My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Texas vs FSU in the SECCG

Bump this when it inevitably occurs

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I personal feel conference realignment has become a joke. How can you have a conference foe that is 1500 miles away? LOL..........I can see this whole thing not working in the long run. Teams will start complaining about travel and the affect it has on the teams and student athletes. Not only that, but the fan bases as well. There is no way in I can afford to go watch a conference game 1000-2000 miles away. I guess TV is the only answer to that.
    Pro teams have no problem. And student athletes can study and do work online. The only problem with long travel is the cost but these conference deals are so ludicrous.

And the TV stations will pass the buck to the advertisers who will pass the buck to the consumer so be ready to pay .50 cents more for that 12 pack of bud light

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas vs FSU in the SECCG

Bump this when it inevitably occurs
    If this website is still here in the year 2060 ok

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    If this website is still here in the year 2060 ok
    I bookmarked and set alarm reminder

I've been running daily and eating great for 5+ years. I'll see the 2060s

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    The non-football sports (soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball) are p'd off at the new alignments. The travel for the smaller teams is going to be brutal. Many are complaining this is not what they signed up for. Like I said, IMHO this will not work in the long run. We will see ...Greed will probably win out though.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Pro teams have no problem. And student athletes can study and do work online. The only problem with long travel is the cost but these conference deals are so ludicrous.

And the TV stations will pass the buck to the advertisers who will pass the buck to the consumer so be ready to pay .50 cents more for that 12 pack of bud light
    it won't be a problem for the football teams but it will take its toll on the baseball and basketball players. as for budget, i don't see how the golf, soccer, tennis, swim teams, et cetera, will handle the increased budgets. and they can's just scrap these programs because there will be a whole slew of le IX lawsuits coming if they did. this just sounds like there are so many programs not wanting to get left out that they're just hoping it all gets sorted out down the road.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The non-football sports (soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball) are p'd off at the new alignments. The travel for the smaller teams is going to be brutal. Many are complaining this is not what they signed up for. Like I said, IMHO this will not work in the long run. We will see ...Greed will probably win out though.
    The travel for the coast teams will be brutal. I've seen discussions already that for the Olympic sports the conferences will probably spilt up until conference tournaments, which would seem to help, but if players want to they can transfer. And yeah greed always wins out.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    100% Blake

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

If they can can add even just WSU+OSU and pull Boise St+Sand Diego St from the MWC that would be sick. If they manage to bring in Cal and Stanford too just wow.

LFG Aresco!!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

If they can can add even just WSU+OSU and pull Boise St+Sand Diego St from the MWC that would be sick. If they manage to bring in Cal and Stanford too just wow.

LFG Aresco!!
    Good for them for being aggressive but lol at getting Stanford. The Cardinal will go indy until the big 10 calls.

Post Count
    Good for them for being aggressive but lol at getting Stanford. The Cardinal will go indy until the big 10 calls.
    Going Indy is extremely difficult for the "other" sports not named football or basketball. Even Notre Dame didn't want to do it for non-football sports. But I can't imagine AAC actually landing any of those schools. OSU and WSU would be a better fit in the MWC anyway. I have no clue what Stanford and Cal are going to do though. Their options seem bad. Would the Big XII really not take them if they're adding Arizona , Colorado and Utah ?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Going Indy is extremely difficult for the "other" sports not named football or basketball. Even Notre Dame didn't want to do it for non-football sports. But I can't imagine AAC actually landing any of those schools. OSU and WSU would be a better fit in the MWC anyway. I have no clue what Stanford and Cal are going to do though. Their options seem bad. Would the Big XII really not take them if they're adding Arizona , Colorado and Utah ?
    I'm not sure why the big 12 is never in the conversation about the big 12. They sure are in a precarious position tho

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Not sure how tied in this guy is, but yes please. This would be amazing.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why the big 12 is never in the conversation about the big 12. They sure are in a precarious position tho
    Yeah that made total sense. I meant Stanford.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

That's the absolute best case scenario for the American. There's no way that Stanford gets excited to go play Florida Atlantic when they can just go Indy and get a great schedule for TV themselves

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Very nice.
    Makes perfect sense.
    Will view/record.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's the absolute best case scenario for the American. There's no way that Stanford gets excited to go play Florida Atlantic when they can just go Indy and get a great schedule for TV themselves
    As for Texas Tech...

They are really recruiting well.
    If they could establish themselves as the leaders of the "Big 12" and they are in the playoffs consistently... The playoffs going to 12 helps a bunch imo.
    Thats big stuff. They could line themselves up in the state to catch all of those late bloomers plus a few "play immediately" players will be available.
    I am also of the opinion that ATM is in a position to really take a hit with their new offensive coordinator provided Jimbo does not listen to him.

Joey is a recruiting machine.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    As for Texas Tech...

They are really recruiting well.
    If they could establish themselves as the leaders of the "Big 12" and they are in the playoffs consistently... The playoffs going to 12 helps a bunch imo.
    Thats big stuff. They could line themselves up in the state to catch all of those late bloomers plus a few "play immediately" players will be available.
    I am also of the opinion that ATM is in a position to really take a hit with their new offensive coordinator provided Jimbo does not listen to him.

Joey is a recruiting machine.
    It's funny, recruiting well for Texas Tech just means beating the other middling teams for the high end 3 stars and a few four stars. Is what it is.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    That same Oregon St guy is saying Aresco and Luck are trying to appease Stanford by creating a scheduling pod for them consisting of AAU/big city universities (Rice, Tulane, SMU, Cal, etc). He's also saying there would be three tiers of revenue distribution. Tier one would be PAC4 + SDSU + a few legacy AAC member. Tier three would be the new incoming AAC members (includes UTSA).

But again not sure how tied in he truly is, tbh.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I think Aztecs would prefer to stay in their current position. Until a bigger fish calls.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That same Oregon St guy is saying Aresco and Luck are trying to appease Stanford by creating a scheduling pod for them consisting of AAU/big city universities (Rice, Tulane, SMU, Cal, etc). He's also saying there would be three tiers of revenue distribution. Tier one would be PAC4 + SDSU + a few legacy AAC member. Tier three would be the new incoming AAC members (includes UTSA).

But again not sure how tied in he truly is, tbh.
    Of course they're trying to appease Stanford.

They're not going to but they have to try.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Aztecs would prefer to stay in their current position. Until a bigger fish calls.
    Lol what bigger fish?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's funny, recruiting well for Texas Tech just means beating the other middling teams for the high end 3 stars and a few four stars. Is what it is.
    Only UCF is ahead of TT right now minus UT and OU in the big 12.
    you have a better chance of making the playoffs.
    Thats what you wanted, a chance. Lubbock is tough, but so is College Station. (To recruit in... All of the south may turn into some sort of pit the way summers are going)

UT may turn out to be like ATM and always be sitting on the sidelines till the end of time.
    But there will be no "SEC" chants to replace the failures. Its all on us. We have access to recruits almost everywhere now.
    Our best recruits for 2023 could very well turn out to be out of State, even with Simmons.
    Half of our current pledges are from out of state. The 3 biggest recruits we are waiting on are all from out of state.
    This thing has gotten very mobile. Also UT appears to just not to take a recruit in a position we need immediate help. The transfer portal has been very good for UT except at the edge.

All of the above being stated, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson, USC can just walk into Texas and take the best recruits. Have to eventually win again in the age of semi pro football.
    The money is certainly available.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think UCF is a monster football program waiting to happen, tbh...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol North Carolina one spot behind the horns at Rivals. Mack Brown was never a good X and O coach but he has always been maybe the best salesman in the country

Thread Information