Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1651
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying I want him back but why cant he come back next year? From everything I ready it is only for the league year so he could come back next summer.
    The league year is for trades. Like the Spurs can reacquire White in a trade starting in July.

When a team trades a player who is subsequently waived by the receiving team, it cannot claim the player off waivers or re-sign the player until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract5, whichever is earlier6.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

Eubanks' contract ran through the end of next season, so he has to wait the calendar year.

In case you're wondering what the footnotes are, 5 is saying that option years don't count (though non-guaranteed years aren't in the exception), and 6 is the Bogut rule like I mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say no to helping LA with Westbrook for two reasons:

1. We should never help the Lakers, ever
    2. Westbrook is one of a top 2 players, along with Harden, who should absolutely never ever ever ever don a Spurs uniform. I'd welcome Nephew back with open arms before either of those two

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say no to helping LA with Westbrook for two reasons:

1. We should never help the Lakers, ever
    2. Westbrook is one of a top 2 players, along with Harden, who should absolutely never ever ever ever don a Spurs uniform. I'd welcome Nephew back with open arms before either of those two
    Would have to add Karl Malone to the top of your list. Was going to become Cavs fan for a couple of years if they would have signed that kid er in 04.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. This is the greatest comedy show of the year and I want it to continue for season 2. Westbrick is already my favorite Laker of alltime for destroying the Lakers and LeBron's legacy all at once. I wish he had a longer contract
    LOL this is my favorite Lakers team since 2013. No way I want them broken up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league year is for trades. Like the Spurs can reacquire White in a trade starting in July.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

Eubanks' contract ran through the end of next season, so he has to wait the calendar year.

In case you're wondering what the footnotes are, 5 is saying that option years don't count (though non-guaranteed years aren't in the exception), and 6 is the Bogut rule like I mentioned.
    Thanks for the clarification but wouldnt his third year be a team option since it is not guarenteed yet and the spurs/toranto could have opted out up till following the last day of the 2022/23 moratorium period. I dont think he had any money guarenteed to him. I did not see the part your talking about non guarenteed years not counting.

https://hoopshype.com/player/drew-eubanks/salary/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the clarification but wouldnt his third year be a team option since it is not guarenteed yet and the spurs/toranto could have opted out up till following the last day of the 2022/23 moratorium period. I dont think he had any money guarenteed to him. I did not see the part your talking about non guarenteed years not counting.

https://hoopshype.com/player/drew-eubanks/salary/
    A team option is not the same thing as a non-guaranteed year. A team option is basically the same thing as a player option, but with the team making the decision rather than the player. It has all the same limitations, such as it needing to be decided prior to the end of the league year and benefits, such as conserving the Bird clock and potential RFA status. Careless journalists will sometimes list non-guaranteed years as team options, but that's not correct.

The CBA FAQ does not say only guaranteed years count; therefore, we have no reason to assume the re-signing prohibition doesn't extend to non-guaranteed. As a bit of explanation on how options work in general: When a player has a team or player option, the non-option years are considered the base contract with the option year being added on. So a first-rounder has a two-year deal with two team options, while James Harden is on an expiring contract with an option to extend the contract for an additional year. TOs and POs have to be picked up. The default is the contract ending. So in the cases where a guy with a TO is traded and waived, the option is considered to be not picked up, and thus the contract ends before that last year. ETOs are different in that they're an option to END the contract a year early. The default for those is the contract continuing. So when a player is waived before an ETO year, the ETO is considered picked up.

So basically Eubanks signed a three-year deal with no options. His contract's end date was in 2023. He was waived early, but he had no option year that wasn't picked up. Therefore, his prohibition lasts a whole year and not until the end of this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have to add Karl Malone to the top of your list. Was going to become Cavs fan for a couple of years if they would have signed that kid er in 04.
    Fisher with his .04 shot and running to the tunnels still gives me cold sweats at night. Include him on that list including Zaza’s left foot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to feel like the lottery will make a huge impact on how quickly this rebuild goes (duh). We are a fairly compe ive bad team, as the metrics show, not an absolutely roll over. So, we aren't THAT far off. With that said, we aren't necessarily better in the short run with a bunch of mid-FRPs.

