Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.pcgamer.com/zelda-ocarin...rt-is-out-now/
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time fan-made PC port is out now
    By Shaun Prescott published about 19 hours ago

It features HD graphics, keyboard support, widescreen options, and more.

Nearly 25 years since its original release, Zelda: Ocarina of Time finally has a PC port. Called Ship of Harkinian, the port uses reverse-engineered code created by the aptly led Zelda Reverse Engineering Team, while also adding a bunch of new features and improvements befitting a PC debut. It arrives weeks before its scheduled April release window.

New features include HD graphics and widescreen support. It'll play nice with both keyboard and controller, and the latter has rumble and gyroscope functionality. Oh, and modding is in too. In its announcement, the creators of Ship of Harkinian—known as Harbour Masters—also promised forthcoming support for 60fps, text-to-speech, twin-stick camera controls, HD models and audio, and more.

While the port is based on reverse-engineered code, you're going to need a "legally sourced ROM" to play it. While the code is legal—it was created independently and does not belong to Nintendo, per se—using assets created by Nintendo definitely is, hence the ROM requirement.

The team issued a video today explaining the roll-out and its features. There's some neat footage towards the end of the video, showing an emphatically more fluid version of Ocarina of Time. While 60fps isn't supported just yet, it sure is nice to see this game running at more than 20fps.

To download Ship of Harkinian you can grab the link from the project's official Discord server. Other forthcoming features include Linux and Mac support, a scripting system, easter eggs, "visual feedback" and the ability to use your own texture packs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this ends up getting 60 fps and modern twin stick controls like the Super Mario 64 port. Tried playing this yesterday and the 20 fps was jarring as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought an N64 8 years ago and played OoT. Still have the cartridge.
    6'2" and built like a bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superman plays video games too . U tilting though.
    Superman is a ing made up comic book character you ing child. You ain't bro and you ing know it you stupid ing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Henry Cavill you dumb .
    Who? IDGAF about your childish nerd bro. You're a ing pussy an.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Henry Cavill you dumb .
    You really should put calftats on ignore. He's a ing re always playing tough online and trying to start with people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really should put calftats on ignore. He's a ing re always playing tough online and trying to start with people.
    Then he'll come in here and quote us and talk as if we're his friends, and we're not all actually on his E-Hate/Kill list. What a ing weirdo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up crybaby... Go cry some more to the mods you old nerd.

Dude is stuck in the 90s.
    Lol 6'2" and playing Zelda... HAHAHAHA you're such a puto!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he'll come in here and quote us and talk as if we're his friends, and we're not all actually on his E-Hate/Kill list. What a ing weirdo.
    Yall aren't my friends and never would I want yall to be. I hate pussies like you and the others in here bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news...scores-3139465

Jarrett Allen is 7'0 athlete and apparently loves Zelda. not sure what height has to do with enjoying a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news...scores-3139465

Jarrett Allen is 7'0 athlete and apparently loves Zelda. not sure what height has to do with enjoying a game
    Jack your buddy off some more puto!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol butthurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waste of time trying to have a conversation with joey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I know. Not interested in having an actual conversation with that re just pointing out how dumb his "logic" is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    koriwhat trolling on easy mode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butthurt over what exactly you nerdy little girls playing yall's nerdy little games? Losers!

Bro it looks like you have plenty of time considering how much you waste on children's games instead of tending to your family old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I know. Not interested in having an actual conversation with that re just pointing out how dumb his "logic" is
    My logic is dumb? I deal with putos here daily who claim to have come to my shop, that they're hood and live in oak cliff, say they're 6'2", etc when yall ain't but nerds playing kid games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get off my nuts already got. And quit pretending to be Mexican you pasty ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get off my nuts already got. And quit pretending to be Mexican you pasty ass
    Calftats will never stop whining to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calftats will never stop whining to you
    "Idgaf what you think! Now let me make the same whiny made post I've posted 30k times before to show you how much idgaf!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Idgaf what you think! Now let me make the same whiny made post I've posted 30k times before to show you how much idgaf!"
    Go back to your little kid girly games bro.

You pussies are all the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man they have made huge progress on this. The newest version of this can run Ocarina of Time at whatever framerate you set it at and is pretty smooth at 60 fps and you can do like speed up the text, which was painfully slow on the N64 original.

https://github.com/HarbourMasters/Shipwright

Gotta jump through a couple of hoops like going on their Discord to download the program and then track down a specific European Gamecube version of the rom, though it's easy to find by googling the SHA1 hash in the readme for the file you download from the Discord link they give you in the Github link above.

Get in here spurraider21 man since I know you're a big N64 fan, this is an amazing way to play Ocarina of Time if you have a PC and a controller, won't need anything high end whatsoever. I'd be a little surprised if even a budget laptop couldn't play this pretty well considering it's a native PC port of an N64 game, not emulation or anything.

There is also an amazing PC port of Super Mario 64 that you can run at 60 fps and can be very faithful to the original or you can dual stick control like a modern game if you prefer.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-08-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Thread Information