Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS and the show has ic inbounding the ball and heroically rebelling against the play called in the huddle.
    Reality is Ford inbounded and threw the pass to Kream.
    Worst lie in the show was Buss turning the team over to his wife, that never happened supposedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This show is starting to look like character assassination on Kareem. They show him being a pouting not even sitting with the team in the timeout before the final play of their first game in San Diego when in the real game he's right there in the huddle. Then they make him look sour after hitting the shot when in reality he looked pretty pleased with the team. Here is the actual game video:

Incredible low post prowess in yesterdays nba. todays nba players can’t execute any of those plays by being too busy bricking fadeaway step back three pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS and the show has ic inbounding the ball and heroically rebelling against the play called in the huddle.
    Reality is Ford inbounded and threw the pass to Kream.
    lol I was about to post this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredible low post prowess in yesterdays nba. todays nba players can’t execute any of those plays by being too busy bricking fadeaway step back three pointers.
    Yeah because Jokic and Embiid or KAT don't have a post game
    /s

Kareem 99% of the time : dribble dribble dribble, swing left, swing right, sky hook
    (oh and they would give an assist to Magic for some reason lol)
    And he wasn't playing against zone defense either

imagine Kream vs zone defenses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because Jokic and Embiid or KAT don't have a post game
    /s

Kareem 99% of the time : dribble dribble dribble, swing left, swing right, sky hook
    (oh and they would give an assist to Magic for some reason lol)
    And he wasn't playing against zone defense either

imagine Kream vs zone defenses
    He would average 60ppg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would average 60ppg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of funny the way they're trying to sanitize Spencer Haywoods image though, as if he was being blacklisted for not playing college ball and beating the NBA at the supreme court instead of for his massive coke problem. Can't wait to see how they portray Haywood getting kicked off the team in the Finals for being so stoned the team thought he was dead in a practice. Wonder if they'll show him literally putting a hit on coach Westhead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Kareem and Haywood really were friends like on the show. Because I seem to remember Kareem hated playing with Haywood because Haywood couldn't catch the ball and would put this sticky all over his hands that completely ed Kareem's touch on his skyhook when that would get all over the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Kareem and Haywood really were friends like on the show. Because I seem to remember Kareem hated playing with Haywood because Haywood couldn't catch the ball and would put this sticky all over his hands that completely ed Kareem's touch on his skyhook when that would get all over the ball.
    I'm not doubting the truthfullness of the stickem given the spineless media especially Lakers but is there somewhere we can read this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now I want to read the Showtime book by Jeff Pearlman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not doubting the truthfullness of the stickem given the spineless media especially Lakers but is there somewhere we can read this?
    I don't remember where I heard it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently been used for years.
    Stern Jr, for that matter NFL does nothing about it.

What Is Stickum and Why Did Dwight Howard Use It on His Hands? | GQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learned how the mob wanted to keep Tarkanian in Vegas and how close he was to coaching the Fakers.
    To the point of hit being made on Vic Weiss (and later 3 others altho Weiss related not Laker related). Wow.
    I started reading the book and apparently Vic Weiss was killed for skimming off the money he was laundering for the mob between Las Vegas and LA, he was warned once and given no second warning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started reading the book and apparently Vic Weiss was killed for skimming off the money he was laundering for the mob between Las Vegas and LA, he was warned once and given no second warning.
    Yup that’s what I found on the web as well

