Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I TOTALLY disagree with you on a player's RIGHT to disrespect the flag. Professional athletes are paid exorbitant amounts of money to PLAY... They are NOT paid that money to make political statements while they are getting paid to play! If I started blathering on and on with MY political opinions and wore a shirt with a political statement when I was getting paid to work, management would politely call me into an office, close the door and politely and pointedly tell me that while I have a right to my opinions, they hired me to do the job they are paying me to do... NOT to express my political opinions on THEIR time.. Further, they would tell me to go home and put on a work appropriate shirt with NO political statement on it.. and then come back to work. I have 3 Let's Go Brandon t shirts that I wear regularly.. but I would NEVER consider wearing them at work because it would be inappropriate to do so.
    Undoubtedly, they would also tell me that if I refused, I WOULD be fired.
    Players DO NOT have a right to force their political opinions on the fans by kneeling, making gestures, or wearing uniforms with political statements on them while playing.
    If said players were really THAT passionate about something, there are appropriate times and places to express their opinions. Doing so while you are being paid to play is NOT one of those appropriate times...PERIOD.. no arguments by you or anyone else on this issue

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

7 straight wins. Mets puckering booty.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Padres took the Mets

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

7 straight wins. Mets puckering booty.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Braves are animals

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

14 straight wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cubbies taking a day off from tanking to with the Braves WS. Baseball at its best, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cubbies taking a day off from tanking to with the Braves WS. Baseball at its best, tbh.
    And we lost again.

Cubs were buzzing today after breaking their losing streak. Had a smart approach at the plate.

Braves arrived trying to slug in windy Wrigley and stayed stubborn. I get it a big part of Baseball is not panicking and making drastic changes just for a random 3 game series.

We play Giants & Dodgers next. Good measuring stick. Love these series.

Overall Braves money hitters - Acuna(lately has dipped), Riley and especially Olson are cold. So big picture there is still another level to reach IMO

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Let's Play

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

There was a "Freddie" chant

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LOL Yankees

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Unbeatable Jankees

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big brawl in the Mariners/Angels game.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Dodgers 9thining comeback

Well done.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Trout and Ohtani need to come play for a real team

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    agreed. they should probably avoid franchises that stockpile top picks, build an abnormally loaded roster, blatantly cheat and get away with it, then lose half their roster because the team fell so short of expectations and only barely won 1 championship when they should have won at least 3 with all the cir stances they had in their favor

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    agreed. they should probably avoid franchises that stockpile top picks, build an abnormally loaded roster, blatantly cheat and get away with it, then lose half their roster because the team fell so short of expectations and only barely won 1 championship when they should have won at least 3 with all the cir stances they had in their favor
    Let’s break your statement down:

1. Stockpile picks: Stockpiling top picks means nothing if you don’t know how to draft. (look at the Orioles, Mariners, etc)
    2. Build an abnormally loaded roster: What does this even mean? The Yankees have built loaded rosters for years lol Buying players doesn’t work anymore. (See Rangers) you MUST build through the draft. But the goal should be to have a loaded roster, by drafting.
    3. You keep bringing up losing half the roster when the Astros keep winning and developing guys like Alvarez, Tucker, Peña because they develop starting pitching which is cheap and keeps their window open
    4. They should have 2. Last year McCullers didn’t pitch in the WS. With the way ATL got hot they weren’t winning.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    4. They should have 2. Last year McCullers didn’t pitch in the WS. With the way ATL got hot they weren’t winning.
    excuses for the winningest stretch in modern MLB history + a license to cheat yet only 1 tainted ring to show for it

the astros are almost as poorly handled as the rockets, the only difference is the astros actually hit on their high draft picks. but the downfall is inevitable, they missed their window for multiple championships, and you know it

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

"That’s why Kershaw spoke up over the weekend, noting that he really hopes the “special” Dodgers don’t end up “second fiddle” to Freeman’s old club. It seems the left-hander doesn’t entirely believe Freeman’s comfortable in his new blues; in fact, he stated plainly that, “Whenever [Freeman] gets comfortable over here, he’ll really enjoy it.”

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"That’s why Kershaw spoke up over the weekend, noting that he really hopes the “special” Dodgers don’t end up “second fiddle” to Freeman’s old club. It seems the left-hander doesn’t entirely believe Freeman’s comfortable in his new blues; in fact, he stated plainly that, “Whenever [Freeman] gets comfortable over here, he’ll really enjoy it.”
    Hate to see Freeman act out in public like this. Media will eat this up and somehow denigrate the Dodgers over it and side Freeman.

in' disaster.

Thread Information