My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Leaked by the wife tbh. Power move

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

In b4 Brady divorces Gisele and plays til he's 50.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    She's a in dumb tbh. Poisoned him against Trump and now this? Brady needs to punt that into oblivion... he has experience punting too...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't get why he wouldn't give it 1 more year. It's not like he was 2015 Peyton Manning out there this past year.

I know part of the reason he might lean towards retirement is that they are going to be losing a lot of pieces particularly on offense. Godwin is gone, the center is probably gone, obviously they don't have AB, Fournette will want a payday, etc.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Finally.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Wow, I thought he wanted to play until he's 50. Don't see why he retired, especially after having another great season.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    He's probably get his $15 M back elsewhere lol

Endorsements for pain killer products and

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Wow, I thought he wanted to play until he's 50. Don't see why he retired, especially after having another great season.
    Most athletes say they would rather retire too early than too late. Mostly because of perception.

If you retire too early, the perception is "He still looked good enough to keep playing!"

If you retire too late, the perception is "He didn't have it anymore...he was just hanging on for another paycheck."

The tricky part is knowing when it's too late. Most athletes would never admit to themselves that it's too late. So credit to Brady for getting ahead of that and retiring before anyone thought it was too late.

My only suggestion would've been to retire last year because it would be more satisfying for your last game to be a Super Bowl win.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

This great Brady tribute song was from 2006. Man time really flies.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He was always retiring, he was just pissed off that ESPN leaked it before he could announce it himself.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    No mention of Pats in the announcement is interesting. That falling out must've been worse than advertised.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    was hoping he'd unretire and join the Niners

Veteran
    Post Count
    Most athletes say they would rather retire too early than too late. Mostly because of perception.

If you retire too early, the perception is "He still looked good enough to keep playing!"

If you retire too late, the perception is "He didn't have it anymore...he was just hanging on for another paycheck."

The tricky part is knowing when it's too late. Most athletes would never admit to themselves that it's too late. So credit to Brady for getting ahead of that and retiring before anyone thought it was too late.

My only suggestion would've been to retire last year because it would be more satisfying for your last game to be a Super Bowl win.
    Looks like I was right. It wasn't his time to retire yet. I only just found out recently that he unretired. What was the initial reason for the retirement, and what made him change his mind? Has he said anything on either account? Do you guys think he'll play beyond one more season?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Welp, Rodgers or bust now.

Isn't there an unwritten code you don't announce your like this in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My Cowboys RETIRED Tom Brady

My Dallas Cowboys retired Tom Brady.

My DALLAS COWBOYS RETIRED Tom Brady.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Isn't there an unwritten code you don't announce your like this in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl?
    Meh, only if you're actually playing in it tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But what do you have to offer Green Bay? Surely they're willing and happy to package Rodgers at this point, an 8-8 season and no playoffs, and a young Love who looked like a stud throwing the football (granted, it was somewhat garbage time in the Philly game) in minimal action this year. But the Niners don't have any 2023 draft capital. Do you really want to be the Rams and trade away your 2024 to 2026 draft picks to the Packers in exchange for 3-4 years (at best) of an aging future HOF QB who has only made one super bowl throughout his career and was injury prone in 2022?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    But what do you have to offer Green Bay? Surely they're willing and happy to package Rodgers at this point, an 8-8 season and no playoffs, and a young Love who looked like a stud throwing the football (granted, it was somewhat garbage time in the Philly game) in minimal action this year. But the Niners don't have any 2023 draft capital. Do you really want to be the Rams and trade away your 2024 to 2026 draft picks to the Packers in exchange for 3-4 years (at best) of an aging future HOF QB who has only made one super bowl throughout his career and was injury prone in 2022?
    If it's where Rodgers wants to go they'll get it done. Can make it a three team trade where the third team gets Lance, Packers get a first round pick, and the Niners get Rodgers.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    What are the betting odds on Brady unretiring again before training camp?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Not sure I’d want Antivax Marino at this stage.

Thread Information