Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Westhead isn't going to take any blame. He also said he tried to slow things down because of Magic's injury but Pearlman claims Westhead did it from the start of the season, wanting a lot of control over the offense to leave his imprint on the team so no one could say he was just rolling out the balls for McKinney's team. Said the players hated it because he tried to run a college like offense where every player had to go to a specific spot on the floor to initiate the offense. I gotta trust Pearlman's word over Westhead trying to re-write his legacy, especially since Pearlman never seemed like he took anyone's side in the Showtime book.
    I also read somewhere he did it to manage Kareem’s ego because Magic had just signed that big contract, so more touches = happier Kareem

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously exaggerating but it was well known that Kareem was aloof in this era
    Because he wasn’t whoring and boozing with Magic Buss and company.
    Also lol, Pearlman's book said Kareem chased es at The Forum Club too, he wasn't just going home being Good Jungle Fever Muslim after the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also lol, Pearlman's book said Kareem chased es at The Forum Club too, he wasn't just going home being Good Jungle Fever Muslim after the games.
    well duh, after all he’s got illegitimate kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well duh, after all he’s got illegitimate kids
    Adam Abdul Jabbar, guy who sliced the San Clemente (Orange County CA coast) neighbor to the point of neighbor almost passing away outside the ER.....
    Daddy Kareems lawyer found a corrupt judge and gave him only 6 months. As to finding out if even that was reduced to home confinement! appears google has been scrubbed. As in $$$crubbed.

I'll keep trying to get the local rag to report on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also read somewhere he did it to manage Kareem’s ego because Magic had just signed that big contract, so more touches = happier Kareem
    Heard ic in interview say he and others tried to get the ball to Kream early in the game, even if it was not the best play or another player had a better shot.
    Why? He said otherwise Kream would pout-sulk and that could continue the whole game.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Heard ic in interview say he and others tried to get the ball to Kream early in the game, even if it was not the best play or another player had a better shot.
    Why? He said otherwise Kream would pout-sulk and that could continue the whole game.
    He/Kareem granted him/Magic the con. It don't get better than that, Mult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HBO Responds To Jerry West's Threat Of Filing A Case Against 'Winning Time': "We Stand Resolutely Behind Our Talented Creators." (msn.com)

"HBO has a long history of producing compelling content drawn from actual facts and events that are fictionalized in part for dramatic purposes. 'Winning Time' is not a do entary and has not been presented as such. However, the series and its depictions are based on extensive factual research and reliable sourcing, and HBO stands resolutely behind our talented creators and cast who have brought a dramatization of this epic chapter in basketball history to the screen."

I dunno about HBO's "factual research and reliable sourcing" but they are not backing down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    HBO Responds To Jerry West's Threat Of Filing A Case Against 'Winning Time': "We Stand Resolutely Behind Our Talented Creators." (msn.com)

"HBO has a long history of producing compelling content drawn from actual facts and events that are fictionalized in part for dramatic purposes. 'Winning Time' is not a do entary and has not been presented as such. However, the series and its depictions are based on extensive factual research and reliable sourcing, and HBO stands resolutely behind our talented creators and cast who have brought a dramatization of this epic chapter in basketball history to the screen."

I dunno about HBO's "factual research and reliable sourcing" but they are not backing down.
    The show has gone out of its way to redeem West and soften him …
    I knew this was coming everyone needs to chill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haywood is gonna try to murder everyone in the next episode

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haywood is gonna try to murder everyone in the next episode
    According to this Spencer did put a hit out on Westhead but not his teammates. Ultimately Spencer called it off at the last minute.

https://www.distractify.com/p/did-sp...ill-the-lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to this Spencer did put a hit out on Westhead but not his teammates. Ultimately Spencer called it off at the last minute.

yep heard about that
    still ed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At least he genuinely seems clean now and went and apologized to Westhead for his bull when Westhead was coaching Loyola-Marymount. I really hate the way this show is handling Westhead and Haywood though. Benching Haywood from the beginning is how Westhead got the rest of the team to respect him and Kareen ing hated Haywood, but gotta make up bull for TV about no one liking Westhead. And Buss ing loved him, which is why Magic had to demand a trade to get him fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landsberger is funny AF in this show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way funnier in the book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way funnier in the book.
    I don’t doubt iit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the actors have been great so far

But the award goes to Sally Field

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the book Landsberger went to Riley and asked if they run any plays for rebounds.

Also he snitched on all the Lakers for ing random es at the Forum Club to his wife, who then told Michael Cooper's wife, who of course told everyone else. The team just basically started ignoring him and he left the Lakers at the end of the season. Landsberger was the original D'Angelo Russell. Also a heavy ass coke user who would ugly fat es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the book Landsberger went to Riley and asked if they run any plays for rebounds. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the book Landsberger went to Riley and asked if they run any plays for rebounds.

Also he snitched on all the Lakers for ing random es at the Forum Club to his wife, who then told Michael Cooper's wife, who of course told everyone else. The team just basically started ignoring him and he left the Lakers at the end of the season. Landsberger was the original D'Angelo Russell. Also a heavy ass coke user who would ugly fat es.
    Winnin Time makes it look like Landsburger is on the team from the start of the 79-80 season, right?
    Another b.s. spin by the show.

You sure he snitched in 80?, he stuck around all the way till end of 82-83 season.
    On February 13, 1980, the Bulls traded Landsberger to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Oliver Mack and two second round draft choices. Landsberger remained in Los Angeles until 1983.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-03-2022 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Landsberger identified as Flamer thru the 82-83 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winnin Time makes it look like Landsburger is on the team from the start of the 79-80 season, right?
    Another b.s. spin by the show.

You sure he snitched in 80?, he stuck around all the way till end of 82 season.
    On February 13, 1980, the Bulls traded Landsberger to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Oliver Mack and two second round draft choices. Landsberger remained in Los Angeles until 1983.
    He snitched in 83

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, will Losing Time show that?
    Did the book mention or you got it from other sources?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, will Losing Time show that?
    Did the book mention or you got it from other sources?
    The book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ep 10 Promised land.

What a joke. Why not just show how the Lakers really won the game with Magic having the game of his life? What could make a better Laker Winning story then what really happened?
    Instead the bull super close 4th quarter and last minute shot 1 point win. Dissing Dr. J too with some fantacy dunk over him.

Reality?
    Lakers 123
    Sixers 107

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ep 10 Promised land.

What a joke. Why not just show how the Lakers really won the game with Magic having the game of his life? What could make a better Laker Winning story then what really happened?
    Instead the bull super close 4th quarter and last minute shot 1 point win. Dissing Dr. J too with some fantacy dunk over him.

Reality?
    Lakers 123
    Sixers 107
    Game wasn't 104-103 with 3:00 but it actually was close, 108-103 with 3:00 left. Philly completely fell apart the last 3 minutes.

Though comebacks were difficult as in that league when no one could shoot the three, when you'd get a new 24 off an offensive rebound or non FT foul, and when intentionally fouling was a waste when teams in the bonus got three shots to make 2 at the FT line.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-09-2022 at 12:18 AM.

Thread Information