Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team will never get back to the playoffs without a real starting power forward. By the way the Clippers are trying to move players to reduce their tax bill. Spurs got plenty of options. Kinda wish they kept Aminu, those 10 millions would've probably gotten a return as well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs likely gathered Thad to facilitate in part of a larger trade - IE Ben Simmons. Now that DJM has emerged there's almost no way he's going to be included in any deal for Ben Simmons. It just wouldn't make sense to trade DJM for him at this point, so the chances of any Ben Simmons deal go way down and Thads utility goes way down as a trade piece. I don't think there was ever a huge market for Thad on his own. The Phoenix rumor has been around but does Thad really strike anyone as commanding a first round pick? I don't believe the Spurs playing him this season would have changed that. I think at this point the Spurs aren't going to take any salary back unless its at least a first round pick. Otherwise they'll probably buyout Thad after next Thursday. I don't think a 2nd rounder moves the needle, but I do think that they might try to use Thad as part of some larger trade.
    Yeah I think a first was just for him was never an option but talking on a bad contract back and trading him will get us a first but I wouldn’t want there 29 pick this year maybe 2024. It will be interesting the next few days as I can see the Spurs being the third wheel in a trade - cross your fingers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, exstatic is like the community toilet because everyone takes a on him here.
    Truth. Guy strikes out for an entire inning with 1 at-bat every time he comes up to the plate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Bulls aren't a "completely different team". They have the same stars they had last year plus DeRozan.

Chicago's Top 7 leaders in minutes, 2021:

1. Coby White
    2. Zach LaVine
    3. Patrick Williams
    4. Thaddeus Young
    5. Garrett Temple
    6. Lauri Markkanen
    7. Tomas Satoransky

Chicago's Top 7 leaders in minutes, 2022:

1. DeMar DeRozan
    2. Zach LaVine
    3. Nikola Vucevic
    4. Lonzo Ball
    5. Ayo Dosunmu
    6. Coby White
    7. Alex Caruso

I dunno, man-- those teams look pretty significantly different to me.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 02-03-2022 at 05:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago's Top 7 leaders in minutes, 2021:

Coby White
    Zach LaVine
    Patrick Williams
    Thaddeus Young
    Garrett Temple
    Lauri Markkanen
    Tomas Satoransky

Chicago's Top 7 leaders in minutes, 2022:

DeMar DeRozan
    Zach LaVine
    Nikola Vucevic
    Lonzo Ball
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Coby White
    Alex Caruso

I dunno, man-- those teams look pretty significantly different to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. Guy strikes out for an entire inning with 1 at-bat every time he comes up to the plate.
    Ex still puts a certain level of due diligence into many takes which many here are not capable of. We are all a bunch of fanboys(girls) but few here actually research sh!t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex still puts a certain level of due diligence into many takes which many here are not capable of. We are all a bunch of fanboys(girls) but few here actually research sh!t.
    So he's actually researching things and somehow still end up on the incorrect side of things? That's an extra level of suckitude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he's actually researching things and somehow still end up on the incorrect side of things? That's an extra level of suckitude.
    hahahah I don’t disagree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like John Collins may have separated his shoulder against Phoenix

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discount!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might be able to get him for White, Thad, and that Bulls pick now tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it's not like the Spurs need him to play this year...

That's a legit reason to trade for him now, but hopefully, the injury is something that prevents him from being dealt this year. Making a move for him this summer is definitely the better option if it's there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is a wash, all moves should be about gaining asset's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a legit reason to trade for him now, but hopefully, the injury is something that prevents him from being dealt this year. Making a move for him this summer is definitely the better option if it's there.
    Why is it better to get him in the off season? If the spurs keep their 2022 pick, why would it matter? Isn't the Hawks more likely wanting to make a deal now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should go all in on Collins. Only pick I'd offer is the Chicago pick, but I'm pretty sure they can get him with that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love to see White, McD, and Chicago’s 1st for Collins and filler. Cements the tank this year, gets the starting PF already developed. That’s important because the ballyhooed Spurs development system hasn’t really worked out so well with bigs. It leaves major cap space to either try to bring in a true #1 option or facilitate other trades to gain more assets. It would also ensure Vassel, Primo get all they can eat this year. Probably also kicks the tires on Cacok and Wieskamp. If you luck out and get Holmgren in the draft you really have the foundation of a team that could be special.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should go all in on Collins. Only pick I'd offer is the Chicago pick, but I'm pretty sure they can get him with that
    Looking at the CHI pick protections again (and how decent they are for us), I’m probably keeping that pick especially since it comes after all their “stars” are off their current deals. Honestly, I’d just do the Toronto special with one of our picks in the next 3 years— top 18 protect it. I like the idea of Collins, but I’m also not enamored with it having to be him that solves the PF issues especially if they draft well this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going all in but only offering the Chi pick plus White/Thad isn't the same thing imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it better to get him in the off season? If the spurs keep their 2022 pick, why would it matter? Isn't the Hawks more likely wanting to make a deal now?
    If the deal is their you do it, but it does feel like the trade deadline is a bit of a feeling out period and precursor to deals in the summer. Teams (including spurs) are probably making big asks for their players now, but are simultaneously gathering info about what players may be moveable at all and potential framework possibilities for later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going all in but only offering the Chi pick plus White/Thad isn't the same thing imo.
    Yes, which is why we shouldn’t go “all in”
    for Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, which is why we shouldn’t go “all in”
    for Collins.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. RC Drunkford said he'd go all in but only offer the Chi pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think I'd rather get him now personally. It let's us move DW without bringing back a player that's expected to play until next year. We can 1) improve our draft position 2) acquire a player that fits for next season, and 3) move a player or two in the offseason to open up room to acquire a third high end player to play between DJ and JoCo.

That's probably as good of a scenario as I can see right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record John Collins said he plans to play tonight. Othing out there about him being done for the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record John Collins said he plans to play tonight. Othing out there about him being done for the season.
    He said that after the game last night...they are running tests this morning to make a determination as to the severity of the injury..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report is saying he will be out 2-3 weeks for what it’s worth.

Thread Information