Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to Poeltl great last night. He was aggressive, running with the team and getting awarded. Great game. I really hope he can develop to become a better on-man defender. He is a great help defender chasing blocks, but sometimes he overhelp, which I think is Spurs style of defense. But there are times it’s too early and leaving his man.
    I hate to say it but I'm coming around on Poeltl's game a bit. It helps that he's showing some more aggression and a marked improvement in his form. But I'm starting to see some dog from him night in and night out which used to be a much rarer event. I might add him to my list of players to build around / not trade if he plays like this through the rest of this season. Hope he does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely been a revelation. The small sample size argument grows weaker by the day; he's now shot as many threes this season (in only 46 games) as all of last season (69 games).

The next thing I want to see from him on offense is to work on his shot selection. 33.9% of his shots are threes, which is probably too low for as good a shooter as he apparently is, but 34.7% of his shots come from 3-10 feet (horrible) and only 19.1% at the rim. He shoots an ugly 42.8% on those 3-10 foot shots, worse than his overall three-point percentage and thus way worse in terms of eFG%.

For someone who likes to bully his way to the rim he sure doesn't take a lot of shots from up close this year.
    This is because he is playing out of position... He is constantly going up against ppl who are taller, so when he goes to the rim it's harder to finish... He isn't a PF... he was a wing player in college... His advantage is bodying wing players on his way to the rim

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win. Spurs attacked Demar's lack of defensive coordination relentlessly
    Reckon he gave away just as much as he scored . Then the shameless bulls fans at the sbc started chanting mvp. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon went from “he needs to develop a 3 pt shot” to one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league in the span of 30ish games
    Not to diminish his obvious progress, but context: The sample size is still relatively small and between the fact that he only shoots wide open, catch and shoot spot ups and has a slow release, he still doesn't rank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to diminish his obvious progress, but context: The sample size is still relatively small and between the fact that he only shoots wide open, catch and shoot spot ups and has a slow release, he still doesn't rank.
    Oh yeah, not to be confused with guys who can actually create their own 3-point shots... For example, Keldon's sample size is equal to Durant's and is shooting better than him percentage-wise, but in no way do I believe he's a better 3-pt shooter than Durant-- he's on a different tier/ category altogether.

But when you compare Keldon to other spot up shooters, i.e. Bertans? Same sample size... Keldon is shooting better than him and that would be blasphemy before the season started.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, not to be confused with guys who can actually create their own 3-point shots... For example, Keldon's sample size is equal to Durant's and is shooting better than him percentage-wise, but in no way do I believe he's a better 3-pt shooter than Durant-- he's on a different tier/ category altogether.

But when you compare Keldon to other spot up shooters, i.e. Bertans? Same sample size... Keldon is shooting better than him and that would be blasphemy before the season started.
    Bertans can shoot off movement and despite his struggles in the past season and a half, because of his well earned reputation and quick release, teams will always defend him so he's still a spacer either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking back it seemed that maybe several Spurs had a good natured point to prove in showing “they had this” to DDR. DJM and Keldon seemed to care about this game a bit more.

Thread Information