Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Love it. G5 is the biggest winner in the new system. You no longer have to have a multi year run and for the stars to allign with other bluebloods faltering like they did for Cincinnati to get in. That sixth highest ranked conference champ will be a G5 every single year. That's awesome for those ~75 fanbases and programs. I honestly didn't think it would happen so soon or even ever, tbh.
    Yeah I can't believe they jumped to 12 this fast since just getting to four took a millennium

Yeah I can't believe they jumped to 12 this fast since just getting to four took a millennium
    Money and hype.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol USC
    Good
    Lol USC

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol USC
    Good
    Lol USC
    Run it up
    Screw USC

TCU and USC both choke their conference le games.

Does that mean Ohio State and Bama automatically move up to 3-4?
    Oh yay that would be two big ten schools and two sec schools. Just like Big Media wants
    It's happening.
    Rather it's 1/2 way there.
    Utah hammered USC in the 4th.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's happening.
    Rather it's 1/2 way there.
    Utah hammered USC in the 4th.
    Its a good situation being out of your conference championship with 1 loss in power 5.
    I hope when the 12 team playoff starts the so called conference championships are altered.
    A tournament right before a tournament next up like bball? God I hope not.

Ohio St getting absolutely annihilated by Michigan at home with Michigan w/out their best RB…. Please No. no Ohio st.

This is the problem with inflexible playoffs. Where subjective judgements are made. (No matter how hard they try to involve objective math based system)

They should be able to alter the tournament numbers based on the reg season and the conf championship (if you must have them)

ex. Michigan and Georgia win their conf championship and TCU loses.
    Nat championship: Georgia v. Michigan. All 3 win, 2 game round robin. (All end up 1-1, point based winner)

If USC won... One bracket 4 team tourney.

This way not only could you have fans screaming about their team not getting in; you could have the added bonus of everyone screaming about how the tourney format for THAT PARTICULAR year screws their team despite getting in. Lets have some fun with this.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    SC and TCU fall

Ohio State moves up to #3 and gets a rematch with Michigan

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    TCU and USC both choke their conference le games.

Does that mean Ohio State and Bama automatically move up to 3-4?
    TCU lost in OT. They will fall to #4 but remain ahead of 2-loss teams.

Even tho i won't agree with the voters on TCU, i think the difference between a 28-20 loss and subsequent KState choke in regulation will get TCU the sympathy vote.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I dunno. I think it's possible that TCU falls to 5. Big media really wants Bama in there. Who knows tho. I hope TCU stays at four

I dunno. I think it's possible that TCU falls to 5. Big media really wants Bama in there. Who knows tho. I hope TCU stays at four
    It's honestly a tough call.
    Bama loses road games to then #1 Tenn 52-49 on a fg that fell slightly short. Next 32-31 @ LSU.
    Prior years for Bama should not be figured in. "Oh they've been there so many times, we have to give it to Lil Engine that could TCU."
    I do think by forcing OT and not getting beat by 8 in regulation it gets TCU a lot more of the sniffle votes.
    TCU has to be sick about not getting it on on 3rd and 4th and goal from the 1.

Looking forward to the long overdue 12 team format.

Its a good situation being out of your conference championship with 1 loss in power 5.
    I hope when the 12 team playoff starts the so called conference championships are altered.
    A tournament right before a tournament next up like bball? God I hope not.

Ohio St getting absolutely annihilated by Michigan at home with Michigan w/out their best RB…. Please No. no Ohio st.

This is the problem with inflexible playoffs. Where subjective judgements are made. (No matter how hard they try to involve objective math based system)

They should be able to alter the tournament numbers based on the reg season and the conf championship (if you must have them)

ex. Michigan and Georgia win their conf championship and TCU loses.
    Nat championship: Georgia v. Michigan. All 3 win, 2 game round robin. (All end up 1-1, point based winner)

If USC won... One bracket 4 team tourney.

This way not only could you have fans screaming about their team not getting in; you could have the added bonus of everyone screaming about how the tourney format for THAT PARTICULAR year screws their team despite getting in. Lets have some fun with this.
    Good points all.
    Including how some years the Conf Championship game has a far better loser then other Confs *Championship* team.

Looking fwd to the long overdue 12 team format. While it will still undoubtedly screw some teams one way or another, serious doubt a potential National Champion will be kept out of the tourney at #13.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Rofl Tech actually now has legitimate more shots at a playoff berth thanks to OU and UT leaving. Hopefully Tech never gets invited to the SEC to become the South Carolina of the West

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    If Bama won the SECCG today then I would certainly expect them to jump TCU. But they are just sitting at home, would totally reek of reputation bias.

Post Count
    Even if TCU stays at number 4, they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs. They couldn't beat K-State in DFW and now they're going to hang with Georgia? I don't think so.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Even if TCU stays at number 4, they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs. They couldn't beat K-State in DFW and now they're going to hang with Georgia? I don't think so.
    Their defense is trash. They have no shot at winning against any of the other three teams. Honestly from a non homer stance Texas would have a better chance than TCU

Post Count
    Their defense is trash. They have no shot at winning against any of the other three teams. Honestly from a non homer stance Texas would have a better chance than TCU
    TCU's offense is mediocre too -- it's just that they have found ways to score against a terrible terrible Big XII conference that is easily the worst "major" conference in college football.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Rofl Tech actually now has legitimate more shots at a playoff berth thanks to OU and UT leaving. Hopefully Tech never gets invited to the SEC to become the South Carolina of the West
    rofl I'd myself if Tech ever snuck in as a "cinderella" team in this 12-team format and got to watch them get plowed by Alabama tbh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And UT and OU much less of a shot if they can’t get better than they were this year.
    Overall the Big 12 was much better throughout this year imo. Possibly skewed because UT was so horribly inconsistent and OU was just bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Michigan wins their game we should have a two team playoff.

Georgia v. Michigan

Simples…

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU's offense is mediocre too -- it's just that they have found ways to score against a terrible terrible Big XII conference that is easily the worst "major" conference in college football.
    I would go ACC

Its possible there was more parity the whole way around this year.
    Big 12 definitely not great but who was… SEC with Bama taking a big step down made others look good possibly.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    PAC 16 is pretty ty, tbh

Post Count
    Coach PrimeTime breaks the news. Never seen a video of a coach doing this made for the public.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    u must not watch cfb outside of texas games.......the little12 is a top tier conference its the 2nd rated conference in football.........the rankings r sec/little12/b1o/pac12/acc

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Coach PrimeTime breaks the news. Never seen a video of a coach doing this made for the public.

I don't think he's a bad person but he's full of

Colorado is an interesting landing spot. I grew up with the Buffaloes being on the cusp of National le games. Boulder was one of the most popular out of State schools for my classmates. The state as a whole is probably even more "West Coast" than ever before with large amounts of Californians relocating there. But the Pac is approaching uncertain times. Does Deion have the same pull in California recruiting as he does in the South?

I think he'll be successful but I don't envision competing for Conference les. Colorado has a bit of work needed and I think Deion will move onto the next job by then.

Thread Information