Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyes on the prize: we’re 7th in the draft order. Need Indy and Sac to pass us.

- Though losing, the team plays inspired ball and we’re starting to see a little more Primo too.

- Highly likely that Collins and Sabonis deals will still be there in the summer.

- please get something for Thad though. Tired of the buy out crap. Hope they hold on to him if he’s not traded even to just send a message to rest of league in the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Should’ve taken Haliburton and kept Samanic. This team would be significantly better at this point.
    Nope! Luka was super soft and vassell just needs time. People, Golden State was at the top of the lottery the past two years and their fan base is ecstatic now with the infusion of young talent. Be patient…….. we will be so much better next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if the Suns come to the table alone with Saric, Kaminsky, and another second rounder to polish things off, it makes sense for the Spurs to agree. Young enters free agency after this year, so rather than letting him walk for nothing, this trade grants them an opportunity to at least collect some sort of reward."
    This is not appealing to me at all. Saric eating up cap space for a second rounder is a bad move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not appealing to me at all. Saric eating up cap space for a second rounder is a bad move.
    Just talking heads. 1st round pick is what I'd want to take on Saric's deal (personally)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm Young never plays. I don’t think SA will lose sleep if he walks. Trading DDR was about getting the 1st round pick. If they can get something for young, great. But if not, won’t change what they are trying to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm Young never plays. I don’t think SA will lose sleep if he walks. Trading DDR was about getting the 1st round pick. If they can get something for young, great. But if not, won’t change what they are trying to do.
    24mm in cap space between Aminu and Thad for 2SRPs and a dar our first is not a good return for a player who wanted to go get paid in Chicago. DDR has no alternatives to get that money outright. Both parties needed us. Aminu’s contract alone was worth a first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24mm in cap space between Aminu and Thad for 2SRPs and a dar our first is not a good return for a player who wanted to go get paid in Chicago. DDR has no alternatives to get that money outright. Both parties needed us. Aminu’s contract alone was worth a first.
    That 4way trade, overall, netted us 3SRPs and a first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hutch was part of the Westbrook trade, not the DeRozan trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true. The deal could have been great had the Spurs been able to keep Aminu on the roster for a better opportunity and actually played Thad. It's much closer to meh now. I don't like the idea of eating Saric's contract for just a second-rounder, and worrying about letting Young walk "for nothing" isn't a good enough reason to change my mind. I think they botched the Young situation in what's becoming an annoying trend, but that doesn't mean sacrificing 2022 cap space on a player who'd probably just be another example of that trend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins suck. Definitely not worth the money he’s making
    Collins is better than any Spurs player not named Dejounte

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just talking heads. 1st round pick is what I'd want to take on Saric's deal (personally)
    That would be a really late first. Might as well be a second. Maybe a mid round 1st but I don’t see value on that much salary for such a late first.

For Smith maybe. At least you get a prospect too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a really late first. Might as well be a second. Maybe a mid round 1st but I don’t see value on that much salary for such a late first.

For Smith maybe. At least you get a prospect too.
    Spurs should try to get future firsts and that's not for the purpose of drafting. If they can get a 2024 Suns 1st rounder they got 2 first round picks to include in a trade for an All-Star talent in the future

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A first is a must and if we like Smith just get him after this season when he becomes a free agent and then repeat next season in trading Saric

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, no reason to make that trade with PHX unless they're giving up a first.

There has to be some other team out there that is eyeballing Thad...right? Right??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, no reason to make that trade with PHX unless they're giving up a first.

There has to be some other team out there that is eyeballing Thad...right? Right??
    there are plenty, but most of them don't have any contracts that match his salary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me more about this 4way trade or admit you are wrong for once. No excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hutch was part of the Westbrook trade, not the DeRozan trade.
    You are correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are also wrong. Just admit it for once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are also wrong. Just admit it for once.
    I did, to the poster that first pointed it out, not the monkey .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what? DDR was going to Chicago regardless. We worked a deal that got us a first round pick. Aminu and Thad only have salary for this year, a year where we are under the tax and can afford to take on one year of a salary. There was no downside. Now, if they can get something more for Young, great. But it looks like he isn't good enough to earn minutes on the floor and if that is the case, teams aren't trading much for him. No reason to trade him for trade's sake, but they shouldn't do something harmful to the roster, like trade for Saric just to "get something" for Young. If they get something, great. But don't trade him for a player with years on his contract and doesn't excite the Spurs about playing him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had PHX been able to send over their 2022 first (instead of it going to OKC), I think the Saric/filler/FRP gets done a while ago. The pause for PHX has to be that the FRP the spurs covet wouldn’t come until at least 2024, which maybe outside this current CP3 window they have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what? DDR was going to Chicago regardless. We worked a deal that got us a first round pick. Aminu and Thad only have salary for this year, a year where we are under the tax and can afford to take on one year of a salary. There was no downside. Now, if they can get something more for Young, great. But it looks like he isn't good enough to earn minutes on the floor and if that is the case, teams aren't trading much for him. No reason to trade him for trade's sake, but they shouldn't do something harmful to the roster, like trade for Saric just to "get something" for Young. If they get something, great. But don't trade him for a player with years on his contract and doesn't excite the Spurs about playing him.
    I agree. I think the CHI deal was a win regardless. Would it be nice to get value for Thad? Of course. But that 2025 pick could be nice, and even nicer if it conveys the year after when it’s only top 8 protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had PHX been able to send over their 2022 first (instead of it going to OKC), I think the Saric/filler/FRP gets done a while ago. The pause for PHX has to be that the FRP the spurs covet wouldn’t come until at least 2024, which maybe outside this current CP3 window they have.
    He signed a 3 year deal, and I doubt his game falls off a cliff anytime soon. I think they’ve moved on by signing Biyambo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He signed a 3 year deal, and I doubt his game falls off a cliff anytime soon. I think they’ve moved on by signing Biyambo.
    Saric would be a good return.

Thread Information