Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls down 30 at halftime to the Hornets at home when all their starters are playing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re the worst defensive playoff team and it’s not close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls down 30 at halftime to the Hornets at home when all their starters are playing .
    Looking forward to the future draft picks from that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So glad Derozan never came back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mistake we made was getting him and not Siakam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mistake we made was getting him and not Siakam.
    You act as though there was a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act as though there was a choice.
    In retrospect? I think so. I think Morey showed teams how to deal with divas, whether you like Harden or not. He’s the caliber player Morey wanted in return for his disgruntled diva who was not cooperating. He stuck with it and got his guy. I think Masai would’ve give in more getting a rare chance of a top 3 player. Would’ve, could’ve. Spurs unfortunately don’t play hardball, imo, always doing the “noble thing” for the players. But to answer your question. I think yes Spurs had a choice.
    Last edited by John B; 04-09-2022 at 01:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect? I think so. I think Morey showed teams how to deal with divas, whether you like Harden or not. He’s the caliber player Morey wanted in return for his disgruntled diva who was not cooperating. He stuck with it and got his guy. I think Masai would’ve give in more getting a rare chance of a top 3 player. Would’ve, could’ve. Spurs unfortunately don’t play hardball, imo, always doing the “noble thing” for the players. But to answer your question. I think yes Spurs had a choice.
    Morey got a fat malcontent who’s game is falling off a cliff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey got a fat malcontent who’s game is falling off a cliff.
    I can't wait for Harden to stink it up in the playoffs agin, Philly is going to fail, and then Doc is going to get fired because he couldn't carry them to the Finals.

Then Harden will probably demand another trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually starting to look like Philly got fleeced in that deal. Harden has played like garbage down the stretch and his first step just isnt there anymore, he isnt going to be 2019 Harden ever again. They gave up Simmons, picks, an elite shooter in Curry and a good backup to Embiid for fat/declining Harden who is going to get a 240M max extension this summer

Should have just taken CJ/Norm or whatever from Portland. McCollum has been a beast for the Pelicans and is exactly the kind of player Embiid needs next to him, not a dude whose only move is dribbling the air of the ball and going into a stepback 3 or flailing around for fouls. Philly is going to regret that trade big time very soon, just wait imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect? I think so. I think Morey showed teams how to deal with divas, whether you like Harden or not. He’s the caliber player Morey wanted in return for his disgruntled diva not cooperating. I think Masai would’ve give in more getting a rare chance of a top 3 player. Would’ve, could’ve. Spurs don’t play hardball, imo, always doing the “noble thing” for the players. But to answer your question. I think yes Spurs had a choice.
    Morey showed teams it’s possible to trade one disgruntled player for another disgruntled player. What other player of Kawhi’s caliber was disgruntled at the time? None. Morey just got lucky because that king’s ransom he wanted for Simmons was rejected by all. Now you’re right though the Spurs didn’t play hardball and I was upset about that but there was never going to be a trade that was fair. We have hindsight though and all the people complaining at the time saying we got taken to the cleaners? Look at KJ’s ascension. No Kawhi knob slobber at the time wanted to even consider he would be playing at this level. He could very well become an All Star.

Then there’s this years Toronto pick which is basically a product of the Kawhi deal. Who knows maybe the Spurs land another KJ type diamond in the rough. Maybe they whiff again on a Samanic type. We’ll see. What about the Bulls 1st in 2025? Another product of DeRozan Kawhi deal. It’s all hypothetical and I know you’re not arguing this point but as time goes on the Kawhi trade looks better and better no one can deny this. Only Kawhidiot sycophants.

The point is that the Spurs have found draft talent on Kawhi’s level before and it’s realistic to expect them to at least find one more player. Even Kawhi himself was developed over time. This is something the Spurs have done before so to act like a player similar to Kawhi’s level can’t be found in the draft and developed over 5 years again is really giving him way too much credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other thing people tend to forget in the Kawhi discussion is that he was coming off a season where he only played 9 games and no one knew wtf was wrong with him. Had everyone known he could play they would have offered more. but him hamming it up for a season and the question marks surrounding his health coupled with The Group making it known he only wanted to be in LA killed his trade value. Simmons never said he wouldnt play anywhere, he basically said he'd play in 29 other cities besides Philly. Not the same situation at all

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Harden to stink it up in the playoffs agin, Philly is going to fail, and then Doc is going to get fired because he couldn't carry them to the Finals.

Then Harden will probably demand another trade.
    Ha ha. I have to update my sig pic tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey showed teams it’s possible to trade one disgruntled player for another disgruntled player. What other player of Kawhi’s caliber was disgruntled at the time? None. Morey just got lucky because that king’s ransom he wanted for Simmons was rejected by all. Now you’re right though the Spurs didn’t play hardball and I was upset about that but there was never going to be a trade that was fair. We have hindsight though and all the people complaining at the time saying we got taken to the cleaners? Look at KJ’s ascension. No Kawhi knob slobber at the time wanted to even consider he would be playing at this level. He could very well become an All Star.

Then there’s this years Toronto pick which is basically a product of the Kawhi deal. Who knows maybe the Spurs land another KJ type diamond in the rough. Maybe they whiff again on a Samanic type. We’ll see. What about the Bulls 1st in 2025? Another product of DeRozan Kawhi deal. It’s all hypothetical and I know you’re not arguing this point but as time goes on the Kawhi trade looks better and better no one can deny this. Only Kawhidiot sycophants.

The point is that the Spurs have found draft talent on Kawhi’s level before and it’s realistic to expect them to at least find one more player. Even Kawhi himself was developed over time. This is something the Spurs have done before so to act like a player similar to Kawhi’s level can’t be found in the draft and developed over 5 years again is really giving him way too much credit.
    Nope I’m not arguing about the result. And I agree that we are seeing more good assets and picks coming out from that trade. My point was, did the Spurs have a choice? Yes! As Morey has shown, teams can play hardballs with these divas. Which is what I wish Spurs would do in the future, hopefully not finding themselves in the same position though.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other player of Kawhi’s caliber was disgruntled at the time? None.
    At the time, I wanted Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was, did the Spurs have a choice? Yes! As Morey has shown, teams can play hardballs with these divas. Which is what I wish Spurs would do in the future, hopefully not finding themselves in the same position though.
    The one BIG difference is that the Sixers had Simmons tied for FOUR MORE YEARS, while Kawhi was ONE YEAR REMOVED FROM FREE AGENCY. That makes all the difference in the world.
    Oh... and I don't like the Kawhi - DeRozan trade either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5/23 so far tonight and shooting his team out of a very winnable game on the road

Demar DeFrozen is back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-25 for 18 points in 43 minutes tonight in the Bulls loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vintage playoff DeRozan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, they murdered him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff DeMar is back in action!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as people are trashing Kawhi right now, even an injured Kawhi is a superior player to DeMar. Even though Kawhi's load managed during the past 3 seasons he's played, his teams have been Championship contenders all three of those seasons, and in the games Kawhi did play, he did actually play very well in most of them.

As for trades, the only player I wanted back then was Anthony Davis, but he wasn't disgruntled. Drom John mentioned Jimmy Butler, and I would have been happy with him, but I don't think that trade was possible. Looking back at it after seeing how Ingram has played last season and this season, I kind of wish the Spurs made an effort to actually talk to the Lakers about a legit deal between the two teams.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-19-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't get enough in the Kawhi trade. They took too long to unload him and his value dropped.

They didn't get enough back in the DD trade either.

Thread Information