Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rdan-team-list

lefty, get your Nostradamus mind in here prophesize some more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Funny thing is OP loves to label the Lakers "toxic" and while there may be some validity to that argument, i wonder if he shares the same opinion about his spurs.

Since there's several players who've had career seasons after leaving the spurs Derozan being one of them.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    burr burr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rdan-team-list

lefty, get your Nostradamus mind in here prophesize some more.
    What can I say?
    They didn’t listen

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This crap again

Demar does not come up in the clutch like Jordan did.

Does not play defense like Jordan did.

His 27 ppg high this yr isn't touching Jordan's average, and keep in mind everyone averages 20 ppg in this inflated stats era.

But give him credit for having an outstanding season. The Bulls were 31-41 last year w/o him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is OP loves to label the Lakers "toxic" and while there may be some validity to that argument, i wonder if he shares the same opinion about his spurs.

Since there's several players who've had career seasons after leaving the spurs Derozan being one of them.
    Who had career years when leaving the Spurs?

Despite winning the ship in Toronto, Kawhi's best season came with the Spurs, the yea4 he should have won MVP but they gifted it to Westbrook.

Aldridge and Parker had their worst seasons right after leaving the Spurs.

And I can't think of another player.

DeMar owns a great deal of what he's doing now to the efficiency and playmaking he learned in San Antonio, tbh. Anyways, this is all fools' gold. As soon as the PO starts, all the crippling deficiencies in DeRozan's game will shine through.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who had career years when leaving the Spurs?

Despite winning the ship in Toronto, Kawhi's best season came with the Spurs, the yea4 he should have won MVP but they gifted it to Westbrook.

Aldridge and Parker had their worst seasons right after leaving the Spurs.

And I can't think of another player.

DeMar owns a great deal of what he's doing now to the efficiency and playmaking he learned in San Antonio, tbh. Anyways, this is all fools' gold. As soon as the PO starts, all the crippling deficiencies in DeRozan's game will shine through.
    Kiwi
    Derozan
    Mills
    Kyle Anderson
    Bertans

All had career years after they left Fat Antonio. The only reason Parker and Aldridge got worse, was because they were washed by the time they left the spurs.

Sorry, but you're just gonna have to come to grips with the fact that Fat Antonio is a toxic organization. Senile Poop's style of coaching is stopping players from living up to their full potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi
    Derozan
    Mills
    Kyle Anderson
    Bertans

All had career years after they left Fat Antonio. The only reason Parker and Aldridge got worse, was because they were washed by the time they left the spurs.

Sorry, but you're just gonna have to come to grips with the fact that Fat Antonio is a toxic organization. Senile Poop's style of coaching is stopping players from living up to their full potential.
    Kawhi didn't have a career year. I already adressed that.

Mills could be, but he was always good here.

Anderson is the same player he was here.

The only one I can concede is Bertans. Pop just didn't play him enough for some reason.

Regarding the other troll argument, nobody cares. We have just made an all-star of yet another late pick. The Spurs, the all-star making machine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn't have a career year. I already adressed that.

You can say whatever you want but Kiwi had better numbers across the board with the Raptors on his way a ring and FMVP.

Mills could be, but he was always good here.

Anderson is the same player he was here.

The only one I can concede is Bertans. Pop just didn't play him enough for some reason.

Regarding the other troll argument, nobody cares. We have just made an all-star of yet another late pick. The Spurs, the all-star making machine.
    You're wrong, FAP. Check the numbers. Every single player I mentioned had better numbers across the board the season immediately after their departure from Fat Antonio. No ifs or buts about it.

Poop is holding players hostage with his antiquated coaching style. Which is why your all star late pick will eventually want out just like Kiwi. Sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wrong, FAP. Check the numbers. Every single player I mentioned had better numbers across the board the season immediately after their departure from Fat Antonio. No ifs or buts about it.

Poop is holding players hostage with his antiquated coaching style. Which is why your all star late pick will eventually want out just like Kiwi. Sorry.
    Kawhi '17: PER: 27.6 - BPM: 9.4 - VORP: 7.1

Kawhi '19: PER: 25.8 - BPM: - 7.2 VORP: 4.7

https://www.basketball-reference.com...leonaka01.html

I rest my case.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi '17: PER: 27.6 - BPM: 9.4 - VORP: 7.1

Kawhi '19: PER: 25.8 - BPM: - 7.2 VORP: 4.7

https://www.basketball-reference.com...leonaka01.html

I rest my case.
    Kiwi in 2019 was a champion and the clear cut FMVP of the Raptors.

