Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol there's a thread about the Hawks looking to trade Collins for a starter + a pick on RealGM and the Hawks homers in that thread all sound like Daryl Morey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Hawks are stupid if they trade Collins for White a Pick and filler IMO. Thats why I want that deal to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Hawks are stupid if they trade Collins for White a Pick and filler IMO. Thats why I want that deal to happen.
    If that’s all it takes, take it. It’s a no brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. We can be generous a throw Lonnie in there :-)

I’d consider the worst of Spurs or CHI 2025 picks in such a deal. Or we can make it a three way deal sending Thad to PHX and routing the draft assets to ATL.
    Last edited by CGD; 01-28-2022 at 03:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks should expect a similar deal that the magic got for vuc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Collins a total head case or something? When i saw that all they want is a 1st rounder and a starter i was pretty surprised. Spurs could do that trade easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks should expect a similar deal that the magic got for vuc.
    Maybe. That trade was 2 first round picks + young player + serviceable vet. But Derrick is way better than Wendell Holmes though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Collins a total head case or something? When i saw that all they want is a 1st rounder and a starter i was pretty surprised. Spurs could do that trade easily.
    There were rumors last year that he and Trae had some kind of beef over his role in the offense. I'm guessing the playoffs helped alleviate some of that but now they are underperforming and probably pointing fingers in the locker room. Could be nothing but it's the only reason that really makes sense for them to be looking to trade him already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Headcase is probably too strong, but I know that he and Trae don’t get along. Most late first round picks don’t evolve into divas, but he seems to have a bit of that in his personality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe mentioning that teams are calling the Spurs about Dejonte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally, I would see the roster going forward as:

Murray / White / Primo all splitting minutes at the 1&2 (32mpg each)
    Vassell / Johnson splitting minutes at the 3 (24mpg each)
    Some kind of roster upgrade at PF
    Poeltl / Landale splitting minutes at the 5 (30/18mpg respectively)

With the rest of the roster fighting for backup / Covid / injury / b2b minutes.

I have been 100% on #teamTank to get one of the top big men in the draft but, at our current position, we have a 23.4% chance for a top 3 pick (that still only goes up to 40% for the worst team in the league). If we have a chance to get Collins without losing one of the players listed above, then it accomplishes what I wanted in the draft anyway. If we have to give up White to do it, I would still pull the trigger because White is the oldest and most often injured of those listed, and would be replaced by the many options of SGs in the draft. If Zollins pans out, then we'd finally have a well-rounded team (albeit still young). Let them play 100% next season to gel together and evaluate... and use the massive cap space in '23 as needed.
    That’s a losing team both now and in the future unless there is a franchise player in our immediate future and there is no way to get Collins without including White or multiple FRPs. Additionally, those are still great odds at a top 3 pick.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-28-2022 at 04:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe mentioning that teams are calling the Spurs about Dejonte.
    Of course they are calling, DJ is having a great season. They wont get anywhere though. I cant think of any realistic trade the Spurs would take for their best young player and only building block.

They probably just calling because he was available last off season but things have changed since then and i think teams are regretting not pursuing him when they had a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my guess is that teams are offering ty picks for Murray and even tier packages for White. I don't see a realistic trade package for Murray. I'd also not trade White away until the draft when the team can know what they're getting in return. But as part of a package for Sabonis, Collins or another semi-star front-court player, I could see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, given his age contract and production Murray is by fear the most value asset we have. Spurs shouldn't trade him for anything less than a guaranteed top 3 pick (and maybe not even then) or a godfather offer of some kind

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand why people are high on Z collins. yes he was the 10th pick but was never very good when he played and mobility has gone down. I dont blame the spurs for takeing a flier on him to see what he could become. I think we did overpay since I doubt to many teams were after him. His reb is barley better the KJ and his 3s are nowhere close. His Drtg is worse then KJ and he was on a better team. Looking at the 1920 season for Zach and 21-22 for KJ.

I do believe KJ should be more of a 3 so we would need to get a PF that could play there. I am not high on John collins but would not be against trading for him. His salary is not to bad and it is for awhile so he would be here long time. I think there are a few good overlooked players though that could do well. Boucher has been a player I have liked for awhile. his number are as good as John Collins when he has gotten the PT. He is a little old though so would not fit out timeline. Another one I have mentioned is Mo Wagner. He has done well but dont see orlando moveing him now that his brother is there. I also like the Idea of Signing Smith this off season. He does shoot the 3 but has not doen it well so far. shot ok in college so maybe that goes up when he gets consistent playing time.

Poeltl I think is on a good contract but if we get something good for him then I would not hesitate to trade him.

White I would also be willing to trade as I think he has some value but with injuries and age does not fit the team long term. We also have other that can take his spot. I think he will be a 6th man if he stays.

DJM. He is our best player by far and dont think he wants to leave. I hope he has a long career here. I have always been one of his biggest supporters and I do think he will be an AS sometime. I also would rank him ahead of Tre young as far as how good he is.

KJ I think is a keeper. We just have to get him to the SF position and then he will do better.

DV- keeper right now. He looks to be developing but dont see him being a star. (you also need the solid role players on your team)

Walker- I was always one of the lowest on him and would not resign him. if tradded great if not fine with it too as dont see him haveing much value.

Jones- his brother was not a 3 pt shooter coming in and now is ok at shooting 3s. this part of his game may grow. will probably never be great at it but with time should get better. I think his brother was slightly better to start with.

Primo- still way to early for me to say anything. may be good or may not. he is in the walker stage of ohh flash he is gonne be great. lets see how he plays out over the next couple of years befor we say to much.