The HBO show is 50% fake news tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah that part was known …. Show is implying it was a message to keep shark but honestly that was a secondary motive/message.
    Show is not a do entary it’s dramedy inspired by true events. Let’s be real …. I love do entaries but no way it would grab the attention this show does. the last dance was a controlled narrative do entary that doesn’t do nearly as well without the pandemic. I’m cool with the depictions despite it not being historically accurate or it shading some of my childhood heroes… there is just enough truth in the depictions it does not bother me. My ing team sucks ass now so I welcome the entertaining distractions. I believe lakers are doing a true do entary I look forward to that even the I inevitable it will take on this series accuracy issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that part was known …. Show is implying it was a message to keep shark but honestly that was a secondary motive/message.
    Show is not a do entary it’s dramedy inspired by true events. Let’s be real …. I love do entaries but no way it would grab the attention this show does. the last dance was a controlled narrative do entary that doesn’t do nearly as well without the pandemic. I’m cool with the depictions despite it not being historically accurate or it shading some of my childhood heroes… there is just enough truth in the depictions it does not bother me. My ing team sucks ass now so I welcome the entertaining distractions. I believe lakers are doing a true do entary I look forward to that even the I inevitable it will take on this series accuracy issues.
    Well Magic is releasing a a controlled narrative doc on Apple+ soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Magic is releasing a a controlled narrative doc on Apple+ soon
    Think he'll come out on it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodney Barnes one of the producers and interviewed by Rick Fox after Ep 5.
    How tall is that dude?
    Kareem (the actor) and Magic (the actor) sitting on the couch next to his chair and he looked taller then both of them.
    And 400 pounds too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Worst lie in the show was Buss turning the team over to his wife, that never happened supposedly.
    This was addressed this week told you ti chill the book is solid it’s based on but show has taken some dramatic license but it’s still based on facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic losing out on 5.2-Billions for generic shoe design he shared with Bird and other players

Astute business man my ass

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Magic losing out on 5.2-Billions for generic shoe design he shared with Bird and other players

Astute business man my ass

Bull . He missed out here as did Bird Dr. J etc.
    Magic didn’t know about business circa 79-80 ..,
    It wasn’t until Buss got his own affairs in order could he take Magic under his wing.
    the Executives of my former company told Magic Nike wouldn’t last …
    And it’s a big shock that a player pampered through HS didn’t know about stock options?!
    I’m more impressed by Magic $500 or so millions than with MJ and his fortune he was not as popular as mJ didn’t have the Nike money … but still did well Buss and his management helped him learn businesses he should be credited not clowned …
    For his business a en ..,
    Clown him for his whoring, his talk show, coaching announcing and gM skills but he a proven success at business. And the goat PG
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 04-11-2022 at 12:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . He missed out here as did Bird Dr. J etc.
    Magic didn’t know about business circa 79-80 ..,
    It wasn’t until Buss got his own affairs in order could he take Magic under his wing.
    the Executives of my former company told Magic Nike wouldn’t last …
    And it’s a big shock that a player pampered through HS didn’t know about stock options?!
    I’m more impressed by Magic $500 or so millions than with MJ and his fortune he was not as popular as mJ didn’t have the Nike money … but still did well Buss and his management helped him learn businesses he should be credited not clowned …
    For his business a en ..,
    Clown him for his shoring talk show coaching gM skills but he a proven success at business.
    I'm kind of pissed Magic never took Fatburger national when he owned them. God damn I miss Fatburger after leaving LA. Thankfully we have In N Out here now and the one on the NE side of town is every bit as good as the In N Outs I used to eat at in Westwood and in Hollywood, but it was nice having the Fatburger option when I wanted a thick ass burger too. Although they weren't that great at the Fatburger on the other side of the 405. Was hoping Magic would get Fatburger's quality uniform and expand out of LA. Always loved grabbing that at 2AM like Cube though. Even risked walking past a huge line of LAPD when Westwood was rioting to grab a Kingburger and Fat Fries one night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was addressed this week told you ti chill the book is solid it’s based on but show has taken some dramatic license but it’s still based on facts.
    Also, this was a pretty ty episode tonight while the series has mostly been rock solid despite the inaccuracies. Westhead just ain't that interesting and I was hoping they'd get right to Riley getting promoted to assistant coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm kind of pissed Magic never took Fatburger national when he owned them. God damn I miss Fatburger after leaving LA. Thankfully we have In N Out here now and the one on the NE side of town is every bit as good as the In N Outs I used to eat at in Westwood and in Hollywood, but it was nice having the Fatburger option when I wanted a thick ass burger too. Although they weren't that great at the Fatburger on the other side of the 405. Was hoping Magic would get Fatburger's quality uniform and expand out of LA. Always loved grabbing that at 2AM like Cube though. Even risked walking past a huge line of LAPD when Westwood was rioting to grab a Kingburger and Fat Fries one night.
    Prefer fat burger too used to them in SA they finally opened two spots in DFW …
    But in n out and fat burger are appples to oranges fat is more like a restaurant style burger in n out is closer to fast food fat is more like a Red Robin Fuve guys or Johnny rocket’s stylistic wise and pricing
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 04-11-2022 at 04:59 AM.

Thread Information