Scenario 1: We jump into the Top 4 and have an impact rookie. We use TOR and BOS picks to add another instant contributor, whether it be by moving up, or using to trade for an impactful vet, or in a S&T for someone who can be impactful (Levine?)

Scenario 2: We have picks #8, 20, 25. We pick them all, and the Austin Spurs win the G-league with them spending significant time there. Or we'll trade those picks for picks down the road. We rent our cap space for more future picks, and we are basically just OKC or HOU, in what seems like forever rebuilding limbo... our problem will be we are too good to finish Top 4 every year, so we'll never make any real progress towards the rebuild.

Is there are Scenario 3 where we still pick in the 7-10 range, but get an impact player and add other impact players through trades or free agency and improve right away?

I know a lot of people would say it is foolish or impatient to expect a one year turnaround, but I have a hard time seeing an extended rebuild really working. With DJM and some of these other young guys, I don't see us sucking enough to fully commit to the tank, and we'll be forever stuck drafting these solid guys who aren't superstars. And no stars = no progress.
    I think the Spurs know they won't get a top 4 pick without some ping pong luck, which is why they acquired the other 2 FRP. Hopefully this allows them to trade up, but that depends on another team being willing to do that. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we didn't make a move for Collins, he's always injured now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL this is my favorite Lakers team since 2013. No way I want them broken up.
    It's fantastic.

Watching LeBron sulk off into the tunnel without congratulating the other team after every mounting loss never gets old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fantastic.

Watching LeBron sulk off into the tunnel without congratulating the other team after every mounting loss never gets old.
    It's funny because usually you think you got LeBron at least you're a playoff team. Even the Cavs couldn't that up other than LeBron's rookie year. But now it's looking like the Lakers will have missed the playoffs twice with LeBron. How the do have LeBron and not make the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers could miss the playoffs in probably the worst year the Western Conference has had in living memory. The play-in teams are awful.

Currently, the Spurs are 2 wins outside the play-in and they're 17 games under .500.

They are 3 wins under Los Angeles, 2 wins under New Orleans.

I don't think they'll catch NOP, who don't own their pick and are probably pushing for the POs. Lakers are another story. They look completely disinterested in continuing this lovely pain they're experiencing. I can see James forcing a trade this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers could miss the playoffs in probably the worst year the Western Conference has had in living memory. The play-in teams are awful.

Currently, the Spurs are 2 wins outside the play-in and they're 17 games under .500.

They are 3 wins under Los Angeles, 2 wins under New Orleans.

I don't think they'll catch NOP, who don't own their pick and are probably pushing for the POs. Lakers are another story. They look completely disinterested in continuing this lovely pain they're experiencing. I can see James forcing a trade this summer.
    Damn Phoenix was actually on a 68 win pace until Paul broke his thumb. Probably still win 61-62 games. Rest of the conference is pretty trash though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fantastic.

LeBron has always been a bitter loser not congratulating the other team after a loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lakers are gonna miss the playoffs and the damn Grizzlies are gonna benefit.

I dont think a guy the Spurs can get say they finish at 7 or 6, wont be an impact guy. Keegan Murray looks like he has the potential to be an impact guy. Surround him with Poeltl Murray and Johnson and he can really blossom. He commands a lot of attention in the Iowa offense, rightfully so, yet still gets his shots off easily, and his perimeter defense is really damn good.

However, i dont think say the 6 and the two other picks are enough to get into the top 4 to get a Banchero. I’m most likely wrong, just dont think Houston, Detroit, Orlando are willing to trade down if they are in that position. Again, could be wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lakers are gonna miss the playoffs and the damn Grizzlies are gonna benefit.

I dont think a guy the Spurs can get say they finish at 7 or 6, wont be an impact guy. Keegan Murray looks like he has the potential to be an impact guy. Surround him with Poeltl Murray and Johnson and he can really blossom. He commands a lot of attention in the Iowa offense, rightfully so, yet still gets his shots off easily, and his perimeter defense is really damn good.

