Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on this. He was a great fit here. Particularly of value if we move or let go of Lonnie.

I have no problems putting JRich in a package for a proven upgrade or to move up in the draft but there’s no sense in moving him for a late 1st just for the sake of moving him. He has more value to us than another 22-30 pick.
    I love JRich, and I think the kids absolutely do, too, and I'd move him in a cold minute for a FRP.

Keldon is getting a big extension this summer, which will kick in next summer, right when JRich's contract ends. They'll be negotiating Vassell's extension at that time. If we sign anyone this summer, they'll be getting paid on that same cap. JRich will be 30 when his next contract season one kicks in, and it'll likely be his last big one, so he probably won't give a discount, and will walk for nothing. There's just going to be too much on the cap or the cap horizon to pay a complementary player who won't push us over the top into the playoffs. He would have great value to a contender as a 3andD who is a good locker room guy. Like Manny said, you need to take as many FRP shots as you can, even late ones, so that something pans out eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sold on this. He was a great fit here. Particularly of value if we move or let go of Lonnie.

I have no problems putting JRich in a package for a proven upgrade or to move up in the draft but there’s no sense in moving him for a late 1st just for the sake of moving him. He has more value to us than another 22-30 pick.
    we have too many wings, if we draft another wing that's 4 for the rotation unless Pop wants to play Keldon at the 4 again. Spurs should either use him to move up or to get another future 1st

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think he should be moved for just anyone. Maybe wait and see until the trade deadline to see how the team is going, but IMO, the team really played better when he arrived. The chemistry seemed really good between him and the rest of the team. I don't think you should just move him for a late first round pick right away. See how it goes first. I would definitely move him in a package for an upgrade, but I just don't think a late first round pick is better move right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick looking terrible again. Single-handedly letting Miami back in the game with his turnovers and terrible shot selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick looking terrible again. Single-handedly letting Miami back in the game with his turnovers and terrible shot selection.
    You have to look past that. He isn not a “ball stopper” and he’s unselfish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far second leading scorer and making all this right plays
    Hmmm
    Today White is the windshield
    Yesterday he was the bug

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far second leading scorer and making all this right plays
    Hmmm
    Today White is the windshield
    Yesterday he was the bug
    He is still noticeably average. Horrible shooter. Miami is just playing worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Richardson will not be paid in the summer of 2023. Start with that, and what the Spurs will do becomes only a matter of timing. Even during his media session after the play in, he seemed resigned to his fate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way to paint this deal for the Spurs in a bad light. Even one for one, Richardson's skillset suits the Spurs better, and on top of that you get 25 in a draft where value is projected to be available at that spot, plus an (almost) unprotected swap that could be a golden ticket.
    This season's moves have been excellent, hopefully they don't screw it come draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters gon hate
    U b u Mr. White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-14 tonight, including 1-8 from 3. His offensive woes continue. I’m rooting for Derrick, but the Celtics are winning in spite of him, not because of him. He’s still a plus defender though. I’ll give him that. And he had 8 boards and 6 assists tonight.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better if White does great.

If the Spurs always win the better end of every trade they make the front office looks too savvy and other teams will become more reluctant to trade with them.

Hoping White plays sensational.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's will end up with all star appearances when its all said and done. The kid turned into a 20 ppg scorer at the end of last season and he has a lot of room for improvement. He's going to hit that level easily, IMO. I don't disagree that I would expect him to get a sub 20m per year extension though. I just think he's got a higher ceiling than most on here give him credit for.
    For that to happen, we'd have to be a good team and Keldon would have to be our second best player. If Keldon is our second best player, I don't think we are a good team. So I'll sell the idea of him making any all star appearances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better if White does great.

If the Spurs always win the better end of every trade they make the front office looks too savvy and other teams will become more reluctant to trade with them.

Hoping White plays sensational.
    That's a good point. I, too, hope White does great the rest of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White will be shooting bricks for his entire career. I don't get why people think otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White will be shooting bricks for his entire career. I don't get why people think otherwise
    Lol no way he lasts in Boston. That team and city are wayyy to cut throat. Last night was arguably his best game as a Celt. That contract looks worse and worse, getting off of that was great timing by B Wright.

He would have been our highest paid player this year LOL

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no way he lasts in Boston. That team and city are wayyy to cut throat. Last night was arguably his best game as a Celt. That contract looks worse and worse, getting off of that was great timing by B Wright.

He would have been our highest paid player this year LOL
    I remember when he was with the Spurs he was a big favorite on this board (not you in particular) and now no one thinks highly of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right
    No one

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think highly of Derrick White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we have seen a large enough sample size to say White is what he is...a Jekyll and Hyde player, similar to Lonnie.

He could have a great game for you or hit some big shots, but then would follow that up by being mostly invisible for the next game or two.

We saw it in San Antonio, and we are seeing the same in Boston. There are times where he looks like a steady floor general out there, and times where he looks lost or is just shooting them out of the game.

Between his inconsistency and injury issue, the Spurs were better off getting out of that contract and actually managed to gain some assets in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we have seen a large enough sample size to say White is what he is...a Jekyll and Hyde player, similar to Lonnie.

He could have a great game for you or hit some big shots, but then would follow that up by being mostly invisible for the next game or two.

We saw it in San Antonio, and we are seeing the same in Boston. There are times where he looks like a steady floor general out there, and times where he looks lost or is just shooting them out of the game.

Between his inconsistency and injury issue, the Spurs were better off getting out of that contract and actually managed to gain some assets in the process.
    The guys got talent. Weve all seen it but he just is soo damn inconsistent . His lack of confidence at times is alarming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs won the out of that trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was good until the foot injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lost me at hit some big shots. That dunk over Milsap was door though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost me at hit some big shots. That dunk over Milsap was door though.
    I never said he was a consistent shooter...but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Thread Information