Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we flip White, we need a better solution than a 30 YO journeyman.
    Tank for Jaden Ivey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Guard!??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SRP is the complicated one from 2027. Basically throw the 2027 SRPs from OKC, INDY, MIA,HOU into a bag. We get the worst one, and OKC gets the other three. It’s real pick, probably not great, but it will convey.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we flip White, we need a better solution than a 30 YO journeyman.
    It would only be for the rest of this (lost) season anyway, Satoransky's contract is expiring.

If the Spurs somehow trade White and not Satoransky, I wouldn't expect Satoransky to get White's minutes anyway. They would probably go imo mostly to Walker and Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...still think a White trade could be coming...but again, its the Spurs...hopes not up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow long time no see. How you been Rev? Gotta say I'm thrilled to get two seconds out of Forbes.
    Doing well...it's been a long time, that's for sure...but do still follow the Spurs...last few years been tough...quite honestly enjoyed more watching my daughter play college volleyball...but I've been around lurking more so. Agree, two 2nd's for Forbes is nice...would like to see those assets flipped for something more impactful if possible. Hope you've been well!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if Bryn Forbes is worth 2 SRPs then Poeltl is def worth 2 FRPs. Brian Wright is looking better and better. Now we just have to draft well and get rid of Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this about getting a pick, or getting a Czech player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad, Tomas, and White for Beal works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured the forbes signing was a trade bait signing. I was happy with getting a free second. Wright got two free seconds for basically nothing by just signing and holding on to Forbes until the right time. Primo pick looks good and the collins signing looks like it has good potential.

Like him or not, Wright has been making some great decisions this year.

Now hopefully that Thad deal gets done. Maybe package Tomas/white and Thad for another collins.

Or Thad for another second and jalen. Get something for him please.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they have some mediocre offers for Thad, but don't want to pull the trigger until the deadline just in case somene panic offers a first rounder.
    Second+Jalen is most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they have some mediocre offers for Thad, but don't want to pull the trigger until the deadline just in case somene panic offers a first rounder.
    Second+Jalen is most likely.
    I'm hoping that's the case as well. People shouldn't sleep on the 2nds worth. With the spurs and their lineage of overseas connections,tl they could definitely get a kid to commit to the draft early with a promise if they think they'll develop long term before their price rises.

Just the same, trades are completed with those filler picks.

Second rounders are more useful than they used to be.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thad, Tomas, and White for Beal works
    crofl. why not just trade them for Durant? Or Giannis? Maybe Embiid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal is out for the season at least. If he wanted to sign with SA, the Spurs could get him for nothing. It could make sense for both sides to do a deal. Washington get something and SA maintains their MLE and tanks harder for a high pick.

Of course, I don't think either Beal or SA wants to be together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc none of those guys want out like Beal does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There have been no indications Beal wants out though. And again, a number of teams could beat that offer. Spurs aren't turning their scraps into an all star level player we aren't the Lakers tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal is out for the season at least. If he wanted to sign with SA, the Spurs could get him for nothing. It could make sense for both sides to do a deal. Washington get something and SA maintains their MLE and tanks harder for a high pick.

Of course, I don't think either Beal or SA wants to be together.
    Agreed. It would seem San Antonio will try to acquire major pieces who are now between 17-25 years old. The 17 and 18 year olds are the '22 and '23 lottery picks. Basically, a timeline between forthcoming lottery picks and DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Financial. I’ll be there could be some cash coming, too.

Utah trying to wiggle further towards the tax line.

BTW, we’ve now obtained two SRPs for Bryn Forbes.
    Overwhelming odds are that neither one of those picks is in the NBA 3 yrs after being drafted. Not sure why peeps seem so pleased we're stocking up on SRPs. OKC tanked and they have like 10 FRPs.

This is not a positive haul, even for Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overwhelming odds are that neither one of those picks is in the NBA 3 yrs after being drafted. Not sure why peeps seem so pleased we're stocking up on SRPs. OKC tanked and they have like 10 FRPs.

This is not a positive haul, even for Bryn.
    we both know even a couple of 2rp's for bryn is kool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured the forbes signing was a trade bait signing. I was happy with getting a free second. Wright got two free seconds for basically nothing by just signing and holding on to Forbes until the right time. Primo pick looks good and the collins signing looks like it has good potential.

Like him or not, Wright has been making some great decisions this year.

Now hopefully that Thad deal gets done. Maybe package Tomas/white and Thad for another collins.

Is it great tho, if those picks turn into nothing whatsoever positive on the court? So Bryn netted two SRPs? Time will tell what players come from it, but history says we'll get nothing from it. And perhaps if Luka shakes out we signed Bryn at the expense of Luka's spot for 2 SRPs.

EITHER way, it's most likely a nothingburger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it great tho, if those picks turn into nothing whatsoever positive on the court? So Bryn netted two SRPs? Time will tell what players come from it, but history says we'll get nothing from it. And perhaps if Luka shakes out we signed Bryn at the expense of Luka's spot for 2 SRPs.

EITHER way, it's most likely a nothingburger.
    Not an unreasonable take, but the picks are mostly ballast in my view. It’s what allows you to dump a Boris Diaw and Tiago when the time is right. Or, as we see with all these crazy conditions in them, they can be upgraded via “best of” swaps that end up leading to things like spurs having the DET pick this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an unreasonable take, but the picks are mostly ballast in my view. It’s what allows you to dump a Boris Diaw and Tiago when the time is right. Or, as we see with all these crazy conditions in them, they can be upgraded via “best of” swaps that end up leading to things like spurs having the DET pick this year.
    Valid point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd rounders are valuable, especially to a team that scouts well like SA.

The reigning MVP was a second rounder. Draymond was a 2nd rounder. Van Vleet is an allstar this year and was undrafted. Khris Middleton was the 39th pick and just won a ring as the 2nd banana. Montrez Harrell is another solid 2nd rounder. Then there's older examples like Gasol, I. Thomas, Lou Williams, etc. point is, plenty of talent to be had in the 2nd round. stocking up on 2nd rounders while not really giving up anything is a solid strategy imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly right. They’re a currency. By the time they roll around, WE may need to offload some salary. That’s why I like getting picks in the future, but not trading away future picks. Only the pick from today looks to be nothing special. You never know what they’ll become. I’m sure Utah’s fan base said the same thing when they got our 2022 SRP in the Diaw salary dump in 2016.

Thread Information