Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if nash is as good as his b2b mvp suggests but he was one of the most unguardable players in his prime. His shooting was off the charts and coupled with his passing it’s just extremely difficult to handle him. Sure the suns had quite a bit of offensive talent but nash made them all better.

He is harder to build around due to his defensive shortcomings but if they could build a switching defensive system to hide his weakness on that end they could be a decent defensive team as nash actually tried on defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t know if nash is as good as his b2b mvp suggests but he was one of the most unguardable players in his prime. His shooting was off the charts and coupled with his passing it’s just extremely difficult to handle him. Sure the suns had quite a bit of offensive talent but nash made them all better.

He is harder to build around due to his defensive shortcomings but if they could build a switching defensive system to hide his weakness on that end they could be a decent defensive team as nash actually tried on defense.
    Had a great handle too
    I do think he a bit of a playoff letdown but dude was a problem and Warriors owe Nash era suns for their blueprint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a great handle too
    I do think he a bit of a playoff letdown but dude was a problem and Warriors owe Nash era suns for their blueprint
    The beautiful game Spurs as well. The execution was different where D'antoni's offence was mostly centred around a ball-dominant high usage rate PG and the Spurs moved the ball around a lot, but the idea of having a spread out offence and whipping the ball all over the court is similar in principle. I have said it many times before but as much as we like to make fun of D'antoni, he does deserve credit for shaping the game it is today where the offensive set up is essentially unguardable with the right players, Nash was the perfect player to bring that offence into fruition.

Thread Information