Again, every other player i posted had better production post-Fat Antonio. Whether you concede it or not.

You're wrong, FAP. It happens.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 02-14-2022 at 07:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi in 2019 was a champion and the clear cut FMVP of the Raptors.

Again, every other player i posted had better production post-Fat Antonio. Whether you concede it or not.

You're wrong, FAP. It happens.
    The team around him was better (or had more luck), Kawhi wasn't. That's why he rang. Teams win championships, not individuals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This crap again

His 27 ppg high this yr isn't touching Jordan's average, and keep in mind everyone averages 20 ppg in this inflated stats era.

But give him credit for having an outstanding season. The Bulls were 31-41 last year w/o him.
    Jordan never came in thr clutch either, until Stern changed the rules for him of course, not to mention he played in the no zone era against shooting guards who wouldn’t make a G league roster today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Kawhi wasn't even playing in San Antonio, it's a moot point.

For others, it's common for players to get more playing time when they are traded from a system like they have in SA, simply because they are seen as proven performers. How did Simmons do? How about Gary Neal and Blair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi
    Derozan
    Mills
    Kyle Anderson
    Bertans

Oh yeah, Mills increasing his scoring by 2 ppg cons utes a "career year"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol derozan not fitting with the spurs was known after a year. He is putting up skillet production in Toronto vs the spurs. In fact when derozan was on the spurs he rebounded and passed much better.

Who else got better? Patty Mills? Bertans (who just crashed back down to earth this year)? Blair? Parker? Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dumbass can't read.

Pre vs. Post numbers in PP36/AP36/RP36
    Kiwi (used 2017 numbers as nephew only played 9 games in 2018 - 27.5/3.8/6.3 vs. 28.2/3.5/7.7
    Derozan - 23/7.4/4.5 vs. 28.3/5.2/5.3
    Mills - 15.7/3.5/2.5 vs. 15.4/3.0/2.6
    Kyle Anderson - 10.6/3.7/7.2 vs. 9.7/3.6/7.1
    Bertans - 13.4/2.2/5.8 vs. 19.0/2.1/5.6

This compared to Lakers players:
    D'Angelo Russell - 19.6/6.0/4.4 vs. 21.7/7.3/5.5
    Randle - 21.7/3.5/10.8 vs. 25.2/3.7/10.2 (hey, can't blame him as there are so much fewer bricks without Kobe)
    Clarkson (Has to do 17 vs. 19 seasons as he was traded mid season in 2018) - 18.1/3.2/3.7 vs. 22.2/3.2/4.4
    Nance Jr. (Has to do 17 vs. 19 seasons as he was traded mid season in 2018) - 11.2/2.4/9.2 vs. 12.6/4.3/11.1
    Ingram - 18.3/3.0/5.1 vs. 23.8/4.2/6.1
    Zubac (Has to do 18 vs. 20 seasons as he was traded mid season in 2019) - 14.1/2.2/10.8 vs. 16.2/2.2/14.7

Is it just the youngins? No! even an old fart like Luol Deng did better away from that nuclear waste dump:
    Deng (Had to skip 2018 as he only played 1 game) - 10.3/1.8/7.1 vs. 14.4/1.7/6.7

thinking more minutes = better player
    not even true for Derozan even if minutes weren't taken into consideration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...dih8kl1bgsnga9

DeMar DeChamberlain now. Not sure if DeJordan is this good or if todays nba is this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...dih8kl1bgsnga9

DeMar DeChamberlain now. Not sure if DeJordan is this good or if todays nba is this .
    Jordan wouldn’t have survived today tbh
    Wilt would be lucky to be allowed in a YMCA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This crap again

This season he has found his CLUTCH gene. Raptors and Spurs fans are frustrated that he couldn't find it with them, but the Bulls fans are happy as .

Watching him play this year, I am wondering were this version was the last few years. He was good in SA, but he has been great in Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, Mills increasing his scoring by 2 ppg cons utes a "career year"

And Patty's scoring per 36 minutes this year is actually below his career average. He's only playing more overall minutes than expected because Kyrie can't play home games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take it easy on Bynumite guys they are a Laker fan

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This season he has found his CLUTCH gene. Raptors and Spurs fans are frustrated that he couldn't find it with them, but the Bulls fans are happy as .

Watching him play this year, I am wondering were this version was the last few years. He was good in SA, but he has been great in Chicago.
    It's true, this year he has had several clutch moments. But the real test is the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true, this year he has had several clutch moments. But the real test is the postseason.
    very true statement.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Thread Information