However, i dont think say the 6 and the two other picks are enough to get into the top 4 to get a Banchero. I’m most likely wrong, just dont think Houston, Detroit, Orlando are willing to trade down if they are in that position. Again, could be wrong.
    Agree that Banchero should still be the target. He's probably more floor (late prime Griffin/Randle) than ceiling raiser, but a play making four, with go-to scoring potential, who's bi-racial and played at Duke, is too much to at least not pursue to the fullest.

Between the three 1sts, plus potentially Poeltl and Richardson, as well as including a third team, for the first time in forever they should have enough assets to at least make a team think about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My pick is Jaden Ivey too but sometimes I'm quite unsure with his translation/transition to NBA. He'll probably be picked by Thunder but I won't be surprised if they'll take Shaedon Sharpe if he declared. I kinda want the Spurs to gamble on Shaedon Sharpe if he declared and he's available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't sure where to put this but since the general topic of the thread is trades I'm gonna put it here-

With the rumors of LA being willing to trade AD out there in an espn article, what do you think his value is on the market right now? I'm not necessarily thinking from the perspective of what we'd offer but just the overall market out there for him which could include us for discussion purposes.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have the potential cap space and picks to be big-time trade facilitators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't sure where to put this but since the general topic of the thread is trades I'm gonna put it here-

With the rumors of LA being willing to trade AD out there in an espn article, what do you think his value is on the market right now? I'm not necessarily thinking from the perspective of what we'd offer but just the overall market out there for him which could include us for discussion purposes.
    just for perspective, here's what LA gave to NO for Anthony "When I'm on the floor, I'm a mother er" Davis...:

- Brandon Ingram
    - Lonzo Ball
    - Josh Hart
    - three first-round picks
    - and two pick swaps

Yikes, good luck getting that in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anthony Davis’ current contract is a horrid thing which escalates to a player option for $43M in 2024-25. He probably still has the ability to be a top 20 player in the NBA, when he’s able to play. Yeah, when he’s able. But that amount? Um. He got that contract because of Lebron’s advocacy.

Without Lebron as his agent, his contract value would probably drop back to what it was in New Orleans, about $25M. That’s if a team wants to take a chance on him. I couldn’t see it as rational for a team to devote more than $25M of salary space to him, because he needs good players of the right kind around him - and a good backup!

The Spurs, themselves, should look elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just for perspective, here's what LA gave to NO for Anthony "When I'm on the floor, I'm a mother er" Davis...:

- Brandon Ingram
    - Lonzo Ball
    - Josh Hart
    - three first-round picks
    - and two pick swaps

Yikes, good luck getting that in return.
    You're not wrong, it's a lot but it was still worth it because they rang.

Meanwhile this overpay will likely not result in a le for NO. Not that AD staying there would have, mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis’ current contract is a horrid thing which escalates to a player option for $43M in 2024-25. He probably still has the ability to be a top 20 player in the NBA, when he’s able to play. Yeah, when he’s able. But that amount? Um. He got that contract because of Lebron’s advocacy.

Without Lebron as his agent, his contract value would probably drop back to what it was in New Orleans, about $25M. That’s if a team wants to take a chance on him. I couldn’t see it as rational for a team to devote more than $25M of salary space to him, because he needs good players of the right kind around him - and a good backup!

The Spurs, themselves, should look elsewhere.
    I think you'll see teams line up to acquire him if he indeed goes on the market. I don't think his contract will be a deterrent at all for most. I believe most of the interest will come from teams that see themselves as competing for the championship. I doubt many rebuilding team will be interested unless it's edging in to facilitate it for assets.

If Lillard tries to force his way out of Portland I could see them sending him to LA with AD going to a 3rd team and sending Portland young players/ picks.

I'm not sure where SA sees themselves right now... so it's hard for me to say if we'd be interested or not.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis is fools gold. The guy has no compe ive drive. He’s a pussy who can fill a stat sheet when there’s no pressure to win actual games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Prolly only few teams will be interested in getting him like - Bulls, Knicks, Mavs but Lakers will prolly ask more so the deal will not eventually push-thru then there's LeBron who was something to say.
    But then, his contract ($37M, $40M, #43M - player option) not friendly either and he only played like only 50% (2020-2021 - 36 out of 72 / 2021-2022 - 40 out of 82) in each season for the last 2 season.

Thread Information