Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report is saying he will be out 2-3 weeks for what it’s worth.
    Get him onboard and keep the tank rolling. Tank for Chet!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers are trading Eric Bledsoe, Justise Winslow, Keon Johnson and future second-round pick to the Trail Blazers for Norman Powell and Robert Covington, sources tell ESPN.- woj

Maybe some of thrse deals will get done now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That feels like no value at all for Portland. How the mighty have fallen in Covington's case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so...why did Portland trade Trent Jr to the Raps for Powell if they were just going to salary dump him??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Portland's perspective it feels like they are about to blow it all up. It's about time too...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    covington gonna be a spur next year if the clippers can't afford him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa, this feels like a steal for the Clippers. Adding Powell & the 6'7" Covington to Kawhi & PG makes for a very tall collection of swing players, none of whom are afraid of or unskilled at shooting threes... Great move for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jak should be getting moved pretty soon right? That’s why he hasn’t been playing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They did get under the tax, but they took on a ton of future money to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would Portland do that trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Raptors turned Grevis Vasquez into OG and Norm Powell, Norm Powell into Gary Trent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covington gonna be a spur next year if the clippers can't afford him.

Steve Ballmer is worth $100 billion.... the payroll tax he'd have to pay would be something like the daily fluctuations in his stock portfolio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Portland's perspective it feels like they are about to blow it all up. It's about time too...
    I don't think they're going to blow it up. They obviously wanted to make room in the backcourt Simons, but I don't understand why they wouldn't trade Powell to a team that would actually send them back something valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls, Raptors Interested In Jakob Poeltl The San Antonio Spurs are seeking a future first round pick and a quality player in exchange for Jakob Poeltl, sources tell Marc Stein of Substack.
    The Chicago Bulls have joined the Toronto Raptors with interest in trading for Poeltl.
    Poell is in Year 2 of a three-year, $26.3 million contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's about where the Spurs should be on Poeltl. A good player plus a 1st would be great, but 2 FRP would be even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's about where the Spurs should be on Poeltl. A good player plus a 1st would be great, but 2 FRP would be even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Williams plus Portlands 2022 pick would work money wise. Would we do it? Would Chicago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Raptors turned Grevis Vasquez into OG and Norm Powell, Norm Powell into Gary Trent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Williams plus Portlands 2022 pick would work money wise. Would we do it? Would Chicago?
    I would happily do this. I am not sure that Chicago would, but I would def do this if I was the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not clear on what a 'quality player' would be in a Poeltl trade. He's already one of only three good players on the team and the only center worth playing. I understand the tank mode and possibility they may not resign him after next year, but will what they get be better than him? Neither Chicago nor Toronto will give a FRP better than the #9 at which he was selected - with good return - and neither is going to give a 'quality player' better than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really understand why Chicago wants Jakob tho tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors don't have an expendable young player and wouldn't be amendable to making a fair trade even if they did and the Bulls only have White, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

so...why did Portland trade Trent Jr to the Raps for Powell if they were just going to salary dump him??
    Cir stances changed quickly, but in the end it's more luck for the Raptors.

This is not a good trade for the Trail Blazers, but even though it's a clear talent upgrade for the Clippers with little downside, it's not a great fit either.

They needed a third option who could defend small guards and play make; Powell can't provide either. This could mean Morris is traded next to reduce the tax hit/increase draft capital, but it'd eventually equal more S bag at the four, reducing one of their advantages which was size on the wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really understand why Chicago wants Jakob tho tbh.
    The Spurs lead the entire NBA in screen assists and contested shots. That’s Jakob, on both sides of the ball. He does all that mostly unnoticed work with only 3 fouls per game. That’s playoff gold, but not for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a catastrophically horrible deal for the Blazers where they just made the clippers so much better when they were already contenders when healthy.

Couldn't even get Boston jr or even a swap for 27 first.

Disgraceful when contenders get everything free, and with a week left in the deadline is even worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors don't have an expendable young player and wouldn't be amendable to making a fair trade even if they did and the Bulls only have White, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Cir stances changed quickly, but in the end it's more luck for the Raptors.

This is not a good trade for the Trail Blazers, but even though it's a clear talent upgrade for the Clippers with little downside, it's not a great fit either.

They needed a third option who could defend small guards and play make; Powell can't provide either. This could mean Morris is traded next to reduce the tax hit/increase draft capital, but it'd eventually equal more S bag at the four, reducing one of their advantages which was size on the wings.
    Balmer doesn’t care about the tax.

Thread Information