Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, White, Keldon, and Poetl are good players. Not to mention second year Vassell.
    Murray wouldn't be an all-star this year with Derozan still here. Yeah,we lost DDR... but we traded him for this year's Raptor's FRP, Lakers' SRP, '25 Bulls FRP & SRP... and allowed Murray and other guards to grow... AND contributed to our own top draft pick this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had good three point shooter and the Spurs let them walk out the door or get next to nothing in return.

Patty Mills (walked out the door)

Bryn Forbes (a 2026 2nd round draft pick and a guys that they never intended to play and cut shortly after the trade)

Both good three point shooters.

The Spurs are in a rebuilding mode because they choose to go this route.

Having De Rozon, Mills, and Forbes on the team would not stunt the development of the players that are losing games for us now. Pop would have had time to work with them to develop them as we remained compe ive rather than throwing these young guys into the fire when they are not ready as their record in the standings shows that they are not.
    We had them on the team for several years and made the lottery... We are better off without him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray wouldn't be an all-star this year with Derozan still here. Yeah,we lost DDR... but we traded him for this year's Raptor's FRP, Lakers' SRP, '25 Bulls FRP & SRP... and allowed Murray and other guards to grow... AND contributed to our own top draft pick this year.
    Exactly... We might end up in the same exact position we were in when we did have him, except now we have a brighter future, and an all star... He couldn't even make the all star team last year... Murray has made his teammates significantly better than DDR made them all the years he was here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already had 3 seasons of demar leading us nowhere. The Bulls have much better personnel around him. DJ would not have taken the same step with demar isoing the entire time.

Yall have such short memories regular season demar was never a problem. Just wait until the playoffs when he's melting down over officiating and shooting 35%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has been thriving ever since he left the Spurs for the Bulls.

White has been thriving ever since he left the Spurs for the Celtics.

It's almost as if our best players perform better when placed in a different environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's almost as if our best players perform better when placed in a different environment.
    The Bulls would have been a great team even without DDR... have u seen their roster? Any competent wing would thrive on that team... And White is just as inconsistent on the Celtics as he was here... Last game he was 3/10 in a loss to the trash ass Pistons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it's almost as if players tend to play better when surrounded by better players (Bulls) or are put into situations where they have two elite wings to pass to (Celtics) and dont need to focus on scoring. who would have thought?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White hasn't been thriving on the Celtics, tbh. I know they've been winning but his numbers have been significantly worse , albeit on a small sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

And if it’s any consolation, the Bulls aren’t going to win a Championship with DeMar. And neither were we.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar is shooting more 3's with the Bulls, it just shows you what a selfish punk-ass he was while he was here. The coaching staff pleaded with him to shoot more 3's to help the team and he didn't want to. He said he could, mind you, but chose not to. F that dude. I got tired of his ass playing crappy defense, dominating the ball and making terrible decisions on the court. Shooting 2's when they needed 3's, not passing in the final moments of the game, turning the ball over in big situations, etc. Demar was all about Demar in terms of basketball. Off the court he seems like a nice enough guy, but who cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls would have been a great team even without DDR... have u seen their roster? Any competent wing would thrive on that team... And White is just as inconsistent on the Celtics as he was here... Last game he was 3/10 in a loss to the trash ass Pistons
    White hasn't been thriving on the Celtics, tbh. I know they've been winning but his numbers have been significantly worse , albeit on a small sample size.
    Costing me a 6 team parlay.
    With the Celtics on Moneyline no less.
    Only needed to win the damn game.

White not impressive. At all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great post, to all those asking “where was this DD when he was with the Spurs?”, has Pop’s system ever been so centered around 1 player that they would get enough volume to average 35 pts a game 10 games in a row? DJM is exactly the type of player that can be one of the main pieces in SA. He changes the game in every facet while also putting up 20+ pts a game. Timmy and Kawhi were the same way. Take away DD’s points and how else is he changing a game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had good three point shooter and the Spurs let them walk out the door or get next to nothing in return.

