Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you don't want to pay for burial or cremation?

It looks like cremation costs about $1000. What happens if the heirs just say, " it, you keep the body"?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you don't want to pay for burial or cremation?

It looks like cremation costs about $1000. What happens if the heirs just say, " it, you keep the body"?
    There's cemeteries and crematories for those who can't afford a funeral, missing family, etc... My old boxing instructor used to work at one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's cemeteries and crematories for those who can't afford a funeral, missing family, etc... My old boxing instructor used to work at one.
    So if you tell them to cremate, can you then go pick up the ashes? Or is it some deal where they just throw a bunch of bodies in at once?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So if you tell them to cremate, can you then go pick up the ashes? Or is it some deal where they just throw a bunch of bodies in at once?
    I don't know the logistics exactly but I have a feeling it's more for those who have no one at all and no $.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know the logistics exactly but I have a feeling it's more for those who have no one at all and no $.
    It's just something that popped in my head. Paying for a burial and a box that's gong into the ground strikes me as a little ridiculous. So there's cremation which isn't super expensive. But it's still weird to me to have to put that cost on someone else. Although I guess that's their choice at that time. Was just wondering what if someone dies and no one came up with any money.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    just feed it to animals tbh or donate it to science

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's just something that popped in my head. Paying for a burial and a box that's gong into the ground strikes me as a little ridiculous. So there's cremation which isn't super expensive. But it's still weird to me to have to put that cost on someone else. Although I guess that's their choice at that time. Was just wondering what if someone dies and no one came up with any money.
    If no one came up with the $ they'd probably be cremated and or put in the ground at a similar cemetery as the one my boxing instructor worked at I would think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm pretty sure the county takes possession of the remains and either buries or creamates, whichever is more cost effective. But the family (if there is any) will have no say in anything at that point.

But a quick Google search shows that your family can apply for government assistance with funeral expenses if they cannot afford it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10713629[/URL]]I'm pretty sure the county takes possession of the remains and either buries or creamates, whichever is more cost effective. But the family (if there is any) will have no say in anything at that point.

But a quick Google search shows that your family can apply for government assistance with funeral expenses if they cannot afford it.
    It seems a little crazy. So I can either pay for cremation or just tell the authorities, “it’s cool…just take the body”. But now that I’m thinking about it, I’m pretty sure at that point, it’s some kind of mass cremation. That would the most cost effective. So if one went that route, they’d never be able to pick up ashes that were definitively their loved one.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Why don't they legalize full body organ donations? As an alternative to suicide which is technically suicide by doctor but it saves the lives of many others plus donates the brain to science. If you're young and healthy but going nowhere in life and really don't want to live, this should be a legal option.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It seems a little crazy. So I can either pay for cremation or just tell the authorities, “it’s cool…just take the body”. But now that I’m thinking about it, I’m pretty sure at that point, it’s some kind of mass cremation. That would the most cost effective. So if one went that route, they’d never be able to pick up ashes that were definitively their loved one.
    The executor of "the body" will have to pay the funeral home from the estate. If "the body" is a complete loser with no assets then the govt will pay the funeral home.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Thread Information