Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you be ok with:

DC statehood in a scenario where we maintain having 50 States and 100 US Senators and 435 representatives?

So DC gets a House seat in addition to their 2 senators. 3 electoral votes. 1 house seat gets pulled from somewhere else, maybe a NY or CA.

Remove both Alaska and Hawaii as states, they shouldn't be states anyway as they aren't contiguous; they should be commonwealths/territories just like Guam or Puerto Rico.

Add Chicago as a state, pulling from Northeast Illinois and the farthest northwest two counties in Indiana (i.e. merge Chicagoland). The city of Chicago can become Chicago City and the capital of the new State of Chicago.

So Indiana loses an electoral vote, the newly formed Chicago state gets about 8 [blue] electoral votes (6 house and 2 senators), Illinois becomes a solid red state with 9 electoral votes (7 house and 2 senators).

Fair trade off or no? Alaska and Hawaii really don't belong as states, especially now that you can't get to either without a vax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your scenario blows

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No there's no rule that says 50 states is the max number

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Junkies dont get an input, calf man.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No there's no rule that says 50 states is the max number

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's the junkie exactly? You play make believe by continously pushing such asinine bs as "junkies don't get an input" but I don't play make believe so what drugs are you exactly on Tranny? We already know estrogen but what about street drugs? Inform me because I have no experience with hard drugs outside of psychedelics when I was a teen. Do tell Tranny!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no experience with hard drugs outside of psychedelics
    Do tell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way, but I give you credit for dreaming up totally ridiculous scenarios to "discuss".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way, but I give you credit for dreaming up totally ridiculous scenarios to "discuss".
    It's just that... Illinois is not a blue state. It's a large red state with a big ass blue in' city dragging down the whole state like a chunk of lead on a yacht, like a turd stain on one corner of a golden toilet bowl. I've hung around different parts of the state and it's bull that one small overcrowded brainwashed ty urban area can destroy an entire state whose economic heartbeat and iden y is food, agriculture, farming and small town life... one ty metro in the far northeast corner of an enormous state can decide that an elitist megalomaniac dictator like (F)JB Pritzker can take over the entire state and impose communazi laws, regulations and draconian mandates on a midwestern rural republican farming state, raising taxes and the cost of living, gas, etc for EVERYONE in the entire state all because of one hole city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just that... Illinois is not a blue state. It's a large red state with a big ass blue in' city dragging down the whole state like a chunk of lead on a yacht, like a turd stain on one corner of a golden toilet bowl. I've hung around different parts of the state and it's bull that one small overcrowded brainwashed ty urban area can destroy an entire state whose economic heartbeat and iden y is food, agriculture, farming and small town life... one ty metro in the far northeast corner of an enormous state can decide that an elitist megalomaniac dictator like (F)JB Pritzker can take over the entire state and impose communazi laws, regulations and draconian mandates on a midwestern rural republican farming state, raising taxes and the cost of living, gas, etc for EVERYONE in the entire state all because of one hole city.
    ~83% of the US population lives in urban areas.

The cities are the ing country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~83% of the US population lives in urban areas.

The cities are the ing country.
    and 99.8% of violent crime...

but under "urban" you're including everything that is not rural. So you're including urban, ghetto, suburban, and exurban not rural. All 5 of those categories are distinctly different and present in almost every state (yeah, you won't really find urban or ghetto in Wyoming) and have distinctly different demographics and, in general, partisan views, leans and trends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and 99.8% of violent crime...

but under "urban" you're including everything that is not rural. So you're including urban, ghetto, suburban, and exurban not rural. All 5 of those categories are distinctly different and present in almost every state (yeah, you won't really find urban or ghetto in Wyoming) and have distinctly different demographics and, in general, partisan views, leans and trends.
    equal represention in the US Senate is an absurd anachronism and inherently anti-democratic. for that matter, so is a capped number of US reps.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    equal represention in the US Senate is an absurd anachronism and inherently anti-democratic. for that matter, so is a capped number of US reps.
    You gotta be kidding me,,,,so basically the rules until you are large and in charge,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be kidding me,,,,so basically the rules until you are large and in charge,,,
    Oh and I forgot to add one more classification: College town. Because that deserves its own category.

-Urban: downtowns, inner / medium to high density-building portions of large cities. Racially and ethnically diverse; deep blue trending even bluer
    -Ghetto: outside of urban, outside of commercial districts of large cities; high-crime neighborhoods. Racially majority Black and Latino. Deep blue, slightly trending red
    -Suburban: between ghetto and exurban; low-density SFH, typically nicer, lower-crime, white-majority, more upscale, oft-HOA type neighborhoods. Purple, trended blue last 15 years; could trend back red?
    -Exurban: smaller cities and towns outside of larger metro areas, smaller stand-alone US cities not a part of large metro area, industrial towns. Large white majority, red, trended strongly red in last 15 years and should continue trending red
    -College Towns: self explanatory; towns with mid-size to large colleges and universities. Racially and ethnically diverse, deep dark blue and will always be deep dark blue.
    -Rural: small towns not part of metro area, farms and ranches outside towns, large-acreage residences, off-the-grid residences. Very large white majority and deep red trending even further red.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet we have two Dakotas. That was pure GOP power consolidation at the time.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DC is bigger than Vermont and Wyoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and I forgot to add one more classification: College town. Because that deserves its own category.

-Urban: downtowns, inner / medium to high density-building portions of large cities. Racially and ethnically diverse; deep blue trending even bluer
    -Ghetto: outside of urban, outside of commercial districts of large cities; high-crime neighborhoods. Racially majority Black and Latino. Deep blue, slightly trending red
    -Suburban: between ghetto and exurban; low-density SFH, typically nicer, lower-crime, white-majority, more upscale, oft-HOA type neighborhoods. Purple, trended blue last 15 years; could trend back red?
    -Exurban: smaller cities and towns outside of larger metro areas, smaller stand-alone US cities not a part of large metro area, industrial towns. Large white majority, red, trended strongly red in last 15 years and should continue trending red
    -College Towns: self explanatory; towns with mid-size to large colleges and universities. Racially and ethnically diverse, deep dark blue and will always be deep dark blue.
    -Rural: small towns not part of metro area, farms and ranches outside towns, large-acreage residences, off-the-grid residences. Very large white majority and deep red trending even further red.
    Ghetto trending red?
    Suburban purple?
    Exurban: you're describing a rural town

The things you tell yourself to keep believing...

Thread Information