Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pritchard & Nesmith were playing better than expected in the first half, and that's why it stood out. Generally, they haven't been too impressive.

You don't think Robert Williams is good? To me, he's an asset on both sides but especially on D.
    Yeah, agree on Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick 1/4 for 3 pts and 2 turnovers tonight after getting the start against Miami. Woof.

Celtics are cooked if they don’t get Smart and Horford back by Game 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick 1/4 for 3 pts and 2 turnovers tonight after getting the start against Miami. Woof.

Celtics are cooked if they don’t get Smart and Horford back by Game 3.
    Seems White is too reliant on confidence from game to game based on early results in the game. And if his last game was inefficient, he's already starting off in a trough. If he starts out aggressive and on fire, he has good games. If he misses his first few, he stops being aggressive and demures way too much. White can get into the lane when he's got the aggressive fire going. Hope he can find it again. He's a good dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol where are the analytic fan boys tonight…. I’m sure you fellas can find some advanced stats to stand up your favourite ex-spur Derrick White?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensively he was good as always but damn he is useless on offense at this stage of the playoffs ... Udoka had no chance but to go to Pritchard instead to get some offense

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the verdict is in: good trade!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching white last night was seeing a microcosm of his career with the spurs. he'd make a great defensive play on one side and then blow a fast break on the other. his offense was here one second, and gone another, i can just hear celtics fans pulling their hair out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the verdict is in: good trade!

Not the guard of the future (or the present) for a rebuilding team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick with another dud for Boston.
    he's shooting 35% from the field and 24% from 3 through the entire postseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's shooting 35% from the field and 24% from 3 through the entire postseason

what a great trade for sa

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dare say Brian Wrong was right?!! Combined with the DDR trade, I'm more confident in the GM. Now, drafting is the next challenge. But that's another thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dare say Brian Wrong was right?!! Combined with the DDR trade, I'm more confident in the GM. Now, drafting is the next challenge. But that's another thread...
    People have forgotten about the Toronto trade. Didn't they move up 13 spots at the cost of just eating some salary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have forgotten about the Toronto trade. Didn't they move up 13 spots at the cost of just eating some salary?
    It’s all relative. We ate 5mm in cap for the SRP we sent to Toronto (that SRP was acquired for eating Hutshison’s 5mm contract to help facilitate the Russ to LA trade) AND ate 14mm in cap for Thad which turned unto #21. The prorated 4 million difference between Eubanks and Thad for Dragic is a rounding error.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all relative. We ate 5mm in cap for the SRP we sent to Toronto (that SRP was acquired for eating Hutshison’s 5mm contract to help facilitate the Russ to LA trade) AND ate 14mm in cap for Thad which turned unto #21. The prorated 4 million difference between Eubanks and Thad for Dragic is a rounding error.
    Into the #20. It's not relative. They literally traded junk for 13 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Junk that was acquired using 20mm in cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White probably had his kid fyi…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hutchison’s contract was $4,019,459, and therefor falls into the category of a rounding error. I didn’t make the rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Junk that was acquired using 20mm in cap space.
    That’s how renting cap space works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I’m simply equating the cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I’m simply equating the cost.
    Fairness enough -- still, I don't believe you can look at the Thad piece in isolation. I know you and I ascribe the value to the various pieces of the DDR trade differently, but you can argue some of the value beyond just Thad should be ascribed to the $20M (e.g., the CHI SRP).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the team had to use the cap space anyway, right? They couldn't simply S&T DeRozan for nothing, and of course they traded him to get other assets. So the Spurs could have just sat on Thad's contract, or eaten it. Instead they flipped it for those 13 spots in the draft. A cool bit of business, I'd say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fairness enough -- still, I don't believe you can look at the Thad piece in isolation. I know you and I ascribe the value to the various pieces of the DDR trade differently, but you can argue some of the value beyond just Thad should be ascribed to the $20M (e.g., the CHI SRP).
    I mean 10mm for Aminu also in the deal. I think we all agree we could go down the lineage of these moves and have different assessments I just took a disagreement that we pulled out the #20 pick with junk as there was a process and greater cost than that. Not like we flipped traded Eubanks and an SRP for it.

Regardless it was the right move and I expect more of this in the coming years while we are rebuilding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason why white misses a game -
    his WIFE gave birth - not white (allegedly)

the bonus for celts is that PRITCHARD gets more burn and demonstrates to the world that when you shoot threes

they actually go in the basket

next game

D White will demonstrate how to shoot threes, make contact with all parts of the rim

AND MISS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching him and anderson this years playoffs...they are basically the same fkn players who dont do to change the needle, so inconsistent...

Thread Information