Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The stupid thing is Texas thinking they need the SEC to make tons of money. Almost the same thing with OU.

I think there's a prestige thing mixed in there tho.... which is pretty dumb considering the SEC wasn't really that big a deal 20 years ago. It's all cyclical.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The stupid thing is Texas thinking they need the SEC to make tons of money. Almost the same thing with OU.

I think there's a prestige thing mixed in there tho.... which is pretty dumb considering the SEC wasn't really that big a deal 20 years ago. It's all cyclical.
    No, but the SEC will be in the drivers seat for big money broadcast negotiations in the future. If further consolidation happens, they will be one of the conferences taking teams in, not losing them.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT now spends the most money on sports programs since Del Conte took over.
    UT wins that trophy (Directors cup?) for two years in a row that Stanford won almost every year for overall sports performance. Stanford won it again in 2023
    The athletic director before Del Conte tried to save money for the school instead of building massive structures and practice facilities.

The sports is good. The academics is good for a public university. Austin... lots of things going for UT. So the failures in football is not pleasant. Getting to the level of Jearah Jones and the Dallas Cowboys.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No, but the SEC will be in the drivers seat for big money broadcast negotiations in the future. If further consolidation happens, they will be one of the conferences taking teams in, not losing them.
    Yeah they and the Big are taking turns swallowing up the top TV market teams across the country.

UT could have stayed in their own car in the driver seat. I seriously think they should have gone independent and got their own mega Notre Dame type deal with ABC or Fox. But that's gone now. Just another team in the SEC sharing money with Vanderbilt.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Here we go again

The Seminoles have no chance

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    UT now spends the most money on sports programs since Del Conte took over.
    UT wins that trophy (Directors cup?) for two years in a row that Stanford won almost every year for overall sports performance. Stanford won it again in 2023
    The athletic director before Del Conte tried to save money for the school instead of building massive structures and practice facilities.

The sports is good. The academics is good for a public university. Austin... lots of things going for UT. So the failures in football is not pleasant. Getting to the level of Jearah Jones and the Dallas Cowboys.
    meanwhile, aggies can't even hire a black female to restart a journalism department without checking to see if its klan alumni donors are okay with it.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    colorado is leaving pac.........

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    colorado is leaving pac.........

That'd be a win for both CU and the Big 12.

If true, probably the first domino to fall. The Arizona schools I think are gonna be next.

The big hopefuls tho are Washington and Oregon who I know are sitting waiting for their Big10+10 invite. They can't afford to wait too long tho or they'll be losing money staying in the Pac

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

If true, probably the first domino to fall. The Arizona schools I think are gonna be next.

The big hopefuls tho are Washington and Oregon who I know are sitting waiting for their Big10+10 invite. They can't afford to wait too long tho or they'll be losing money staying in the Pac
    dominos r beginning to fall.........

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Damn what happens to the Pac12? If Oregon and Washington get poached the Pac12 doesn't look much better, if at all, than the AAC, imho.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Damn what happens to the Pac12? If Oregon and Washington get poached the Pac12 doesn't look much better, if at all, than the AAC, imho.
    would pac12 champions still get an auto berth to the new playoff.......

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    dominos r beginning to fall.........
    I don't think anyone is surprised at anything any more. I guess he's referring to Stanford but I don't see how they don't end up in the big ten

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

As soon as USC and UCLA left they were finished

Post Count

CU is a pretty unexciting addition but if it means the PAC has more wanting to defect then it could get really good for Big XII.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    the death knell is upon the pac 12; i really can't see them keeping the other schools from jumping ship.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Conference of Champions my ass

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    CU is a pretty unexciting addition but if it means the PAC has more wanting to defect then it could get really good for Big XII.
    Arizona schools plus Utah would be ok, and as soon as the Cali schools left, I figured were a no brainer to be in the big 12+

Stanford, Washington and Oregon move the needle tho...

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Would the Big12 even want Colorado back if Deion hadnt gone there?

Imo, he's a gimmick and is gonna suck so kinda dumb to bank on one guy like that.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Would the Big12 even want Colorado back if Deion hadnt gone there?

Imo, he's a gimmick and is gonna suck so kinda dumb to bank on one guy like that.
    yes.......colorado is a major market.......

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FSU tired of playing second fiddle to Clemson

Post Count
    Colorado is a major market but the University of Colorado is a bit player there. They aren't the Denver Broncos. That said, you still take them. And now it looks like Arizona is going to bail and go to the Big 12 too. Gonna be a of a basketball conference though football is what drives the big money.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Colorado is a major market but the University of Colorado is a bit player there. They aren't the Denver Broncos. That said, you still take them. And now it looks like Arizona is going to bail and go to the Big 12 too. Gonna be a of a basketball conference though football is what drives the big money.
    Doesn't matter. Denver is still a top twenty TV market. Why do you think the Big10 added Rutgers?

Thread Information