San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Highway robbery by Seahawks

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Highway robbery by Seahawks
    Except for the fact that Seattle has a perpetually putrid offensive line. If they can't protect one of the game's greatest scramblers in Wilson, how are they going to protect pocket statue Drew Lock?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Except for the fact that Seattle has a perpetually putrid offensive line. If they can't protect one of the game's greatest scramblers in Wilson, how are they going to protect pocket statue Drew Lock?
    They won't be able to; imo they have a 2-3 year rebuilding period ahead of them.

Real question is whether Pete Carroll sticks around for it or if he retires/goes back to coaching college.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They won't be able to; imo they have a 2-3 year rebuilding period ahead of them.

Real question is whether Pete Carroll sticks around for it or if he retires/goes back to coaching college.
    At least. Seattle IMO has one of the worst short-medium term futures in the entire NFL; only New Orleans is probably worse off because Payton is gone and they have no cap space and limited talent and very little to work with at QB. Atlanta isn't terribly far behind because Ryan is about a 50M cap hit and they can't get rid of him and their talent is pretty much gone or suspended. The Rams are going to be in that territory in a few years. The Packers will eventually be in that territory when Rodgers retires because of all that cap money.

I think Carroll outright retires, he's 70 and won't do a rebuild especially if much younger Sean Payton won't. Carroll was part of the problem anyway in Seattle. He thought he could plug any players into his systems both on offense and defense (particularly in the secondary and at RB/OL) and that they would perform like the 2012-2014 teams... earth to old man, they didn't. Russell Wilson had had enough of Carroll and his outdated simpleton scheme and perpetually pithy offensive line play. Also, Schneider and his re ed team building (Jimmy Graham for a first , Percy Harvin for a first AND a third , Rashad Penny and Germain Ifedi with the only first rounders they had in that era , two firsts for Jamal Adams who is basically a very undersized pass rusher who can't cover a turtle ).
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 03-09-2022 at 02:05 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol Comanders btw. Sussell said no, and they got Wentz

Donks may have enough pieces in place to make a 1 or 2 year go of it.

Worth it imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Donks may have enough pieces in place to make a 1 or 2 year go of it.

Worth it imo.
    They aren't even the second best team in their division tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    (Jimmy Graham for a first , Percy Harvin for a first AND a third , Rashad Penny and Germain Ifedi with the only first rounders they had in that era , two firsts for Jamal Adams who is basically a very undersized pass rusher who can't cover a turtle ).
    Yeah I'm not sure what the happened. They won a super bowl because of how well they built through the draft in 2010 - 2012 (three straight draft classes where they selected or signed 2+ pro bowl caliber players each year), then they for whatever reason decided to start trading early round picks for players with a limited shelf life and not valuing mid round picks anywhere near as much as they used to.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not sure what the happened. They won a super bowl because of how well they built through the draft in 2010 - 2012 (three straight draft classes where they selected or signed 2+ pro bowl caliber players each year), then they for whatever reason decided to start trading early round picks for players with a limited shelf life and not valuing mid round picks anywhere near as much as they used to.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, just ahead of the 2017 season trading away a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for a 1 year rental of Sheldon Richardson to desperately try and extend the legion of boom era even though the writing was clearly on the wall that they were done. Very predictably, their former superstars in the secondary suffered severe season ending injuries and were off the team the next year, most noticeably the brutal career ending spine injury to Chancellor. One too many hit dished out will do that to ya. But Seattle never prepared for that timely demise by keeping their bench stocked with their replacements having been home grown through the draft. Then from 2018-2021 it became the era of Wilson having to completely overcome a terrible offensive line *AND* a terrible defense all on his own and it became just too much for Wilson to overcome, yes he had 2 elite receivers but Pete Carroll's route concepts were re ed, it was pretty much feast or famine, either a huge deep pass play or a quick run-pass-sack-punt type drive every single series. No intermediate routes, minimal use of the tight ends in the passing game. The Seahawks were the worst team on offense on 3rd and medium for a reason. John Schneider is a dumbass and he's about a half decade too late with recognizing his mistakes.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I caught a segment of Colin Cowherd. He scorched Seattle management. Think he's close with a few.

Basically said their draft is routinely a surprise. Alot of reaches based on opinion of peer scouts. Reports of brains debating only for Pete to walk into the room and override with personal favorite prospects. Few big moves already mentioned. Non-blocking TE and trading Center in the process. When you strategize the opposite.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sidenote: I like Fox Sports of Colin and Wiley/Acho. Sharp and professional sports journalism.

They aren't even the second best team in their division tbh.
    Meh Chargers and Raiders always find ways to give games away.

Not sure how much longer Andy Shotenheimer can be carried either.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Hearing “struggle” brings me back to the days of Larry and CN arguing about Wilson

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Lol thinking they'll ride with Lock. They're using those picks to revamp the entire offense

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wasn't struggle still on his rookie deal when they were making SB appearances?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Wasn't struggle still on his rookie deal when they were making SB appearances?
    Yes, and that was part of their decline, but they made things worse for themselves by trading away picks for players that were past or near their peak. If they were able to repeat the success they had with the 2010 - 2012 drafts (obviously a lot easier said than done) then they'd have been able to absorb Wilson's increased salary and still contend...but they were never gonna be able to contend by giving Wilson a huge deal while also trading away picks for other veterans who'd expect a huge deal.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    donks

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lot o money for an older Suss

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Broncos just like Seattle are another team that's neglected offensive line for a very long time, in favor of drafting the best on defense and skill position offensive players. Their best offensive lineman is Garret Bolles and even he's not all that good. Even when Denver came and curbstomped us and shut down our offense last year, we had no problem getting sacks (I believe we had 5 that game) and pressure on Bridgewater.

Over/under 1.5 seasons until Struggle wants out of Denver??

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I actually do buy in that the Broncos should be Division favorites in '22. But this is the honeymoon period. I think if Wilson ever reaches the SB as Bronco then Mission Accomplished. I do not believe they ever win one with him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    10804346[/URL]]The Broncos just like Seattle are another team that's neglected offensive line for a very long time, in favor of drafting the best on defense and skill position offensive players. Their best offensive lineman is Garret Bolles and even he's not all that good. Even when Denver came and curbstomped us and shut down our offense last year, we had no problem getting sacks (I believe we had 5 that game) and pressure on Bridgewater.

Over/under 1.5 seasons until Struggle wants out of Denver??
    Over. He’s surrounded with talent once again. And As long as they “let him cook”, he should be happy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Over. He’s surrounded with talent once again. And As long as they “let him cook”, he should be happy.
    Are Metcalf and Lockett not "talent"? Both SEA and DEN offensive lines are terrible. You must mean on defense?

The main thing is that RW finally has a good defense to back him up for the first time since roughly 2016. Other than that, the SEA/DEN offenses are pretty similar, though Seattle's head coach still coaches, makes decisions, burns timeouts etc. like it's 1986 and needs to leave the NFL.

Thread Information