Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes sir. Derrick “Don’t look at me” White. 1 point in a very, very important game 5.
    He plays timid. Would rather always pass than take the shot.

Badly hesitated on an open 3 and of course missed it.
    And his defense is overrated, I often see players blowing past him and scoring over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays timid. Would rather always pass than take the shot.

Badly hesitated on an open 3 and of course missed it.
    And his defense is overrated, I often see players blowing past him and scoring over him.
    bbb but the passing and initiating the offense

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has already helped plenty on getting them where they are. If the Celtics don't win the championship, it won't be because White didn't "help", tbh.
    He really hasn't played consistently well at all in the playoffs or regular season for Boston.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bbb but the passing and initiating the offense
    Need more production than passing the ball. And I don't see so much initiating the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need more production than passing the ball. And I don't see so much initiating the offense.
    thats what ive heard on here. He can help them when he gives that occasional 20 point outburst because bos desperately needs another scorer. When he isnt hitting which has been often this season hes practically useless

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a Spur type of player. Really lacks explosiveness to the basket.

Spurs have a team built around these type of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C’s fans are quickly turning on Derrick in forums and on Twitter after another stinker tonight. His lack of confidence in his jumpshot and inability to hit open threes kills the Celtics. He had two wide open looks tonight early in the fourth that would’ve helped stifle Warriors runs. He hesitated on both, and bricked both. Then he got blown by for a couple easy layups and that one huge Andrew Wiggins dunk. Just a bad all around game from him.

Luckily most of the attention is being focused on Tatum, who’s been dog- in the 2nd half of every game this series. Dude is now shooting 22% in 4th quarters of this series (!!). And he’s already set the record for most turnovers in a playoffs with 95, surpassing Lebron. Just horrible. Cost his team the series at the end of game four with all his chucking. C’s blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White had that monster game against Denver and has never reached that level again. This is why he's a role player -- he'll turn in very nice games but can't be counted on for every game.

He's not the reason the Celtics are losing the series, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White had that monster game against Denver and has never reached that level again. This is why he's a role player -- he'll turn in very nice games but can't be counted on for every game.

nobody is blaming white for the c's losing. He is the very definition of fools gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. White's good enough to be serviceable on some nights, impactful on others but the majority of his games will be forgettable. He came to the Spurs with a lot of potential but he showed the team pretty quickly what he was in the Denver playoff series. He had a couple of big games but then got shut down. That was it, that was the end. If unchecked, he can do damage. Give him a little attention and he goes away. That's Derrick White. Not upset the Spurs moved away.

The current Spurs roster is built up of role players - even Dejounte Murray. There's not a star or burgeoning star in the group to build around. I don't care who gets moved and what packages are put together to attract a legit, consistent, pillar of the franchise. Until they do, the Spurs will be mired in mediocrity - right where they are.

Yes sir. Derrick “Don’t look at me” White. 1 point in a very, very important game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

there is a reason pop&co were willing to part with him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of the reasons as he isn't helping them much.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is a reason pop&co were willing to part with him
    Agree, beware of trading with the Spurs.

They don't trade away anyone good, especially sine they are not deep in talent to begin with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq was the best player in the '04 series against the Pistons. He had even one game which was game 4 where he got 36 points on 76 percent shooting from the field. Pistons were able to weather Shaq's dominant games in that series while baiting Kobe to play stupid and not with the team. I felt the Pistons were all at the perfect age at the time. They had the experience while all of them were just at the start of their primes.

The problem with Boston I feel is they just don't have the maturity to weather the storm with Curry much like the Piston's did with Shaq. Piston's weren't in awe of Shaq and Kobe and that helped a lot in dealing with those 2 guys. The Pistons knew when to make the right plays even when Shaq was going off they didn't get phased. Celtics are still a very young team despite them having playoff experience. I feel at times they are in awe of Steph and get phased by him which causes them to panic in the sense they don't make the right plays in crunch time like what happened in the 4th quarter of game 4.
    Wasn't Shaq shooting something like 65% for the series? I remember seeing a stat where Shaq was doing great, but I don't think Kobe was trying to get him the ball. I think Kobe was trying to show up Tayshaun Prince since everyone was saying how good of a defensive player he was and how good of a defensive team the Pistons were, I think Kobe went off script trying to show them up, but it cost them the series. Even with Karl Malone hurt, I still think the Lakers could have won that series. The Pistons played great team ball, but I don't think they were the better team.

