Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't beat Golden State's G-League team. The 100 level seats are empty almost every night. I even heard "Let's go HEAT" chants tonight.

We're about a stone throw away from the worst record in the league. Might as well go hard for the #1 pick at this point, or we might become the Seattle Spurs in 3 years or less.

We need to continue to play Thad and hopes that he can be turned into a 1st. We need to see what we have in Hernangomez. Primo and Devin need 30 minutes a night. We should dangle Lonnie in front of teams to see what we can get for him because I don't see us overpaying for him to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna take an injury to one of the big 3 for that to happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fairly impossible for the Spurs to finish with a top 4 worst record. Fifth is probably the best we can do, and then you just hope the lottery goes our way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team with the very worst record usually doesnt get the #1 pick. we'll likely be in the top 5 either way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team with the very worst record usually doesnt get the #1 pick. we'll likely be in the top 5 either way
    Also wouldn’t be surprised if that fairy Silver made sure we didn’t get the 1st pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fairly impossible for the Spurs to finish with a top 4 worst record. Fifth is probably the best we can do, and then you just hope the lottery goes our way.
    We're not going to out tank the bottom 4 true.

Even with Popped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also wouldn’t be surprised if that fairy Silver made sure we didn’t get the 1st pick

Wouldn't shock me if they don't even get a top 10 pick tbh. Anything to hasten the Spurs' move out of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't shock me if they don't even get a top 10 pick tbh. Anything to hasten the Spurs' move out of San Antonio.
    Good news is there’s only 3 tanking teams in the East this year. That helps. Bc there’s 5 in the west and we are one of them. It’s a battle between us the Pels and the Kings. As long as we don’t draft a white guy with our top pick im ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news is there’s only 3 tanking teams in the East this year. That helps. Bc there’s 5 in the west and we are one of them. It’s a battle between us the Pels and the Kings. As long as we don’t draft a white guy with our top pick im ok

Spurs could finish with the worst record and I wouldn't be shocked if Silver manipulated things to keep the Spurs out of the top 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could finish with the worst record and I wouldn't be shocked if Silver manipulated things to keep the Spurs out of the top 4.
    Is that possible? I agree that Silver hates us tbh. I remember in 2014 when he said nice things about us I was like this lying sack of . My only solace is that Silver is the worst commissioner in sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that possible? I agree that Silver hates us tbh. I remember in 2014 when he said nice things about us I was like this lying sack of . My only solace is that Silver is the worst commissioner in sports

Odds of getting a top 4 pick with the worst record is only 52%. They could conceivably rig it so the worst team lands outside the top 8 and it wouldn't be unbelievable iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which was a choice. We should have been playing Primo, Weiskamp, Ca , Landale, 15-20 min pee night.

We'd be bottom 3. Pop's shenanigans are gonna be just good enough to have us selecting about 3 picks better than last year when we were in a play-in game.

Pop doesn't know how to tank.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds of getting a top 4 pick with the worst record is only 52%. They could conceivably rig it so the worst team lands outside the top 8 and it wouldn't be unbelievable iirc.
    only the top 4 are selected by lottery so the worst team can get no worse then the 5th pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is Popovich the overrated is actually trying to win these games to get his record and every game exposes him for the fraud he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst team only has a 40% chance of getting a top 3 pick. Not the No. 1 pick, just a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no clear top pick in this draft so who fking cares. Optimize your chances at a top 5 pick and go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings def arne't tanking tho. They may make a trade to try to make the playoffs. Pels aren't really tanking either tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings def arne't tanking tho. They may make a trade to try to make the playoffs. Pels aren't really tanking either tbh.
    They are really badly run and have ty coaching/players. They may not be purposefully tanking but by proxy of how ty a franchise these 2 teams are, make no mistake,
    they are tanking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, yeah, I think once the team got about 20 or so games in, it became a long shot to make a playoff run. Only the play-in and the fact that teams like SAC can't seem to win even when they're trying to desperately is giving the Spurs any chance. They shouldn't make any move with the idea of winning games this season.

That said, I think people might have some misconceptions about the draft. The higher up you go, the more likely you are to get jumped, just like the lower down you go, the less likely you are to jump teams. Yes, the lotto chances of the top-three teams are equal in terms of getting a top-four pick, but the worst team is guaranteed a top-five pick whereas the second-worst team has a 20 percent chance of missing a top-five pick, the third-worst team has a .333 chance. Once you get out of that top-three, the fall-off is fast. If SA gets the fifth lottery slot, the odds of getting a top-five pick are only 44 percent. The sixth-slot only has a 37-percent chance of getting a top-four pick (they can't get the fifth pick at all).

The Spurs need to get into the top-three picks to give themselves strong odds of getting a top-five pick and having a great chance at the best players. I still wouldn't be against a Collins or Sabonis trade if the price were right, but the team shouldn't be looking for any win-now help. They've seemingly used up all their lottery luck on Tim and David and need the odds on their side this time around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering we're equal in the loss column with Okc for 4th pick, saying we're "fairly impossible" to get it is a bit strong, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which was a choice. We should have been playing Primo, Weiskamp, Ca , Landale, 15-20 min pee night.

We'd be bottom 3. Pop's shenanigans are gonna be just good enough to have us selecting about 3 picks better than last year when we were in a play-in game.

I am not sure why they should play over White/Murray/Johnson/Poeltl/Walker. Maybe Mcdermott is our only vet we probably shouldn't play if tanking is what we want to achieve. But he isn't exactly making the team better. He doesn't raise the ceiling of the team. And besides, our young players need to learn to play with a player like Mcdermott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We were not in the play-in last year. This year was about White, Walker, Keldon, Vassell and Jak. Most Spurs fans think that is a future championship core but it just isn’t; atleast we know what we have and can make informed decisions going forward.
    Last edited by KingKev; 02-04-2022 at 12:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were not in the play-in last year. This year was about White, Walker, Keldon, Vassell and Jak. Most Spurs fans think that is a future championship core but it just isn’t; atleast we know what we have and can make informed decisions going forward.
    You keep saying this but who are those Spurs fans because they aren't here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop is still the coach, our #1 draft pick will be ruined like he's ruined the last 5 #1 draft picks,,,,,he even ran off Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying this but who are those Spurs fans because they aren't here.
    lol they were in full force thru early Jan, especially after any win. There is a reason some aren’t here now. Some of them are chit chatting in the newly created tank thread. A 3 game win streak and they will be right back.

Thread Information