Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is such wuss. I've watched him play in person a few times when he was in NO, and he used to get so much attention from trainers over the course of a game. He gets a lot of owies during games that don't get the attention of the cameras. I'm surprised they don't have his mom sitting on the sideline to kiss every boo-boo during time outs.
    Zach Lowe or Simmons made the point on a pod that stuck with me: the three bigs in the running for MVP now are this dude’s peer group. Amazing that there is such a huge drop off between this guys (at top 75 player) and any of those three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddammit. Spurs are winning Saturday.

Last edited by BatManu20; 04-09-2022 at 01:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddammit. Spurs are winning Saturday.

It's gonna get rescinded imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna get rescinded imo.
    After seeing the reply of what happened, I think you might be right. Hope so cause that was pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic technical has in fact been rescinded; he'll be playing tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis dropped 55 in the third on the Pelicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a great point. Maybe trade them for future firsts?
    That's not a problem. So far they're stockpiling assets and rolling the dice in the draft. Once they've acquired enough talent and their core has mature enough, they use the remaining picks to get them whatever pieces are missing and they're set for over a decade. They have the patience, the brains and the shamelessness to pull it off. And I hope that once they are there, they all bolt and it goes down in flames like it happened with their last superstar core (KD, Harden, etc.).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a problem. So far they're stockpiling assets and rolling the dice in the draft. Once they've acquired enough talent and their core has mature enough, they use the remaining picks to get them whatever pieces are missing and they're set for over a decade. They have the patience, the brains and the shamelessness to pull it off. And I hope that once they are there, they all bolt and it goes down in flames like it happened with their last superstar core (KD, Harden, etc.).
    It’s gone on too long. They’re used to losing, and being expected to lose. That’s a difficult stench to wash off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s gone on too long. They’re used to losing, and being expected to lose. That’s a difficult stench to wash off.
    I agree. But that's what they're going for, and there aren't many ways to prevent that it the short term. But long term it's definitely harmful, since players are not pawns and I doubt many stars would feel comfortable with Presti's games, jumping along as he's pulling their strings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose against the Mavs (but avoid a blowout) and the Spurs will be tied for the worst record of any team with a positive point differential on the season. Ever.

A lot better than their record. Whatever happens the rest of the way, the future is bright. And maybe lotto balls will fall the right way after the loss to NO or Minny/LA.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose against the Mavs (but avoid a blowout) and the Spurs will be tied for the worst record of any team with a positive point differential on the season. Ever.
    What a stat.

The Spurs were +26 on the season coming into tonight, and are now at +20: 9159 points scored, 9139 allowed.

With Doncic back and every incentive to lose, though, the Spurs very well could end up being blown out by more than 20. But if the end of the bench can fight like they did tonight they could easily keep it close enough to keep the season-long differential positive.

I think the fact that the Spurs have played better than their record would indicate is a great omen for next season. Add in a top 10 pick, a couple more firsts in the 20-25 range, and maybe a decent FA splash and the Spurs have real potential to challenge for a top 6 seed next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they just make a transition foul 1+ the ball, we’ll be WAY better next year. Our pace was like 3rd or 4th in the league this year, but too many breaks were stopped by cheap fouls. Oh, an my final tweak to the rule would be that anyone on the floor can be the FT shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they just make a transition foul 1+ the ball, we’ll be WAY better next year. Our pace was like 3rd or 4th in the league this year, but too many breaks were stopped by cheap fouls. Oh, an my final tweak to the rule would be that anyone on the floor can be the FT shooter.
    All teams suffer from these, they'll probably change the rule.

The biggest imbalance this season has been that Spurs are 2nd in points in the paint but bottom 5 in free throw attempts. A little more respect from the refs would go a long way.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All teams suffer from these, they'll probably change the rule.

The biggest imbalance this season has been that Spurs are 2nd in points in the paint but bottom 5 in free throw attempts. A little more respect from the refs would go a long way.
    They are also a fairly poor team from the line as a whole. Coaching stressing free throws in camp and preseason would be a help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mission accomplished, Spurs, now it's time to rest for the play-in (you can't call it tanking because they've already accomplished their play-in goal and, anyway, I hate tanking).

If the Spurs lose their last three games, they'll finish no worse than 9th in lottery position (with an extremely outside chance at 8th).

If they win some games they could finish as low as 12th in lottery position -- that's a three position swing. To quantify it, the 9th team has a 20.2% chance at a top 4 pick; the 12th team has a 7.2% chance. That's an actual 13% increase in your chances from 12th to 9th position (or as Zeus might say, an almost 200% increase).

Right now, they're in the sweet spot. They need to stay there.
    We did it Spurs!

There are no ties, no coin flips, no worries.

The Spurs are in sole possession of the 9th lottery spot -- a 20.2% chance for a top four pick. No ifs, ands, or buts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did it Spurs!

The Spurs are in sole possession of the 9th lottery spot -- a 20.2% chance for a top four pick. No ifs, ands, or buts.
    Actually, that's ONLY IF the Spurs lose the play in. If they beat NO & Minny/Clippers, they pick at 15. That's as big an if as I could think of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did it Spurs!

Unless we win the next two games, in which case, we'll pick 15th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we win the next two games, in which case, we'll pick 15th.
    Not to repeat something that goes without saying but . . .

Thread Information