My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MMA thread seems outdated so...

factor
    seems to really know his ish on this but previously he's been butthurt and not talking.
    'factor had previously said this sport uses and all made up stories to promote.
    Masvidal sure sounded truthful on reasons why this one is personal, but i defer to 'factor or any other ST knowledgeable.

Masvidal appeared on Jim Rome radio and gave the reasons why.
    Covington was an unknown, i think had not even won yet alone been in a pro fight. Hurt his wrist badly.
    Mas let him move into his house, paid for food and everything for 9 months. Further, he hooked Covington up with his mentor and agent, they guy who got Mas his 1st gig and i think even fronted him all expenses he believed in Mas soo much plus just a good hearted agent/mgr. They had always done their deals on a gentlemans hand shake and always came thru with the agreement. I LIKE that in this day and age. Say all you want about one must have liarwyers draw up everything, i like it when 2 people can simply agree on a deal and stuck faithfully to it.

Continuing, Mas introduces Cov to the agent manager and sure enough he hooks Cov up with his 1st fights. Agreeing to pay (I think it was 5%) in the future when he won. Likewise all the free food and rent Cov was getting Mas was like don't worry about it, hit me up after you earn. But Mas most def wanted his manager to get the 5% coming if and when Cov hit it. Sure enough Cov has since gone on to earn quite a bit and according to Mas, Cov completely F'd the manager over. I mean as in never paid him back a dime.

Further Covington has been dissing Masvidal over his wife / ex wife and his kids and religion. (I think Mas is a Muzzie).
    Benefactor and/or others is this all-fantasy promotion hype?
    Pretty good voice acting skills by Mas if this is fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favorite won (Covington -350) and no complaints from Mas, agreed with decision.

Pretty boring.

Sound like the prefight beef may have been scripted hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beaniefactor previously saying all the pre fights stuff was staged.
    What about this>

Masvidal under police investigation after alleged Covington assault (msn.com)

Thread Information