Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah fake news just by the Flaker news agencies are going to be all over him to come to Flakers
    Yupp. Just damn haters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs can trade White, not trade Murray and their 1st round pick and get John Collins in return ? Do it PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs can trade White, not trade Murray and their 1st round pick and get John Collins in return ? Do it PATFO
    They’ll have to trade a 1st, maybe not this year’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll have to trade a 1st, maybe not this year’s.
    I think at this point we might be able to get him for White and Chicago's first from the Derozen S&T. I think his unhappiness has led to his value going down. Atl should probably prefer a late first over an early second. If for nothing else to save face with their fans.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook bodied dejounte tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Atlanta is serious about shopping Collins and his price asks for a starting player and a first, we could send the mcd, young and Chicago first... They just lost a shooter like Reddish so a veteran shooter like McDermott could be very valuable for them, probably more than White... If they want want a reserve point guard too, Tre Jones cold be added...
    Yup I rather they trade McD if Atlanta would take, instead of White who is the best pnr for Collins. But if Atlanta insists on White, then just do it. Collins >>> White

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at this point we might be able to get him for White and Chicago's first from the Derozen S&T. I think his unhappiness has led to his value going down. Atl should probably prefer a late first over an early second. If for nothing else to save face with their fans.
    Spot on. This is not the first time there has been “unhappiness” in that relationship, casting doubt on their ability to fix it long term. If ATL insists on much more than that framework, just better for the parties to reevaluate again in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I rather they trade McD if Atlanta would take, instead of White who is the best pnr for Collins. But if Atlanta insists on White, then just do it. Collins >>> White
    Can’t imagine there is any interest for McD. His contract isn’t great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not as concerned about losing White’s pnr game, as we just drafted a player whose going to grow into that skill over next 2 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key point for potential Collins trade is that Atlanta wants White. That can bring their asking price down.

McDermott is barely a positive asset and they've got their fair share of shooters that can't defend.

I think we all agree that White+Chicago pick with salary filler or maybe Lonnie would be a fair price for Collins.
    Our first rounders shouldn't be on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ideal trade for SA is White and McD plus Chicago’s 1st for Collins + filler. That would take care of the 4 position and leave max space available. And a line up of Murray, Vassel, KJ, Collins and Poeltl could be pretty okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on Collins being a great fit here.
    If the at ude issues are more in his side of the fence, a change of scenery won’t really help.
    Sure, he’d be a big upgrade offensively, but, I just don’t think he’d fit with Pop and the culture here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t want to jump the gun on our rebuild but it would be nice to get a co pilot for DJ. I prefer Sabonis over Collins personally but I don’t see the spurs making any deals except the obvious with Thad young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most reports iv seen say the hawks want a "valuable" 1st round pick. Kinda seems like they are wanting this year's pick... I wouldn't want to do that! Make them gamble and take our 2023 pick instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really follow Atlanta, but does John Collins have post games or create for himself? Otherwise he’d need a Trae Young to facilitate.

John Collins isn’t the type who will dribble his way to a shot, so the vast majority of his shots are assisted. Statistically, there’s an assist on about 3/4 of his makes.

By contrast, when DDR was with the Spurs only about 1/4 of his makes were assisted. So Collins could be seen as sort of the anti-DeRozan, a 1/4 iso player versus a 3/4 iso player. Collins is better in an offense where the ball moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 12 more days to go until we can stop pretending like the Spurs are going to make any sort of trade of value.

We'll probably trade the team refrigerator for a new washing machine or something like that.
    Last edited by Dex; 01-30-2022 at 11:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 12 more days to go until we can stop pretending like the Spurs are going to made any sort of trade of value.

We'll probably trade the team refrigerator for a new washing machine or something like that.
    Yeah, we jettisoned all of the vets, so we’re just off the map now. Not business as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta has been on a winning streak so I doubt they would trade Collins now. I also think they could get a better offer than we could provide if we don’t come off of draft picks.

dude could truly help the team if we trade the right players for him and have the right protections on the draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta has been on a winning streak so I doubt they would trade Collins now. I also think they could get a better offer than we could provide if we don’t come off of draft picks.

dude could truly help the team if we trade the right players for him and have the right protections on the draft picks.
    They were shopping him last deadline, but got crap offers, because he was a rental at the time. They resigned him to trade him. What is happening now is irrelevant. JoCo and Trae aren’t just suddenly going to get along after 3 years.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Dejounte (the basketball player) have beef with John Collins in a game last year? J Co has an edge, it seems. No idea if that’s good overall or not. I’m going to assume we are not trading for him, but hopefully the FO has better understanding of what he’s like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were shopping him last deadline, but got crap offers, because he was a rental at the time. They resigned him to trade him. What is happening now is irrelevant. JoCo and Trae aren’t just suddenly going to get along after 3 years.
    ehhh….

we will see how irrelevant their win streak and possible chance of making the playoffs is.

If they do trade him to us I will not be mad unless they give up a ton of draft picks or DJ, Vassell, Primo, or Keldon.

we will see soon if Collins and Young’s relationship can’t be minded by winning games, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one good thing about a Collins trade (which I don’t want) is that it puts everybody in their role and spot. It would also (it won’t in reality but it should) force KJ to the bench with Vasell starting in his stead. KJ is I believe more suited to be a high energy bench player that comes out and just shoots the ball and plays hard. I suppose we could start them both but I would rather start Lonnie at the 2 and see if he really doesn’t have anything to offer so we can give up on him going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one good thing about a Collins trade (which I don’t want) is that it puts everybody in their role and spot. It would also (it won’t in reality but it should) force KJ to the bench with Vasell starting in his stead. KJ is I believe more suited to be a high energy bench player that comes out and just shoots the ball and plays hard. I suppose we could start them both but I would rather start Lonnie at the 2 and see if he really doesn’t have anything to offer so we can give up on him going forward
    With Keldon's improved shooting from distance I think you could play him at the 3. In this trade White is likely going out so Murray/Vassell/Johnson/Collins/Poeltl would be a pretty sensible starting lineup, imo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Keldon's improved shooting from distance I think you could play him at the 3. In this trade White is likely going out so Murray/Vassell/Johnson/Collins/Poeltl would be a pretty sensible starting lineup, imo
    Why do people keep talking about his improved shooting? He shot 38% on 3s in college. He shot good in the bubble. Last year was slightly off but not horrible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie started the year last year and did nothing. Why do people want to keep giving him chances?

Thread Information