Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    asu & utah dont want to move to little12 but r going to be forced to........asu president trying everything to prevent the move........

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Circus

Dunno why Aztecs didn't make a jump. Think it was over 5-10M

FSU & Clemson will eventually end up in the SEC. I think UNC & Miami go Big10. Not sure bout Duke. Seems the Big10 has and will continue to prioritize Basketball in comparison to SEC

Sad some historic American College rivalries will die. Atleast I grew up and enjoyed the glory days.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    SEC insists it's fine with just 16 teams for the time but time will tell. the biggest obstacle for both FSU and Clemson are there enormous exit fees and legal obstacles.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    asu & utah dont want to move to little12 but r going to be forced to........asu president trying everything to prevent the move........

Ehh was holding on to the slightest bit of hope they'd go big 12 but knew they'd go big 10 from the get go. Only makes sense to help out UCLA and USC with their travels.

ASU and Utah lol you, you don't have a choice. Get over here with the bench warmer 12.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Circus

Dunno why Aztecs didn't make a jump. Think it was over 5-10M

FSU & Clemson will eventually end up in the SEC. I think UNC & Miami go Big10. Not sure bout Duke. Seems the Big10 has and will continue to prioritize Basketball in comparison to SEC

Sad some historic American College rivalries will die. Atleast I grew up and enjoyed the glory days.
    Duke and UNC would be good adds for the big 12 if they can get em. The landscape now belongs to the big 10 to pick and choose any school left in the Pac and ACC. And the Big 12 will be there for the rest. Crazy.

Post Count
    Doesn't matter. Denver is still a top twenty TV market. Why do you think the Big10 added Rutgers?
    Because they wanted to market themselves more to the NY/NJ region but it was a mistake that has only brought the fan base Rutgers itself already had which wasn't that great.

Post Count
    It's actually kind of sad to see the PAC totally collapse if that's what's going to happen. Maybe it merges with the Mountain West or something?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Because they wanted to market themselves more to the NY/NJ region but it was a mistake that has only brought the fan base Rutgers itself already had which wasn't that great.
    Delaney:

"....Delany: We have all of our studies done internally. But since we screwed up the Penn State approach, and since we screwed up by being transparent, we kind of combined opaqueness by keeping it private with internal collaboration. So everybody knew what was going on that needed to know. And we took Maryland and Rutgers.

That was a reaction in part to the idea that we need to be in two regions. Because the way I was doing this, it was consolidation for media purposes, but it had to meet the standard of AAU in a contiguous state. While Nebraska didn’t have many TV homes and had a big brand, you would say that Maryland and Rutgers didn’t have the Nebraska brand. But they had good brands and had good academics and they were in the most densely populated area of the country, albeit a pro sports area primarily, but you don’t need to get 10 percent; you just need to get 2 percent......"

https://theathletic.com/4676257/2023...nt-jim-delany/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FSU tired of playing second fiddle to Clemson
    Good job Frosty not taking the bait.
    I chummed the water looking for a FSU bite.
    But no

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    pac12 has 4 teams left..........mwc teams have $30 million exit fee..........pac wont be adding mwc teams........who can they add.......

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Good job Frosty not taking the bait.
    I chummed the water looking for a FSU bite.
    But no
    Haha yah at the moment it's like playing little step brother to Gators. Clemson has the same dreams as us

The FSU vs UNC AD. I agree with both. Seminoles earning half the revenue of Rutgers/Vandy is hampering the program and without changes would possibly sink it nationally

UNC is saying keep it in house. This hurts the brand. Honor your contract.

The issue here is the dead weights in these big conferences. Ideally there is a new League created with only powers. Big10 especially over expanded with questionable programs like Nebraska even.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wild tbh. Crazy to think the Pac will be no more.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

In the early 2000s, Pac10 & ACC arguably had the brightest futures. Pac was regularly embarrassing Big10 on the gridiron and ACC had just added Miami & Vtech (3 le appearances in the previous 5 years).

Video killed the radio star. And it did the same to these Conferences.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is all pretty damn interesting.
    Its only fall practice and all this is happening.
    If I really liked the old college football like pop-sickle I would probably be sad.

Its not that I like the new situation with conference decimation, NIL, and the transfer portal. It is just really hard to predict where this is all going so its kind of fun.
    The college presidents, alumni and ADs are now getting uncomfortable with a lot of this so expect some rule alterations. they are not even alterations as the rules are not clear to begin with.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

In the early 2000s, Pac10 & ACC arguably had the brightest futures. Pac was regularly embarrassing Big10 on the gridiron and ACC had just added Miami & Vtech (3 le appearances in the previous 5 years).

