Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron has always been a Murray supporter, but Jesus Christ stop making everything about yourself
    LeChina couldn’t even make Kobe’s death not about himself. Grade A Narcissist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron has always been a Murray supporter, but Jesus Christ stop making everything about yourself
    It's a good thing that Lebron is doing this. Say what you want about him, but he's probably the most influential athlete in the nation. So much of the modern NBA is about networking, and if the Spurs are ever going to be a contender in the next seven or so years, Murray recruiting stars to join him is going to be one of the most likely paths. The more you see Lebron and other players boosting him, the more possible it is that someone like Ayton or Lavine or any of the other young future FAs looks at the Spurs and thinks it's a viable location.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an FYI he has already been keeping great company for years. Running in summer mini camps with elite players, attending charity games etc.

Remember when you said he couldn’t be a leader because he got heated with Pop LOL
    Ya how many of those have come here because of that?

Its still San antonio, been there a few times for some rest and rec but could not live there unless im ready for retirement. Lol . Your best bet in getting players is winning and wanting to come back to rheir home state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good thing that Lebron is doing this. Say what you want about him, but he's probably the most influential athlete in the nation. So much of the modern NBA is about networking, and if the Spurs are ever going to be a contender in the next seven or so years, Murray recruiting stars to join him is going to be one of the most likely paths. The more you see Lebron and other players boosting him, the more possible it is that someone like Ayton or Lavine or any of the other young future FAs looks at the Spurs and thinks it's a viable location.
    I agree with all this. I also like that guys like Draymond and KD were praising Keldon a lot during the Olympics. It can only help with their confidence. I just think Lebron can be very corny and try hard. Like when Brady retired “a part of me is gone.” Like really bro, he acts like the guy died or something lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now get our star a reliable sidekick guard/wing who can reliably score 20+ points a game and a forward/ big you can dump the ball down low to when the the game slows down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like LeSoft would influence people to play in SanAnton. The only influence he’ll do is get them play with him with Bronny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, think it's way more likely he's swayed to leave the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like LeSoft would influence people to play in SanAnton. The only influence he’ll do is get them play with him with Bronny.
    The question is if a player can believe him, Murray and some third player to be named later can form a super team. I don't know if DeJounte is good enough to be a top-three player on a legit contender (and know even less if Murray and any likely free agents can be two of the top three players on a contender) but players running that calculation are probably more willing to believe so now than they were before today. SA has plenty of cap room (or can make plenty to be more exact) and tradeable assets. They can now say they have an young All-Star who's held in high regard by the players in general. Their case this summer just got so much stronger, if they choose to go that path.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, think it's way more likely he's swayed to leave the Spurs.
    He was more likely to do that anyway. But SA has a better long-term position than most teams. Even if the ultimate fate will be for him to leave, I don't get why having players on other teams hyping him up wouldn't help PATFO's negotiating positions. Murray is firmly in the Sabonis/Ingram/Brown tier of players rather than the Collins/Turner/OG tier

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it’s such a shame that this 2022 crop of free agents is so lousy. You can see a world otherwise where they make an impact trade now, draft well, and max out a FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya how many of those have come here because of that?

Its still San antonio, been there a few times for some rest and rec but could not live there unless im ready for retirement. Lol . Your best bet in getting players is winning and wanting to come back to rheir home state.
    I live in Vancouver/Toronto. San Antonio is absolutely a C level city for some but smart ppl make sacrifices for their careers. Having DJ here helps at the margin for a team that needs every bit of help they can to recruit players on the move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude legit makes everything about himself. Next level narcissist. I get it to some degree, given who he is and how famous he’s been since he was in high school, but damn he’s on another level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds could be favorable if James wants to join a team with both Murray and his buddy popvich. Would sell some tickets in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now get our star a reliable sidekick guard/wing who can reliably score 20+ points a game and a forward/ big you can dump the ball down low to when the the game slows down.
    Sabonis and Ivey sound good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds could be favorable if James wants to join a team with both Murray and his buddy popvich. Would sell some tickets in San Antonio
    Way better chance of DJ signing with the lakers in 2 years than that happening tbh.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job IB

typical spurfan getting all pissey because someone on another team has good things to say about a spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boom key to success. Add a rim runner and a versatile perimeter defender and we are back in business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn! Congrats to Dejounte!!!!!

It is almost surreal to have this news. Very happy for DJ. He's earned everything.
    He will be a fun guy to watch in the ASG.

Wonder if this moves the needle for the Spurs as the trade deadline approaches?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job IB

typical spurfan getting all pissey because someone on another team has good things to say about a spur
    I was cool when Draymond praised our players and loved all the guys hyping up Keldon during the Olympics. But ok bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not what he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it’s such a shame that this 2022 crop of free agents is so lousy. You can see a world otherwise where they make an impact trade now, draft well, and max out a FA.
    The impact trade would kill our chance at a top pick. Almost every trade available now would be available this summer, after we pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like others have said, this season is not bad at all. Never would I have thought coming into this season the Spurs would be represented in the All Star game in 2022. Also Bryn leaving was a huge win. Collins coming back, Primo looking like he will be with the team for the rest of the season and landing a top 7 pick.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was cool when Draymond praised our players and loved all the guys hyping up Keldon during the Olympics. But ok bro.
    do you want a cookie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People forget this kid came back from an ACL injury. This dude has put in the work, it's clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like others have said, this season is not bad at all. Never would I have thought coming into this season the Spurs would be represented in the All Star game in 2022. Also Bryn leaving was a huge win. Collins coming back, Primo looking like he will be with the team for the rest of the season and landing a top 7 pick.
    Primo’s already back with Austin, and on the road for at least two games.

Thread Information