Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    #18 NC State favored by 11.5 from what I quickly saw.

Could totally see this being a 30+ point route on Tech. The raiders historically suck out of state on the road against ranked teams

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    #18 NC State favored by 11.5 from what I quickly saw.

Could totally see this being a 30+ point route on Tech. The raiders historically suck out of state on the road against ranked teams
    what's your take on the raiders this season. do you see them getting this thing turned around soon?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    what's your take on the raiders this season. do you see them getting this thing turned around soon?
    Yeah, this head coach I think is a keeper for a decade. Love the OC pick but a young guy that might not stay long although his dad is the track coach so who knows.

Tech is tech tho, I'm kinda numb on them doing anything but being in the 6--6 to 8-4 range year in year out. Just having fun watching game to game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech isn't going to to ever get an SEC invite but if they did, would it be a good thing for the football team? I mean, they'd be somewhere in the Missouri/South Carolina level of wins losses I think.

The money would be good but as a fan what the do I care about the tv money?

I think being in the big 12 minus ut and ou might be bigger for tech turning it around than any head coach. That's two auto losses every year gone

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Tech isn't going to to ever get an SEC invite but if they did, would it be a good thing for the football team? I mean, they'd be somewhere in the Missouri/South Carolina level of wins losses I think.

The money would be good but as a fan what the do I care about the tv money?

I think being in the big 12 minus ut and ou might be bigger for tech turning it around than any head coach. That's two auto losses every year gone
    as long as tech can stay in a relevant conference they'll be fine and maybe better off for it. i'll miss the texas/tech games though-there have been some great ones.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    as long as tech can stay in a relevant conference they'll be fine and maybe better off for it. i'll miss the texas/tech games though-there have been some great ones.
    Yeah about once every five years there's a great game between tech and ut but the ones in between are usually blowouts. It's stupid weird that they can hang 70 on Tech the same year that ut loses to Kansas and Tech wins their bowl game against an SEC team

Tech and UT were supposed to continue scheduling for the next decade but I think ut is trying to back out of that verbal agreement lol

Post Count
    Yeah about once every five years there's a great game between tech and ut but the ones in between are usually blowouts. It's stupid weird that they can hang 70 on Tech the same year that ut loses to Kansas and Tech wins their bowl game against an SEC team

Tech and UT were supposed to continue scheduling for the next decade but I think ut is trying to back out of that verbal agreement lol
    I think Tech and UT should continue playing but just not every year. I'm not sure why they would have ever committed to that.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Tech and UT should continue playing but just not every year. I'm not sure why they would have ever committed to that.
    Lol I meant next couple of decades.

The horns absolutely don't need it. The city of Lubbock needs it bad tho. Whenever the horns and Aggies and sooners and other big names come to town the place is packed and the economy gets a huge boost.

Me personally, I don't gaf because Tech will never consistently be that level of recruiting and money. I used to think maybe with Leach they could build something great but today you just realize it's just never gonna happen. I'm perfectly fine with having Baylor, TCU and Okie St as rivals. Cincinnati proved there's still a path to the playoffs last year this way.

Post Count
    Lol I meant next couple of decades.

The horns absolutely don't need it. The city of Lubbock needs it bad tho. Whenever the horns and Aggies and sooners and other big names come to town the place is packed and the economy gets a huge boost.

Me personally, I don't gaf because Tech will never consistently be that level of recruiting and money. I used to think maybe with Leach they could build something great but today you just realize it's just never gonna happen. I'm perfectly fine with having Baylor, TCU and Okie St as rivals. Cincinnati proved there's still a path to the playoffs last year this way.
    Right, and don't forget they are expanding the playoff too so Big XII will still play a factor.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    t's mind blowing re ed that tv is now the one dictating what schools play each other.

You can't blame schools for grabbing the money..... I certainly wouldn't blame Tech if they left for the SEC.... and on the surface it sounds bad ass to be in the best conference, but in reality it would be miserable as a football fan unless you're blue blood level. How does Vanderbilt fan ever get excited for any upcoming season?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i wish a qualifying factor for being in the playoffs is you have to win your conference. that would make teams think twice about these stupid superconferences.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Great article on Nebraska's woes after leaving for the big 10 and more money....

....there was a slam-dunk, sure-bet hire made over the course of the past several years, it was Scott Frost at Nebraska. In fact, when Frost accepted the job at his alma mater in 2017, his arrival could have legitimately been hailed as one of the best programatic fits in recent history.

He was a native son of Nebraska. He was a national championship-winning star quarterback for the Cornhuskers. He was an accomplished coach who pulled off the biggest two-year turnaround in the history of the sport at UCF. But maybe most importantly, Frost not only knew the culture.... He was part of the culture....

.......ESPN executive Burke Magnus made news a couple of weeks ago when he said the network looks for rivalries, not markets, in realignment. Try to name Nebraska's biggest rival in the Big Ten. A contrived rivalry with Iowa never caught on with the masses. To be realistic, though, these are ruthless times.

Nebraska needed to take the Big Ten money and cut ties with a lot of its history, but it doesn't mean it fit. In fact, the Big Ten move feels like a net negative. Look what scores of Nebraska athletic directors and administrators did with those millions: not nearly enough....."
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-go-from-here/

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Nebraska. Scott Frost.

1997 Nebraska win over Missouri. Back then it felt like Huskers would never lose.

Notre Dame lost to Marshall. Brian Kelly whipping over?

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Jimbo owns Miami

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Seminoles are 3-0 for first time since 2015

Backup QB for entire 2nd Half in hostile grounds. Cardinals were attempting 3rd straight Win in the H2H

If Travis is gone then season might derail but Norvell has proven himself. Noles will be back sooner than later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    #14 is a handful

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    #14 is a handful
    Yes brother

6 '7'. California boy transfered to Seminoles
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-17-2022 at 05:06 AM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Season after Jermaine Johnson.

Transfer town. Tallahassee is open to All.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    despite so many good qualities, the same issues are plaguing casey thompson

awful pocket presence, and a tendency to miss easy throws on 3rd downs

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol #10 Arkansas down 17-14 to Missouri St

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Appalachian St with the insane hail Mary at the end of their game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Are you ting me with that lol utsa half back pass into double coverage for a TD in the longhorn end zone

it's early but holy

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Classic Hurricanes

Jimbo 8-1 vs Miami

Post Count
    Texas is only 4.5 point favorite over Texas Tech (in Lubbock next week). Am I crazy for thinking this is an easy bet to place on Texas?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the way some were feeling the utsa game could be a trap game, is how i feel about this one, particularly if ewers doesnt play. if ewers plays and can simply hit a wide open worthy occasionally, texas should win easy though.

Thread Information