Bryn Forbes (a 2026 2nd round draft pick and a guys that they never intended to play and cut shortly after the trade)

Having De Rozon, Mills, and Forbes on the team would not stunt the development of the players that are losing games for us now. Pop would have had time to work with them to develop them as we remained compe ive rather than throwing these young guys into the fire when they are not ready as their record in the standings shows that they are not.

so your starting line up would be Gay/DeRozan/Keldon/Forbes/Mills

I'm sure that gets you to the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great post, to all those asking “where was this DD when he was with the Spurs?”, has Pop’s system ever been so centered around 1 player that they would get enough volume to average 35 pts a game 10 games in a row? DJM is exactly the type of player that can be one of the main pieces in SA. He changes the game in every facet while also putting up 20+ pts a game. Timmy and Kawhi were the same way. Take away DD’s points and how else is he changing a game?
    he actually had a Jordan level efficiency stretch when Aldridge started shooting 3s, but everybody here forgot about it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar thriving with the Bulls? Oh no. He was just as good here as he is in Chicago. The difference is he has talent around him in Chicago and in SA he had LMA with a heart problem and out of shape and he had a bunch of young players that were not that good and no three point shooting. He got a rep in Toronto that people labeled him here for as well, but he was a high quality player here and fun to watch. At times, he was the only watchable Spur. I'm glad he's getting his due in Chicago.

He is a great player. Not a superstar capable of carrying a team of 20 year olds to the playoffs. But good enough that if you surround him with talent, he can make deep runs in the playoffs if Lebron is not in his way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, in bringing him in to the Spurs in the first place..

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People really have short memories. Good riddance to Demar. What the Spurs needed this year was a bunch of playing time for their young guys and a bad record to get a high lottery pick. Both goals look to be right on track.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is regular season fools gold. You can't build around him and be serious about contending.

Also, Murray wouldn't be the player he is now with DeRozan around. Moving away from him was the right move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you know when you think about it, we should've traded everyone except Demar for the current Chicago roster instead

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so your starting line up would be Gay/DeRozan/Keldon/Forbes/Mills

I'm sure that gets you to the playoffs

A better starting lineup would be

Dejante Murry = PG
    Demar DeRozon - SG
    Jakob Poetle = C
    Keldon Johnson = PF
    Zach Collins = SF

Off the bench (Small ball with the players that we woulds have)
    Patty Mills
    Josh Primo
    Thadeus Young (or Goran Dragic if the trade had happened)
    Doug McDermont
    Devin Vassel

Mistakes
    This does not include Derrick White who was also traded. (15 point a game scorer) We got John Richardson averaging 12 points a game. Romero Langford averaging 3.6 points a game.
    So we got two guy that average the same as Derrick White was. Basically losing a roster spot.
    Lonnie Walker - Streaky at best - Maybe he should had been in that trade instead.

Bryn Forbes trade
    Thadeus Young / Demar DeRozon Trade - Gave up a 24 point per game scorer for a player you never used.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better starting lineup would be

Dejante Murry = PG
    Demar DeRozon - SG
    Jakob Poetle = C
    Keldon Johnson = PF
    Zach Collins = SF

Off the bench (Small ball with the players that we woulds have)
    Patty Mills
    Josh Primo
    Thadeus Young (or Goran Dragic if the trade had happened)
    Doug McDermont
    Devin Vassel

Mistakes
    This does not include Derrick White who was also traded. (15 point a game scorer) We got John Richardson averaging 12 points a game. Romero Langford averaging 3.6 points a game.
    So we got two guy that average the same as Derrick White was. Basically losing a roster spot.
    Lonnie Walker - Streaky at best - Maybe he should had been in that trade instead.

Bryn Forbes trade
    Thadeus Young / Demar DeRozon Trade - Gave up a 24 point per game scorer for a player you never used.
    Zach Collins isn’t a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills, Forbes, and yes, DeRozan were all poor defenders. Compe ive? We haven’t been compe ive since Kawhi ed out. We missed the playoffs the last two seasons with DeRozan and Mills, and the first of those with your three saviors two seasons ago. If you’re going to lose, play and develop the youngsters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Collins at SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He need to go. He was a choke fest here. We are still choking those year, but as a team, not cause of a one man black hole. Maybe, we will get it out of our system and find a couple of players who can close out a 4th Q.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ this thread.

Thread Information