Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick’s contract is still 52mil. J-Rich has 12mil after this year and very movable if needed. Likewise Langford’s contract could be a trade filler. So there’s more flexibility salary wise.
    It made no difference for cap space to sign a big free agent this year. Unlikely to happen regardless but that trade was never about cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade can’t be fully judged until the pick swap.
    So far it is slightly in the Celtic’s favor, but it is notable that the Spurs have not been worse on the court without White.
    He’s a good player but not a great fit for our current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what?? White has been inconsistent all year... Is inconsistent with the Celtics... And we were in the exact same place we were when we had him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why give the guy a generous contract just to trade him because of said contract? It does free up the coffers to pursue a name, so I hope that pans out. I liked D White. He wasn't THAT old yall. I hope the picks turn out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 10 games with the Celtics he’s averaging 11-3-2 shooting 40% from the field and 26% from deep.

Vassell last 10 14-4-3 shooting 44% from the field and 35% from deep

Walker last 10 16-2-1 shooting 49% from the field and 37% from deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There should be a post count limit for making threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "looking worse and worse every day" as in what, the Spurs are losing? Just like they were when White was here? I liked White and all, and the team better get some good defenders next year to fill in his gap, but you make that move 10 times outta 10.

Jesus, what's with posters and wanting to judge everything and everyone right now? Where have patience and wait-and-see gone in this world?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have no idea if White WANTED to stay. He seemed really excited about moving on. I think the trade was poorly timed, especially considering the Raptors trade. I've been on record of saying I would have held until the draft -- especially considering they didn't trade him for an expiring contract. But again, the Spurs are going to let go of talented people. That's the inevitable result of drafting well and having a lot of picks. White could have been a Spur much longer, just like Lonnie might be re-signed. But the Spurs are still looking for the right mix of young guys, and they can't afford to be inflexible with who they keep right now. White hadn't distinguished himself as a top-three long-term building piece. Lonnie, Vassell and Jones all benefitted from him moving on. For all we know, none of those guys are going to be long-term pieces either, but if they also return value, then it wasn't wasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure D White wasn’t looking to get traded yet. He and his pregnant wife made SA their new home. Timing wasn’t ideal for them, but I think Boston is a better fit for him going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "looking worse and worse every day" as in what, the Spurs are losing? Just like they were when White was here? I liked White and all, and the team better get some good defenders next year to fill in his gap, but you make that move 10 times outta 10.

Jesus, what's with posters and wanting to judge everything and everyone right now? Where have patience and wait-and-see gone in this world?
    It was bound to happen. Tanking sounds great in theory, but then when you are in the midst of it people start losing their minds because losing is not fun and there are plenty of people to point fingers at.

There is a saying in sports that winning cures everything. Well, guess what....losing does the opposite. Whether you support the tank or not, it's still not FUN to watch the Spurs fumble away games.

For everyone who wanted that chance at a top 5 draft pick...this comes with the territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what?? White has been inconsistent all year... Is inconsistent with the Celtics... And we were in the exact same place we were when we had him
    I have no problem that we traded him but ignoring how much the defense has suffered since White is gone ... oh boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the three of Murray, White, and Walker were bound to leave to eventually....especially after we drafted Primo.

I was a little surprised it was White...but he had more market value being on a reasonable contract than Walker who is an RFA this summer.

Any GM with brain knows they can throw a large enough contract at Lonnie if they want him and the Spurs probably won't match, and he apparently hasn't played well enough for people to give up assets to secure him.

Also think the Spurs were hopeful Vassell could match his production as a starter, but it's been rocky so far. Devin definitely has some work to do this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure D White wasn’t looking to get traded yet. He and his pregnant wife made SA their new home. Timing wasn’t ideal for them, but I think Boston is a better fit for him going forward.
    Bean could be a place where White can quietly just do what he does best; all of the little things. He probably didn’t want to leave but sorry, that is the business. He might not even be in the league if not for SA. Take your 70m and live in a dope ass hotel in an awesome city for a few months till you figure it out.

We have 5 other guys on this roster who will probably have a similar fate in the next year or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not a bad trade, IMO. White wasn't getting us out of the lottery. I'd rather we just miss the play-in at this point and get a better pick.

One of my more favorite Spurs, but we sucked with or without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not a bad trade, IMO. White wasn't getting us out of the lottery. I'd rather we just miss the play-in at this point and get a better pick.

One of my more favorite Spurs, but we sucked with or without him.
    Great culture guy but it’s actually refreshing PATFO we had the balls to make a hard decision for once.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great culture guy but it’s actually refreshing PATFO we had the balls to make a hard decision for once.
    Derrick has been the same guy in Boston. Inconsistent, below par 3 pt shooter and good defender and assist guy. Great trade for the Spurs...May be this is his ceiling,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick has been the same guy in Boston. Inconsistent, below par 3 pt shooter and good defender and assist guy. Great trade for the Spurs...May be this is his ceiling,
    I’m quite happy to see him gone. His 3 ball is just painful to watch. <30% on volume this year and it’s not like the threat of him shooting opened up much else.

That pick swap was probably the best part of the deal.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like the trade has to be either amazing or a disaster. The Spurs gave up value and got a different type of value in return. Far too early to tell how good or bad it was for the Spurs at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What good does getting swept in the first round or losing the play in do. Spurs made the right move
    What does a lottery pick in a weak Draft do for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an incredibly stupid question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All lottery picks aren’t equal. The first 7 are much better than 8-14.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All lottery picks aren’t equal. The first 7 are much better than 8-14.
    I don't know, I think it's a crapshoot after Smith, Holmgren, Banchero, Ivey and Sharpe (assuming he enters).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, I think it's a crapshoot after Smith, Holmgren, Banchero, Ivey and Sharpe (assuming he enters).
    Sharpe is literally the biggest crap shoot here. We don't even know if he can play college ball, much less pros.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an incredibly stupid question
    I know,. Drafting glorified role players is more fun than winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is literally the biggest crap shoot here. We don't even know if he can play college ball, much less pros.
    True, but he's very talented and athletic. Should be tanking for 2023 though.

Thread Information