Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 points on 16% shooting when it counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barely saw the court in the 4th of a must win game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking Derrick White is the difference between being a finals team and going home early
    Dude, White is pretty clearly a better player than Richardson. That's why the Celtics paid the price they paid to swap them. And the fact is that the Celtics made the finals with White playing a starter level role, so I pretty much doubt they regret the move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the rest of the playoffs, including that 7 games series vs Miami in the ECF, didn't count.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the avid defense of White. He’s not awful, obviously. But he always leaves you wanting more. It’s hard to be logical and glass half full about a player whom you think should always be playing better.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like the Kawhi to Toronto trade which resulted in an NBA le?
    That doesn't count as Kawhi forced himself out. The Spurs would have never traded him away if they didn't have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to lock this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feet do not look ok.

With that caveat, no way should have been allowed to stay in.

-24 at one point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 2nd best player prior to trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 2nd best player prior to trade
    Being a bottom 10 team isnt fun although poodle power had an argument also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst +/- in the game. -26

Kinda feel bad for the guy. Deer in the headlights just like our guy Georgie. We trade away guys with low confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst +/- in the game. -26

Kinda feel bad for the guy. Deer in the headlights just like our guy Georgie. We trade away guys with low confidence.
    for the entire playoffs 37%fg 32%3p

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical White. Gets his fans excited for a few weeks then proceeds to shrivel up and show everyone who he really is.

Not a bad player, but just another average bench guy with shakey confidence. He can't be relied on. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they aren't going to be happy now. They are under the influence of emotional violence. Just like ST likes to talk about everything Spurs related from Pop to the Coyote after losses. But once they cool down and reflect on the move they will realize how it was one of the reasons it made them get this far.
    yeah right and the missing piece to a Celtics ring is your boy Vucevic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, White is pretty clearly a better player than Richardson. That's why the Celtics paid the price they paid to swap them. And the fact is that the Celtics made the finals with White playing a starter level role, so I pretty much doubt they regret the move.
    J-Rich on the Spurs 11.4 PPG, 2.9 RB, 2.3 AST, 1 STL 1.3 TOV 42.9 FG% 44.4 3P%

White on the Celtics 11 PPG 3.4 RB 3.5 AST 0.6 STL 1.2 TOV 40.9 FG% 30.6 3P% while playing 3 min more per game

I don't see how White is a way better player than J-Rich tbh. It's just that each is a better fit for the team they got traded to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get back strong D-White. It was a rookie mistake for the entire team, and going against a colossal veteran champion. Them staying together should help. Day 1 starts today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White’s definitely a better defender and distributor than J-Rich, but his inability to shoot the ball really killed the Celtics in the Finals. He got a ton of open looks because GS was basically daring him to shoot the ball, and he bricked the majority of them. You just can’t play guards who can’t shoot for very long in today’s NBA. Kills the whole flow of the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People on this board love to inflate what White brings to the table. Its been some weird thing for years. Its like they hitched their cart and because he's obviously not a star, they have to say like White is leading the Celtics to a le, so I get why people then like to troll that idiocy.

That being said, an honest appraisal of the finals doesn't put it on White. Did he suck shooting? Yeah, but that's what he is most of the time. He was obviously scared when he shot the ball and it showed. But he did a lot of other things well, and its not like Pritchard (who all he does is shoot) or Grant Williams did any better. And honestly, I'm not sure it was their fault. Ime is going to be an amazing coach when its all said and done, but his offense this year was hot garbage. It was said that they players knew they had to move the ball and push the tempo but they just fell back on ISO ball but either way that falls on the coach. But he's a ing rookie coach who took this team from sub 500 to the finals in months. Can't complain about that. And honestly not shame in being out coached by Kerr in your first finals in your first season as a head coach. I think Boston was clearly the more talented team, but coaching and experience matter a of a lot at this point in the season.

White was fine. He wasn't brought on to score a ton or fix their broken offense. They probably hoped he would shoot better and its obvious that it opened things up for them when he did, but its Derrick White and if he had actually be a good shooter he wouldn't have been traded to begin with. And for as good as his defense, and Smarts for that matter, is, it wasn't enough to stop Curry because great offense almost always beats great defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is a starter level role? White came off the bench dude. A starter level role means starting. This is why people won't let go. Because people come in and make stupid ing takes like this. Bench players can play lots of minutes. You don't need to make up new ing terms for that just to make White seem better. Its fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Boston was clearly the more talented team,
    It was said that they players knew they had to move the ball and push the tempo but they just fell back on ISO ball but either way that falls on the coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White’s definitely a better defender and distributor than J-Rich, but his inability to shoot the ball really killed the Celtics in the Finals. He got a ton of open looks because GS was basically daring him to shoot the ball, and he bricked the majority of them. You just can’t play guards who can’t shoot for very long in today’s NBA. Kills the whole flow of the offense.
    Yeah, and we got a ton of guards who can't shoot as well as the average SG in the NBA today. (now don't rush out and find that one of our guards statistically is over the 50% average shooting percentage. You know what I mean.) We need better shooting and I doubt anyone will disagree with that. Well, since this is ST, maybe not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the avid defense of White. He’s not awful, obviously. But he always leaves you wanting more. It’s hard to be logical and glass half full about a player whom you think should always be playing better.
    Why is a guy who was a 29th overall pick supposed to be "always playing better".

How many other 29th overral picks were an integral part of a team that competed for a le this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is a guy who was a 29th overall pick supposed to be "always playing better".

How many other 29th overral picks were an integral part of a team that competed for a le this year?
    draymond, jordan poole, jimmy butler, middleton last year and his injury is a reason bucks lost, jokic, jalen brunson, desmond bane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right and the missing piece to a Celtics ring is your boy Vucevic
    What?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J-Rich on the Spurs 11.4 PPG, 2.9 RB, 2.3 AST, 1 STL 1.3 TOV 42.9 FG% 44.4 3P%

White on the Celtics 11 PPG 3.4 RB 3.5 AST 0.6 STL 1.2 TOV 40.9 FG% 30.6 3P% while playing 3 min more per game

I don't see how White is a way better player than J-Rich tbh. It's just that each is a better fit for the team they got traded to
    Better at everything except shooting. And even there, White has moments where he's more than serviceable as an outside threat.

Thread Information