Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yay article! but no projections?

thanks for the article though. Valancuinas with 23 and 23 last year? geez. hopefully thats not a repeat.

this is this teams first whiff of a playoff type game, we'll see how they handle it. on the road no less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice points.
    Spurs might need all 5 to hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TIMVP back to silence the haters.

Jak is the biggest X factor here. He will have to deal with JV, and CJ when he gets to the rack. From what I can see Ingram’s game status is up in the air.

I’m seeing +5.5 for NO but this game is a toss up to me but for us this game will be lost or won on the defensive end. Please start J Rich instead of Primo.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Matchup #6

Spurs Talk vs Pelicans Report

like SpursTalk, there's seems to be far more conversation on Pelicans Report lol-ing at the ty Lakers than about the play-in game.

https://www.pelicansreport.com/

Their fanbase also likes to weigh the pros and cons of losing a play-in game and getting a better draft pick vs making the playoffs.

Not nearly as much posting, anti-semitism, mocking of the site owner, etc.

Advantage: Spurs Talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gratuitous shot in the opening paragraph alone is worth clicking on the article. Also, San Antonio was in the play-in last year? Wonder how that fact totally escapes me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is gonna get destroyed by Valancunias again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gut feeling is that Lonnie's back injury tightens up and ends up missing a large chunk of the game.

Landale played key minutes in the last victory against N.O, hope he's given an opportunity to impact the game tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TIMVP back to silence the haters.

Jak is the biggest X factor here. He will have to deal with JV, and CJ when he gets to the rack. From what I can see Ingram’s game status is up in the air.

I’m seeing +5.5 for NO but this game is a toss up to me but for us this game will be lost or won on the defensive end. Please start J Rich instead of Primo.
    We need J Rich to come off the bench to lead that unit imo, I don't trust Lonnie whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie Walker vs the Pelicans Bench? What about Richardson? He has been a more consistent bench performer than Walker. In fact, I think Richardson will have a starter role type impact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Matchup #6

like SpursTalk, there's seems to be far more conversation on Pelicans Report lol-ing at the ty Lakers than about the play-in game.

Their fanbase also likes to weigh the pros and cons of losing a play-in game and getting a better draft pick vs making the playoffs.

Nice

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I read this article, and see how this roster compares to the 36-46 Pelicans, it makes me re-think everything. It's sad to think that the Spurs have to over-achieve to beat them.

Good to see you back on the forum, LJ. At least you gave me some hope that the Spurs aren't likely to play their way out of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alabama rookie vs Alabama rookie is a good story but Herb Jones has been an otherworldly defender this season and is in the discussion for best wing defender in the league, even as a rookie. I don't think the Pelicans use him to guard Primo, who's one of San Antonio's least effective threats at this point. I'd bet Herb starts or at least sees significant time on Dejounte and Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Matchup #6

Not as much second degree and self-derision as well, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how the Spurs used Collins and Landale together in the second unit late in the season, until Jock rolled his ankle. Our team seemed to be rolling with that twosome in the rotation. Our bench really needs to be the X-factor tonight, because we should have the better second unit than the Pels. That's a battle we need to clearly win.

I think if Murray can play at a high level and we don't go totally cold from the outside, we stand a decent chance in this one. This is just a team where every single player has to contribute and play decently well in order to give us a chance to win. One guy stinking it up on our roster can really mess up the entire recipe. We don't have a single superstar who can carry the rest of the group to victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Matchup #6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great points all around!

My big question is how tight will Pop's rotation be? Historically, he likes an 8-9 player rotation for a playoff game.
    This squad is very different. I really wonder about Primo's minutes. My hope is that Pop let's the dog's out and our bench shines enough to overcome the CJ/JV duo.
    Richardson, Collins, and another bench performer will be huge to win imho.

Go Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Pels Go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Val-Hayes-Ingram is too long. I think Pop should play KBD(or Landale) in the PF position and slide Keldon to SF. It’s not going to happen, but a wishful thinking. I’m somewhat wishing that our frontcourt get embarrassed and PATFO finally address the gaping defensive hole in the PF/C position. Keldon playing great will be a fools gold at this point, imo. That said, I still wish our guys the best. They have a chance to win this. And Clips losing to KAT last night, Spurs got uva real chance of getting in the playoffs. (Damn if they do and missed out on a lottery pick just to get tossed around in the 1st round)

DJM = McCollum
    Primo > Jones
    Vassell < Ingram
    Keldon > Hayes
    Poeltl =< Val

Lonnie, J-Rich, Zollins > Pelicans bench
    Pop >>>> Pel entire coaching staff
    Away record >= Home crowd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Primo won’t be matched up with Jones and he isn’t even the 10th best player on our own team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl =< Val

WTF? Historically, the record is Val >> Poeltl. As in Val eats him for breakfast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Primo won’t be matched up with Jones and he isn’t even the 10th best player on our own team.
    I’m replying to Timvp’s post where he has Primo matching with Jones. I would put Vassell on Jones, and J-Rich on Ingram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? Historically, the record is Val >> Poeltl. As in Val eats him for breakfast.
    I’m not a big fan of Poeltl especially defensively. But he has shown improvements this year. I’m still giving Val the edge with Poeltl a chance to probably neutralizing each other, hence =<

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Val-Hayes-Ingram is too long. I think Pop should play KBD(or Landale) in the PF position and slide Keldon to SF. It’s not going to happen, but a wishful thinking. I’m somewhat wishing that our frontcourt get embarrassed and PATFO finally address the gaping defensive hole in the PF/C position. Keldon playing great will be a fools gold at this point, imo. That said, I still wish our guys the best. They have a chance to win this. And Clips losing to KAT last night, Spurs got uva real chance of getting in the playoffs. (Damn if they do and missed out on a lottery pick just to get tossed around in the 1st round)

DJM = McCollum
    Primo > Jones
    Vassell < Ingram
    Keldon > Hayes
    Poeltl =< Val

Lonnie, J-Rich, Zollins > Pelicans bench
    Pop >>>> Pel entire coaching staff
    Away record >= Home crowd

How is Primo better than Herb Jones this year? I can see an argument for him being better in the future, but this year? Jones is the better defender by far, and is having a better shooting year than Primo on both 3pt and 2pt attempts. There's no way you can objectively say Primo had a better year than Jones.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Primo better than Herb Jones this year? I can see an argument for him being better in the future, but this year? Jones is the better defender by far, and is having a better shooting year than Primo on both 3pt and 2pt attempts. There's no way you can objectively say Primo had a better year than Jones.
    I agree. There's a good chance Primo will be better in 4 years than Herb is now, but this season Herb has definitely been better.

Thread Information