Udoka going full Thibs and playing his players too much. Tatum and Brown looked so tired in the fourth. Gotta rest them a couple minutes during the half.
    This is going to be a bit of a shot at Ime, but maybe he remembers himself being put in for Bruce Bowen in the 2008 WCF and costing us the game . Maybe he was trying to avoid something similar by keeping them in. Bit of a low blow from me, I just can't seem to forgive him for that game. Bruce Bowen had Kobe locked up, then got into foul trouble and Ime went out there to replace Bruce and Kobe exploded. Really sucks cause the Spurs were dead tired sleeping only a few hours on the plane after winning game 7 in NO. That game could have cost them the series, plus the Derek Fisher foul on Brent Barry didn't help in game 5 I think it was. You know what, the Lakers. I'm starting to remember how much I disliked those s.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-14-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Shaq shooting something like 65% for the series? I remember seeing a stat where Shaq was doing great, but I don't think Kobe was trying to get him the ball. I think Kobe was trying to show up Tayshaun Prince since everyone was saying how good of a defensive player he was and how good of a defensive team the Pistons were, I think Kobe went off script trying to show them up, but it cost them the series. Even with Karl Malone hurt, I still think the Lakers could have won that series. The Pistons played great team ball, but I don't think they were the better team.

Pistons were the better team in that series. Without Karl Malone the Lakers were the less talented team. Malone was the reason why they got to the finals. Without him the Spurs would have swept the Lakers or beaten them in 5. The Pistons deserve a lot of credit for winning that series because a lot of teams would have folded in game 1 when Shaq got 36 points on above 76 percent shooting and then game 4 where he got 34 points on above 80 percent shooting. It takes discipline to weather those out of this world type of performances. The Pistons could have crumbled in those games but showed resilience. That's the difference between them and the current Celtics who can't weather Curry's storms.
    Last edited by daslicer; 06-14-2022 at 10:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imes offensive is Pop level low IQ.

Would be interesting to see how White would do when Game 1s ball movement was continued vs Tatum ball / stand around ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons were the better team in that series. Without Karl Malone the Lakers were the less talented team. Malone was the reason why they got to the finals. Without him the Spurs would have swept the Lakers or beaten them in 5. The Pistons deserve a lot of credit for winning that series because a lot of teams would have folded in game 1 when Shaq got 36 points on above 76 percent shooting and then game 4 where he got 34 points on above 80 percent shooting. It takes discipline to weather those types of out of this world performances. The Pistons could have crumbled in those games but showed resilience. That's the difference between them and the current Celtics who can't weather Curry's storms.
    i just don't know if the celtics have a true top tier player or superstar. brown and smart are potential all stars and tatum is a legit all-star but he's not in that upper echelon yet (and may never be). last night, they all just kind of shrunk at the worst time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just don't know if the celtics have a true top tier player or superstar. brown and smart are potential all stars and tatum is a legit all-star but he's not in that upper echelon yet (and may never be). last night, they all just kind of shrunk at the worst time.
    Agreed Tatum is a legit all-star but like you said I don't think he will ever reach true supers om. He's very good but just a tier below Giannis, Durant, Kawhi, etc. He doesn't have another gear like those guys do to takeover a game against a great opponent. Jaylen Brown is what I would call a good second option but unfortunately Tatum doesn't come through like a real number 1 so Brown can't always capitalize like a true number 2 would. Marcus is a very good role player much like how Bruce Bowen was for the Spurs but better offensively. He could possibly fluke his way to 1 all-star game in his career.

If the Celtics had Durant instead of Tatum they probably beat this Warriors team in 6 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really hasn't played consistently well at all in the playoffs or regular season for Boston.
    He has though. The only inconsistent thing about his game is his shooting but folks don't realize just how important other areas of basketball are. That's why you will constantly see guys like White and Poeltl at the top of impact stats while his offensive numbers might not look like much. The Celtics acquired White while they were on the lower part of the table of teams getting into the playoffs, they are now two games away from winning it all. I would say the White acquisition has been a monumental success for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derrick white could have averaged 30ppg for the finals, made the game winner and become finals mvp and it still was a good trade for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derrick white could have averaged 30ppg for the finals, made the game winner and become finals mvp and it still was a good trade for the spurs
    I do agree with this though. There just wasn't a fit for White here.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree with this though. There just wasn't a fit for White here.
    Why not if he's so good to take a team to the championship?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has though. The only inconsistent thing about his game is his shooting but folks don't realize just how important other areas of basketball are. That's why you will constantly see guys like White and Poeltl at the top of impact stats while his offensive numbers might not look like much. The Celtics acquired White while they were on the lower part of the table of teams getting into the playoffs, they are now two games away from winning it all. I would say the White acquisition has been a monumental success for them.
    Where has he been so good, passing the ball? His shooting has been bad everyone can agree on that and his defense he's getting scored on players are blowing past him and counting stats blocks and steals are not high, how is he so great defensively.

You have your Spur blinders on and see him as a former Spur so he's been so good for Boston but really he hasn't with the exception of a few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where has he been so good, passing the ball? His shooting has been bad everyone can agree on that and his defense he's getting scored on players are blowing past him and counting stats blocks and steals are not high, how is he so great defensively.

You have your Spur blinders on and see him as a former Spur so he's been so good for Boston but really he hasn't with the exception of a few games.

the bottom line it was a good deal for sa. His production for Boston means nothing for the spurs now.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bottom line it was a good deal for sa. His production for Boston means nothing for the spurs now.
    Spurs were lucky to have a chance to move away from White with the trade.

Thread Information