Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess the ratings had dropped.

Kevin Messick, an executive producer on the series, referred to a dip in ratings during the show's second season, as well as the actors' inability to promote the show amid the ongoing strikes by members of SAG-AFTRA and the Writers Guild of America, according to Vulture, which spoke with Messick and was first to report the show's end on Sunday evening.
    Messick, who also executive produced "Succession," told Vulture that HBO had suggested the showrunners film an alternate ending in January, before the strike began...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypocritical ic providing more entertainment with his lies.

While claiming he has never watched it nor have any of the Lakers:

It's worth noting that Johnson was initially involved with the development of the show, which was based on Jeff Pearlman's book Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Series co-creator Jim Hecht recalled in a recent THR guest column that the production company Overbrook contacted Johnson about the project. "The next thing I knew, I was in a meeting with my childhood idol and he's saying, 'Yes, I wanna do this, this way, with you guys,'" Hecht wrote. "So, I dove right in and spent the next six months developing a take."

Alas, Hecht said Johnson "backed out" after the first day of pitching the show. "I never heard from him directly, but I was told it was about money," he added.

Lakers legend Magic Johnson on “Winning Time” cancellation: 'You just can't tell that story' (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypocritical ic providing more entertainment with his lies.

While claiming he has never watched it nor have any of the Lakers:

It's worth noting that Johnson was initially involved with the development of the show, which was based on Jeff Pearlman's book Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Series co-creator Jim Hecht recalled in a recent THR guest column that the production company Overbrook contacted Johnson about the project. "The next thing I knew, I was in a meeting with my childhood idol and he's saying, 'Yes, I wanna do this, this way, with you guys,'" Hecht wrote. "So, I dove right in and spent the next six months developing a take."

Alas, Hecht said Johnson "backed out" after the first day of pitching the show. "I never heard from him directly, but I was told it was about money," he added.

Lakers legend Magic Johnson on “Winning Time” cancellation: 'You just can't tell that story' (msn.com)
    About money my ass

ic didnt like what he read
    It wasn't like The Last Dance where Demar Dejordan called the shots

Thread Information