance he gets. Good thing for them that won't be for 3 years but wouldn't be surprised at all to hear he is the next star demanding out
    Yeah, the Jazz are stuck in Neutral and going no where also sucks for the Nuggets they just lost Porter for the season for back issues...Again - and they signed him to a 5 year contract that was crazzzzy. I am so glad we didn't draft him as I know some people wanted him but can't be made of glass and play in the NBA and if you have a bad back pretty much your glass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Jazz are stuck in Neutral and going no where also sucks for the Nuggets they just lost Porter for the season for back issues...Again - and they signed him to a 5 year contract that was crazzzzy. I am so glad we didn't draft him as I know some people wanted him but can't be made of glass and play in the NBA and if you have a bad back pretty much your glass
    Denver was stupid for drafting him, and doubly stupid for paying him as much as they did. I think he’s probably going to be out of the league after this contract.

Blowing off medical red flags almost always bites you in the ass. MPJ has had two back surgeries, and he’s only 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingles being out for the season most likely means the Jazz will get an injured player exception. They are also a team that could use Thad. Cleveland got one as well. They are also shopping next years 1st alongside Rubio. Walker and McDermott would make sense for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingles being out for the season most likely means the Jazz will get an injured player exception. They are also a team that could use Thad. Cleveland got one as well. They are also shopping next years 1st alongside Rubio. Walker and McDermott would make sense for them
    DPE's are for half the salary of the injured player. They don't have enough for Young, though they might do a straight trade if they didn't intend to re-sign Ingles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this earlier today:

Ingles is in the final year of his current contract. The Jazz are unable to use a disabled player exception to sign a replacement, ESPN's Bobby Marks reports, as the deadline for such an exception has passed. Utah has two open roster spots available and a $7.5 million trade exception, per Marks.5 hours ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this earlier today:

Ingles is in the final year of his current contract. The Jazz are unable to use a disabled player exception to sign a replacement, ESPN's Bobby Marks reports, as the deadline for such an exception has passed. Utah has two open roster spots available and a $7.5 million trade exception, per Marks.5 hours ago
    I tried a quick and dirty straight dump of JHG ($6.1M) into their trade exception, and it doesn’t work, because they’re a tax payers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article from Hoopshype

While we’ve all constantly heard big names like Ben Simmons and James Harden included in trade rumors over the last few weeks, it’s more likely that the players who are traded will make an impact around the edges. It’s exciting to think about Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal in new uniforms, but typically, it’s the role players who are on the ones most often swapped.

As such, we’ve surveyed the league to find three of the most intriguing players who could realistically be soon on their way to a new destination once the deadline arrives. Each of these players projects as someone who could have a positive impact no matter where they wind up.

If the season ended today, the San Antonio Spurs would miss the playoffs. However, not all hope is lost considering that they’ve gotten amazing productivity out of their backcourt duo of Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.

So it’s no surprise that, according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, rival teams are calling the Spurs to inquire about White. One potential suitor for White is the Atlanta Hawks, per Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer.

However, it’s really hard to score against White near the basket. Opponents are currently shooting just 50.4 percent against White at the rim, which ranks sixth-best in the league among those who have defended as many shots as he has in that zone. It’s also the best mark among non-bigs, trailing only players like Rudy Gobert and Giannis Antetkounmpo.

White is actually contesting more shots per game (7.3) than big men including Bam Adebayo, Wendell Carter Jr. and Jusuf Nurkic. Watch the way he defended Jayson Tatum and you’ll see the way he contributes to his team:

Meanwhile, also per CTG, White’s block percentage ranks in the 99th percentile among players at his position. His block percentage has never finished below the 97th percentile relative to his position.

On the offensive side of the floor, White is currently one of the league’s leaders in percentage of passes that were an assist. This suggests great playmaking instincts and a willingness to be deferential, which will help him play alongside another high-volume guard, no matter if it’s Young or a guard who plays for a different suitor.

The Spurs almost never make trades, especially not during the season. You won’t find many examples outside of Nando De Colo (2014) and Brent Barry (2008). However, they bucked that trend by recently trading Bryn Forbes — perhaps they would be willing to do it again.

ATL wants him... nothing about the Spurs shopping him. Doubt anything happens.

Thread Information