Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New thread to contain all the rumors leading up the deadline to discuss so we're not constantly bumping old player threads

we all know the spurs will probably do jack at the deadline but we need a 1000 page thread to discuss all the possible scenarios, whether or not some bitter posters want to hear it or not

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...re?share=other

Here's the Spurs related stuff:

* Jerami Grant has been frequently mentioned as a primary trade target for the Hawks, and Atlanta placed a call to San Antonio about Derrick White. The Spurs and Mavericks have been considered Collins suitors.

* Several teams, including San Antonio, Charlotte, Dallas and Milwaukee, have phoned about Cedi Osman.

* The Raptors have called San Antonio regarding Jakob Poeltl, but the Spurs have fielded numerous calls on him and are seeking a strong return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it starts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hesitant to have Collins as our highest paid player but he has gotten better defensively and has nice range on his shot. But if you can get him for White/Young/2023 1st rounder (protected), i'd do that all day tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cedí, filler + sending us back our original SRP, seems like good return for Thad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turn:

- Jak into Weisman
    - Thad into Cedi & SRP
    - White/Lonnie/DET pick into Collins

Profit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to see what Collins can do, if he hasn’t lost his lateral speed. He’s only 23 and a former lottery pick, and potentially developed into a solid PF if he pans out. I would rather they get a C like Turner who is a better on-man defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really wanted collins in the offseason. time to correct our mistake of signing the wrong one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a good player but he is not an Alfa or a Robin. He is receiving money like a Robin but he is a #3 option in any contender team, he is not a game changer.

The bad news is SA need to overpaid players to play here.

Any trade for DW or Jak need to be for a game changer type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a good player but he is not an Alfa or a Robin. He is receiving money like a Robin but he is a #3 option in any contender team, he is not a game changer.

The bad news is SA need to overpaid players to play here.

Any trade for DW or Jak need to be for a game changer type of player.
    Idk, Atl made it to the conference finals with him as their #2 and he played well in his first playoffs. He is underutilized on the Hawks imo. Dudes only taking like 11 shots a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would gladly do a trade for John Collins. Its even better if it doesn't involve Jak. Obviously no Dejounte Murray in this trade, but I think its pretty insane the Hawks are looking to offload him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cedí, filler + sending us back our original SRP, seems like good return for Thad
    Why would they want Thad? They’ve got bigs for days…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to see what Collins can do, if he hasn’t lost his lateral speed. He’s only 23 and a former lottery pick, and potentially developed into a solid PF if he pans out. I would rather they get a C like Turner who is a better on-man defender.
    He wasn’t a lottery pick. Lottery is 14 picks, and he went at #19.

I was high on him last year and summer, but have cooled after seeing his numbers drop for the second consecutive year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn’t a lottery pick. Lottery is 14 picks, and he went at #19.

I was high on him last year and summer, but have cooled after seeing his numbers drop for the second consecutive year.
    I’m talking about our own Zach Collins. I rather they get a Center like a Turner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they want Thad? They’ve got bigs for days…
    Fair point -- forgot they had washed up Love too. Was the only other "win now" team i could find that might be interested. Maybe a better Lonnie destination...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We like what we have.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t collins the target that everyone wanted over the summer and now his own team is putting him on the trading block

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm encouraged by the "multiple teams" are inquiring about Jakob part. Let's get that price war going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point -- forgot they had washed up Love too. Was the only other "win now" team i could find that might be interested. Maybe a better Lonnie destination...
    He is averaging 14 and 7 shooting > 40% on 6 3’s a game in 20 mins. Hardly washed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like ATL want’s a first. I’m not giving them any our our FRPs for the next 3yrs. Those are going to be too valuable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like ATL want’s a first. I’m not giving them any our our FRPs for the next 3yrs. Those are going to be too valuable.
    They could always do what Toronto did to us and protect it top 18 or whatever. If the team is picking then, its becasue things are trending the right way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t collins the target that everyone wanted over the summer and now his own team is putting him on the trading block
    Supposedly there's friction with him and Trae, who knows though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His numbers across the board are dropping for the second year in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is averaging 14 and 7 shooting > 40% on 6 3’s a game in 20 mins. Hardly washed.
    He couldn’t guard a mannakin at this point. Think 6’10” Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The line about Jak makes you wonder…. I’m all for moving him as I don’t see him fitting our timeline; not age but medium term strategic plan. Jak is a win now player who will probably garner 15/yr in FA in 2023. We are nowhere close to a win now team so makes sense to move him for an appropriate return. I have a feeling teams like the Raps were offering absolute garbage though.

Thread Information