Video killed the radio star. And it did the same to these Conferences.
    UT was never really fond of moving West and they wouldn't budge on the Longhorn Network. I think the horns still would leave the PAC had they joined.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Next time someone cracks joke bout FSU kickers. Janikowski

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Sometime like a decade ago, when the football talking heads were trying to move on from the BCS, there were rumblings that college football was moving towards four super conferences of 16 teams each. Feels like that’s what’s kind of happening now. But it’s disorganized and chaotic because schools are scrambling and just jumping off and jumping on in reaction to other programs.

Even 16 teams per conference felt like too many especially for football because you simply can’t play 15 other teams a season. Schedules will never be balanced. Now some of these conferences are goin 18, 20 deep. Maybe more.

A four super conference format kind of made sense. But there will be logistical problems and growing pains with that as well. Will it really be two big boy conferences and the other two full of have-nots left over from the former Power 5 conferences? Geography has been blown all to with what the Big Ten is doing. How does it affect the playoffs now that SEC and B1G traditional powers may have 1 or 2 losses because they have other big boy programs they have to play in the conference schedule?

It’s some wild times in college football right now.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I personal feel conference realignment has become a joke. How can you have a conference foe that is 1500 miles away? LOL..........I can see this whole thing not working in the long run. Teams will start complaining about travel and the affect it has on the teams and student athletes. Not only that, but the fan bases as well. There is no way in I can afford to go watch a conference game 1000-2000 miles away. I guess TV is the only answer to that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sometime like a decade ago, when the football talking heads were trying to move on from the BCS, there were rumblings that college football was moving towards four super conferences of 16 teams each. Feels like that’s what’s kind of happening now. But it’s disorganized and chaotic because schools are scrambling and just jumping off and jumping on in reaction to other programs.

Even 16 teams per conference felt like too many especially for football because you simply can’t play 15 other teams a season. Schedules will never be balanced. Now some of these conferences are goin 18, 20 deep. Maybe more.

A four super conference format kind of made sense. But there will be logistical problems and growing pains with that as well. Will it really be two big boy conferences and the other two full of have-nots left over from the former Power 5 conferences? Geography has been blown all to with what the Big Ten is doing. How does it affect the playoffs now that SEC and B1G traditional powers may have 1 or 2 losses because they have other big boy programs they have to play in the conference schedule?

One Bud Elliot says there are 18 college football teams that have the fan base, money, and tradition to go out on their own.
    This is now starting to sound like English Premier League Soccer.

BTW... Michigan and Texas are apart of this group. ATM fans dont worry. You are there as well as fanatics.

Im guessing along with the 3 mentioned above in no order.

1. OU
    2. Alabama
    3. Georiga
    4. LSU
    5. Ohio State
    6. USC
    7. ND
    8. Penn ST.
    9. Oregon
    10. Tennessee
    11. Florida
    12. Florida St.
    13. Clemson
    14. Auburn
    15. UCLA

I did not take into account markets these schools are in except for UCLA. I guess Nebraska might fit.
    Anyone else see any school I clearly missed for a top 18? I might have gone heavy on the South East.
    Or should teams like UCLA be omitted?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I personal feel conference realignment has become a joke. How can you have a conference foe that is 1500 miles away? LOL..........I can see this whole thing not working in the long run. Teams will start complaining about travel and the affect it has on the teams and student athletes. Not only that, but the fan bases as well. There is no way in I can afford to go watch a conference game 1000-2000 miles away. I guess TV is the only answer to that.
    This is the sad part.
    There are no cheap seats and travel.
    The Alumni of the huge rich schools will make it.

IMO this leads to the quiet crowds you find in some NFL stadiums.
    This is why I really like LSU even though they seem to be a bunch of inbred offset eyed brats. jk...
    No one has won a game at Alabama in a night game since 2015... Thats Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa making a lot of noise. Tiny places.
    College Station is the same way except they take orders on when to cheer. I still think Austin is quiet even with the new enclosed larger stadium.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Next time someone cracks joke bout FSU kickers. Janikowski
    kicker U. That's funny

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Ideally they should just scratch everything and redraw regionally. Instead we have this middle ground where fillers (Rutgers/Vanderbilt) are at the big table

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    kicker U. That's funny
    They did every Unit. Fun read.

But yah I grew up as Seminoles being the biggest kicker joke. "If Bobby had a kicker, his hand would be full of rings"

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Yeah I recall the rumblings and it was clear with TV it was just a matter of time... Just took a little longer than some like myself thought.

Feels like it's now two super conferences, two middling conferences and everyone else.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    They did every Unit. Fun read.

But yah I grew up as Seminoles being the biggest kicker joke. "If Bobby had a kicker, his hand would be full of rings"
    Prob so.

Thread Information