As far as trade goes. DJ would probbaly be the only player I would not trade. cant even see much unrealistic trades that I would trade him for. White and Poeltl would be shopped but not trying to rush them out as they are good players on good contracts.

Why people complain duing games and then want the moon after. they know this team is going nowhere but just because of that does not mean you should give away your assets. Bryn was pretty much given away because he does not have much value. Jacob and white have value and should not be given away. thad walker I think can be had for less as long as no bad contracts are coming back.

My plan for the future.

DJ
    Vassel/primo
    KJ
    4 during Draft or maybe smith
    5 we would need to find. I think there are some ok 5s out there that could be had for cheap and if we get a better 4 it would help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing spammer asshole trying to fill up the first page with his spam threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand why people are high on Z collins. yes he was the 10th pick but was never very good when he played and mobility has gone down. I dont blame the spurs for takeing a flier on him to see what he could become. I think we did overpay since I doubt to many teams were after him. His reb is barley better the KJ and his 3s are nowhere close. His Drtg is worse then KJ and he was on a better team. Looking at the 1920 season for Zach and 21-22 for KJ.

I do believe KJ should be more of a 3 so we would need to get a PF that could play there. I am not high on John collins but would not be against trading for him. His salary is not to bad and it is for awhile so he would be here long time. I think there are a few good overlooked players though that could do well. Boucher has been a player I have liked for awhile. his number are as good as John Collins when he has gotten the PT. He is a little old though so would not fit out timeline. Another one I have mentioned is Mo Wagner. He has done well but dont see orlando moveing him now that his brother is there. I also like the Idea of Signing Smith this off season. He does shoot the 3 but has not doen it well so far. shot ok in college so maybe that goes up when he gets consistent playing time.

Poeltl I think is on a good contract but if we get something good for him then I would not hesitate to trade him.

White I would also be willing to trade as I think he has some value but with injuries and age does not fit the team long term. We also have other that can take his spot. I think he will be a 6th man if he stays.

DJM. He is our best player by far and dont think he wants to leave. I hope he has a long career here. I have always been one of his biggest supporters and I do think he will be an AS sometime. I also would rank him ahead of Tre young as far as how good he is.

KJ I think is a keeper. We just have to get him to the SF position and then he will do better.

DV- keeper right now. He looks to be developing but dont see him being a star. (you also need the solid role players on your team)

Walker- I was always one of the lowest on him and would not resign him. if tradded great if not fine with it too as dont see him haveing much value.

Jones- his brother was not a 3 pt shooter coming in and now is ok at shooting 3s. this part of his game may grow. will probably never be great at it but with time should get better. I think his brother was slightly better to start with.

Primo- still way to early for me to say anything. may be good or may not. he is in the walker stage of ohh flash he is gonne be great. lets see how he plays out over the next couple of years befor we say to much.

As far as trade goes. DJ would probbaly be the only player I would not trade. cant even see much unrealistic trades that I would trade him for. White and Poeltl would be shopped but not trying to rush them out as they are good players on good contracts.

Why people complain duing games and then want the moon after. they know this team is going nowhere but just because of that does not mean you should give away your assets. Bryn was pretty much given away because he does not have much value. Jacob and white have value and should not be given away. thad walker I think can be had for less as long as no bad contracts are coming back.

My plan for the future.

DJ
    Vassel/primo
    KJ
    4 during Draft or maybe smith
    5 we would need to find. I think there are some ok 5s out there that could be had for cheap and if we get a better 4 it would help.
    One of the issues with Smith in Phoenix is that he is legit JUST a 5. Since he can’t play alongside Ayton, he’s stuck at 3rd in their center rotation. He’ll have to play the 5 here, meaning Jak would have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing spammer asshole trying to fill up the first page with his spam threads
    timvp Kori Ellis

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the issues with Smith in Phoenix is that he is legit JUST a 5. Since he can’t play alongside Ayton, he’s stuck at 3rd in their center rotation. He’ll have to play the 5 here, meaning Jak would have to go.
    Im kind of thinking he mght be that as well. In that case he would be the 5 and we would draft the 4. there are a few good ones out there this year at the top. Just have to hope we draft high enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they cleaned that up quickly.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people need to realize that, if Zollins hasn't made an All-Star team in his 100+ year career, he never will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. That trade was 2 first round picks + young player + serviceable vet. But Derrick is way better than Wendell Holmes though.
    Yes, that serviceable vet was waived and was used for salary matching.

Those picks were protected.

Vuc was an allstar

Magic were rebuilding while Hawks are retooling. So they need players that fit around Tre now.

White and walker for Collins works salary wise but i am certain Hawks don't care for walker.
    Last edited by tbdog; 01-28-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly there's friction with him and Trae, who knows though
    Funny that you say this cause if you watch ATL games their body language shows they don't like each other. I never noticed it until my wife mentioned it but just about every time one walks toward the other, the other other completely turns his back or turns sideways . ATL is underachieving and someone has to bear the blame. Collins is the odd man out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol there's a thread about the Hawks looking to trade Collins for a starter + a pick on RealGM and the Hawks homers in that thread all sound like Daryl Morey
    Yeah that guy was out of his mind.

Complains that other teams fans are giant idiots because their ideas are insults to the value of Collins and how he's a big shot on hawksquak

Says Collins and assets can get KAT

Gets asked what the exact package would be, then he declares that Collins would not be traded for KAT, instead it would be Capela and 2 crappy firsts plus 1 fake first

Huh?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons/Harris would be a ton of salary to move in one direction in a trade….
    Will be hilarious if Harden forces his way out of Brooklyn and they're stuck taking that money back in a sign and trade to Philly.

Thread Information