Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not sure I’d want Antivax Marino at this stage.
    Just not a lot of options at this point tbh. If Purdy has to get Tommy John surgery he's out for next season most likely and Trey Lance hasn't shown anything. Can't waste this talented roster by being cheap or complacent now.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What are the betting odds on Brady unretiring again before training camp?
    Don't know about betting odds, but I'd give it less than a 10% chance. He always said he wanted to play until 45, and he fulfilled that this year. He had a wonderful career and has a lot of soul searching to do now. He's at a crossroads in his life as he's not only switching careers and hasn't yet decided on a new long term career, but also because now he has less-than-half custody of three kids with not one but two supermodel exes. (I think Bridget Moynahan's a babe. Gisele is OK but too cakey.) What road is he going to go in both his personal and professional life? Retiring from football right now was the first and most obvious step he could take in his life.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think that's a good comparison. Marino never won a super bowl and was even less mobile than Tom Brady, if that's possible. Rodgers can still scramble on a 3rd & medium against cover one, move the chains and slide like a champ, or roll out of the pocket and make accurate throws. He was never Lamar Jackson but you don't want him to be because he's still one of the best throwers in the game. He just didn't have the experience at receiving talent in 2022.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If it's where Rodgers wants to go they'll get it done. Can make it a three team trade where the third team gets Lance, Packers get a first round pick, and the Niners get Rodgers.
    Makes sense, but;

1) Who is going to trade a 1st to get an unproven FCS mulatto QB coming off that brutal injury in September? AFAIC, a healthy Trey Lance is just a poor man's Carson Wentz, and Wentz is meh.

2) How often do three-way trades happen in the NFL anyway? This isn't the NBA.

3) The Packers are going to want more than just one first-round pick and nothing else. They will want at least a first and two seconds, if not two firsts tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Makes sense, but;

1) Who is going to trade a 1st to get an unproven FCS mulatto QB coming off that brutal injury in September? AFAIC, a healthy Trey Lance is just a poor man's Carson Wentz, and Wentz is meh.

2) How often do three-way trades happen in the NFL anyway? This isn't the NBA.

3) The Packers are going to want more than just one first-round pick and nothing else. They will want at least a first and two seconds, if not two firsts tbh.
    if the Packers want more than that they can keep him

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    What are the betting odds on Brady unretiring again before training camp?
    That would be my dream scenario. As the NFL would be a little more boring without having Brady to hate on (although I already have a solid replacement in Burrow) and he would start to make a joke out of himself ala Favre.

Not a chance in it happens though. Brady too smart to pull a like this again.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Just not a lot of options at this point tbh. If Purdy has to get Tommy John surgery he's out for next season most likely and Trey Lance hasn't shown anything. Can't waste this talented roster by being cheap or complacent now.
    Just get Lamar. You would average 500 rushing yards per game.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Derek Carr?

Upgrade over Jimmy but not much. Would need to accept financial cut and only 1 year starting gig.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Too injury prone. Also, every team would play nine men in the box base defense, like they did against the Tebow Broncos

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That would be my dream scenario. As the NFL would be a little more boring without having Brady to hate on (although I already have a solid replacement in Allen) and he would start to make a joke out of himself ala Favre.

Not a chance in it happens though. Brady too smart to pull a like this again.
    FIFY

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if the Packers want more than that they can keep him
    The best chance the Packers have at winning the Super Bowl in 2023 is by keeping Rodgers the starting QB, so they do have that leverage, even though they will need to drastically improve at WR and a few other positions for that to happen.

Still, it makes more sense from this standpoint to invest in the future, but you have to get really solid assets if you're going to give up a first ballot hall of fame QB who still has tread on the tires.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The best chance the Packers have at winning the Super Bowl in 2023 is by keeping Rodgers the starting QB, so they do have that leverage, even though they will need to drastically improve at WR and a few other positions for that to happen.

Still, it makes more sense from this standpoint to invest in the future, but you have to get really solid assets if you're going to give up a first ballot hall of fame QB who still has tread on the tires.
    Packers have small town mentality. Compare to how the Eagles have moved off from QBs and Coaches. There are probably only a handful of AFC teams the Pack are even willing to deal him too.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also the "Antivax" thing is a misnomer... libs and QAnon are both good for throwing out babies with bathwater regularly. Some time-worn vaccines like tetanus, meningitis, polio, et al. actually work. Some vaccines like the flu shot do more harm than good, and some vacciness like the mRNA Covid poison made in 2020/2021 by Pfizer/Moderna are objectively in the same life-shortening category as cigarettes, french fries, doughnuts, and a sedentary lifestyle.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Packers have small town mentality. Compare to how the Eagles have moved off from QBs and Coaches. There are probably only a handful of AFC teams the Pack are even willing to deal him too.
    Well the Jets are on the shortlist for sure, but they're not "a QB away"... their whole offense sucks ass.

Almost all of the other teams have an established QB.

Buffalo... check
    Miami...check
    New England... Bill Belichick isn't going to admit defeat like that, so check

Raiders could and should be on the shortlist. They would be the best fit because they have his all time leading receiver still in his prime plus Waller, Renfrow, and a good running game.

Broncos... check. We'll see if RW was the problem or not with Payton
    Chiefs... check
    Chargers... check

ans... possible, but another case where there's literally no receiving talent and all they've got is the run game. Also, would he really go to the ans?
    Texans... trainwreck. He's not going there. Texans will draft one of the mulatto QBs in 2023 and continue to suck.
    Jags... check
    Colts... not impossible, but why would he go there? They're just a worse ans in every way. Who's going to coach the Colts? Also, why would he go there?

Steelers... Tomlin isn't going to ditch the young hometown kid in year 2 for a win-now solution.
    Ravens... god knows, but gut feeling is they'll tag Jackson
    Browns... check
    Bengals... check

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I can see the Raiders throwing him a huge deal

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Poisoned him against Trump . ..
    Really?

Damn I like her now

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Thanks for everything
    What the

Super Bowl 9ers for sure.

I'd love it.

Thread Information