Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when he utilized his skills I agree. unfortunately for him, his weakness comes from his mental approach, where he consistently disappears or stops shooting when defensive intensity is ramped up and in big games

Kobe is as or more unguardable than harden (in terms of sheer skills), but he had a mental issue too where he could be baited into bad and dumb shots really easily

Luka doesn't seem to have either of those issues, he definitely does not shy away from any kind of defense (unlike harden), and doesn't get baited into stupid shots consistently, as he always is looking for the easiest possible shot when using his footwork and will generally pass out if a clean shot isn't there (unlike Kobe)
    The 2004 Pistons easily baited Kobe into taking bad shots, and Shaq was dominating Big Ben

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic
    Jokic
    Durant
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Embiid
    Steph
    Morant
    Kawhi
    Tatum

These are my top 10 in no particular order

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red means removed. They aren't in the playoffs. We can stop considering Lebron James top 10 any day now.
    So.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freak
    Joker
    Doncic
    Lebron
    WarriorRef
    Embiid
    LaMelo
    Curry
    Durant
    Morant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact Harden cannot perform when the opponent cares to play means he's a fugazi. Harden treats RS games so special because he's playing for Harden, but the playoffs are team events and the series doesn't seem to interest James much.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron, Durant and Curry

Some of you fellas living in the past

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, can finally say Doncic had a bad playoff game.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeap that was bad... He also has a shoulder problem. Dont know why he didnt use those straps yesterday, as he has been having them in the playoffs a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WarrorRef the most impactful player?

I had WR ranked 5th but as far as impact / outcome we'll see how this Finals vs Boston continues.
    Dominant in Game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it that warriors team was bearable. James Harden and Chris Paul almost did it. That Raptors team in 2019 was deep and talented as . That warriors series goes 6 or 7 if they are fully healthy.
    Game 5 or so vs Houston was the infamous karate chop intentional foul by Warrior defender on Rocket going up for 3 pointer. No call.

Yes the headlines will read how many treys the Rockets missed, and indeed they sucked.
    Reports won't say how much bull WarriorRef brought.

2019 you won't ever hear Warriors honks discussing how many minutes Klanus did play.
    And the games they lost with Klanus doing 35+.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never understand how overrated Durant is. He is a fantastic scorer, even historically good, but other than that, no other aspect of his game was outstanding. He has a couple of years of really good advanced stats, but other than those 2 or 3 years, his numbers were rather average for an all-time great. He has been most often compared to Lebron James, which he is clearly inferior to. He is not good in leading his team deep into the playoffs, the two years he won the le his team was far and away the most stacked team in the league, and the entire offence was still revolving around Curry while the defence was around Draymond.

Not saying that he is not good, but he is not better than Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Jokic, Luka, Giannis, or James. I'd argue that this year, he is no better than Butler or Morant. All time wise, he's somewhere in the 25 to 30 range. I give him credit for building up his reputation into something more than what it was through building up his brand and persona, but when you look at his overall body of work, his best playoff run was likely last year (those GSW runs were a joke as he was routinely single teamed).
    although Durant put Team USA on his backo in Tokyo

Thread Information