Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine being a central face in American sports but stuck in Missouri

All this Patriots talk. That defense was nearly always elite. With a elite Coach to run it.

Oh and that division. Except for a few seasons, it was always a free pass to hosting the Divisional Round

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Really stupid trade by the Chiefs. Letting Hill play out next year when he's still dominant and probably could help them win or get to a championship is better than a bunch of mediocre draft picks. The way NFL fans fetishize the draft is pretty ing hilarious
    some teams do well by constantly stacking picks, even in middle rounds, riding the comp pick formula to sustained success (ravens/packers are the modern examples of this). its a viable formula, but does require above average drafting.

the chiefs have been pretty hit or miss in that way... we'll see what they can do with 5 extra picks. you call them mediocre, but they got a 1 and a 2. those are far from mediocre. no shot the chiefs are better off this season, but hill doesnt look like a player who will age gracefully, and he's no spring chicken. they have mahomes for 10 years and hill will start declining in a few years.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cedric Wilson, $12M 4th receiver.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Lol Miami. At least they're trying.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Chiefs just landed Marquez Valdez-Scantling. All-pro level elite talent but underutilized by a megalomaniac QB who played favorites with that other guy. MVS is just as fast as Hill and is 6'5". Basically Calvin Johnson level talent when utilized properly. The Chiefs are in good hands.

some teams do well by constantly stacking picks, even in middle rounds, riding the comp pick formula to sustained success (ravens/packers are the modern examples of this). its a viable formula, but does require above average drafting.

the chiefs have been pretty hit or miss in that way... we'll see what they can do with 5 extra picks. you call them mediocre, but they got a 1 and a 2. those are far from mediocre. no shot the chiefs are better off this season, but hill doesnt look like a player who will age gracefully, and he's no spring chicken. they have mahomes for 10 years and hill will start declining in a few years.
    Yeah, I think second round picks average like 15% chance to make a single pro bowl then it goes down to like 8% chance for a third round pick iirc. Since he's short and relies on speed he may decline quickly but them keeping him is to me it's like if Aaron Rodgers was 26 or Tom Brady was 26 and they traded a 29 overall pick and then some second and third round picks for Tyreek Hill I think it would be a steal.

Because Mahomes is young and in his prime it would be like on of those guys in their prime getting a super awesome receiver. People say he's just a deepthroat or some bull like that but a lot of his deep long TD receptions I just him getting five yard outs and then doing like a punt return type moves on the field and turning it into an 50 yard reception.

So I think his value will be higher to the chiefs since they're a contender. The Rams traded a second and a third for like half a season of von Miller and a playoff run with him and it was well worth it.

The Chiefs just landed Marquez Valdez-Scantling. All-pro level elite talent but underutilized by a megalomaniac QB who played favorites with that other guy. MVS is just as fast as Hill and is 6'5". Basically Calvin Johnson level talent when utilized properly. The Chiefs are in good hands.
    That guy does have a lot of talent but it seems laughable to assume he'll be as good as Tyreek Hill in KC but I almost root for it cuz it would make Diva playoff choker Rogers look like such a head.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think second round picks average like 15% chance to make a single pro bowl then it goes down to like 8% chance for a third round pick iirc. Since he's short and relies on speed he may decline quickly but them keeping him is to me it's like if Aaron Rodgers was 26 or Tom Brady was 26 and they traded a 29 overall pick and then some second and third round picks for Tyreek Hill I think it would be a steal.

Because Mahomes is young and in his prime it would be like on of those guys in their prime getting a super awesome receiver. People say he's just a deepthroat or some bull like that but a lot of his deep long TD receptions I just him getting five yard outs and then doing like a punt return type moves on the field and turning it into an 50 yard reception.

So I think his value will be higher to the chiefs since they're a contender. The Rams traded a second and a third for like half a season of von Miller and a playoff run with him and it was well worth it.
    pro bowler is the wrong standard to use. if you are signing even just an average established starter out of free agency you are paying several million dollars per year. having a number of starting or even good rotational players on rookie deals is a big advantage

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    pro bowler is the wrong standard to use. if you are signing even just an average established starter out of free agency you are paying several million dollars per year. having a number of starting or even good rotational players on rookie deals is a big advantage
    Bonus too if they are good special teams players and rotational players.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That guy does have a lot of talent but it seems laughable to assume he'll be as good as Tyreek Hill in KC but I almost root for it cuz it would make Diva playoff choker Rogers look like such a head.
    He is already a head, but yeah Rodgers underutilized him dramatically and rarely threw him the ball when he was wide open because Adams was available for the first down.

I guess, but the Rams just won a Super Bowl by doing the ext opposite; trading mostly middling picks (nothing top 20 in the draft iirc) for Miller, Stafford, Ramsey, et al. Would have taken one more year of Tyreek and then the third-round compensatory pick over this deal. But he made it clear he wouldn't play this year apparently so not really against this deal anymore. I am a much bigger supporter of their formula since I am not afflicted with the NFL Draft fetish that i think many fans have.

to be fair, I think Rams plan is to rig it so they rake in compensatory picks for players who they get in trades but then leave to make up the ones they lost in trades somewhat. iirc I read somewhere is how they fill out their backend depth. Signing a player takes away a compensatory pick but they seem to get multiple compensatory picks almost every year or some

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I guess, but the Rams just won a Super Bowl by doing the ext opposite; trading mostly middling picks (nothing top 20 in the draft iirc) for Miller, Stafford, Ramsey, et al. Would have taken one more year of Tyreek and then the third-round compensatory pick over this deal. But he made it clear he wouldn't play this year apparently so not really against this deal anymore. I am a much bigger supporter of their formula since I am not afflicted with the NFL Draft fetish that i think many fans have.

to be fair, I think Rams plan is to rig it so they rake in compensatory picks for players who they get in trades but then leave to make up the ones they lost in trades somewhat. iirc I read somewhere is how they fill out their backend depth. Signing a player takes away a compensatory pick but they seem to get multiple compensatory picks almost every year or some
    theres no one strategy to build a team. loading up on draft picks can work. some teams do that then light those picks on fire (raiders). others actually build a good roster (cleveland). some teams try to build up with star players/trades/free agents and it works. some try and fail

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    theres no one strategy to build a team. loading up on draft picks can work. some teams do that then light those picks on fire (raiders). others actually build a good roster (cleveland). some teams try to build up with star players/trades/free agents and it works. some try and fail
    & then proceed to tear it all apart because their 1st overall QB was a bust so they mortgaged their entire future for a quarterback who might get suspended

Thread Information