Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Texas would be 5-0 if Ewers hadn't gotten hurt.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah I mean we've only seen a couple of quarters from Ewers but damn, dude looks like he could start for 3-4 pro teams tomorrow.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tbh

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Kansas should at least be double digit favorites against Oklahoma next week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FOU
    Should have been 52 to 0
    FOU

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Cucksas Tech

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    its painfully obvious texas was techs superbowl.....tech blew their wad on texas..........

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    its painfully obvious texas was techs superbowl.....tech blew their wad on texas..........
    They’re taking a step in the right direction tbh. This game and the game at Kansas St would’ve been blowouts by halftime in the Matt Wells era.

still they haven’t yet gotten over the Detroit Lions-esque head scratching boneheaded plays that can turn the tide in these types of games.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    When else would they blow their wad?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    They’re taking a step in the right direction tbh. This game and the game at Kansas St would’ve been blowouts by halftime in the Matt Wells era.

still they haven’t yet gotten over the Detroit Lions-esque head scratching boneheaded plays that can turn the tide in these types of games.
    The OLine is complete ass right now too.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh watch the skycan version of hudson cards time as a starter.......he missed wide open wrs everywhere

Post Count
    bruh watch the skycan version of hudson cards time as a starter.......he missed wide open wrs everywhere
    Bruh, Card is not good and an ultra slow decision maker.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah I think Bama probably covers if they use that backup QB that ran all over the place last week. But I wouldn't want to touch this one, tbh. Conference games get tricky.
    I'd rather put money on Okie St -9 to blow out Tech
    Lol I'm up a few grand this year. I think I'll stop here and wait for next year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man I’m glad Milroe went to Bama.
    And I’m glad King went to ATM.

But I really wish we had got Evan Stewart.

All in all that was a pretty trashy game.
    Luckily it was close, otherwise blecchhh…

Jimbo with the fake penalty in place of a time out. Last time Jimbo tried this trick he had two players go down on the same play, so he got one thing right this time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ewers made some absolutely pro throws. Especially to Sanders. He knows what he has in his receivers and he throws them open.
    That being said the pop fly attempt to throw the ball away…. Lord… And he did not help Jordan Whittington much. Whittington made 3 very high snags and then he missed Whittington wide open.

But tha ability to feel the pocket and throw people open is stunning. And he does not try to throw fastballs, he does what is necessary to get the ball there and even lead the receiver to a catch with the throw. More time and he gets even better. We should be attracting the best wideouts in the future.

. Our Oline better protect this guy. Ewers gave himself up in the Bama game to try and make a pass. NO more of that .

Addition: OU literally does suck. They are god awful. Especially without D. Gabriel
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-08-2022 at 11:35 PM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

"...Thought that wasn't classy at all. In the postgame, I'm not about to give you the Obama bro hug. I'm gonna shake your hand and go on..."

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The OLine is complete ass right now too.
    yeah the fact that they put up 31 points against that D-line with a backup quarterback was a positive sign IMO. you could tell the gameplan was to mitigate the massive advantage Ok State had in the trenches with the hurry up tempo and quick passes tbh

Ewers good but OU is ass.
    Great game but...
    Will wait for a better test.

Post Count

"...Thought that wasn't classy at all. In the postgame, I'm not about to give you the Obama bro hug. I'm gonna shake your hand and go on..."
    BAHAHAA

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah I mean we've only seen a couple of quarters from Ewers but damn, dude looks like he could start for 3-4 pro teams tomorrow.
    Behren Morton is damn good.
    I watched some of the replays.

Is he projected to be a first 5 round draft choice? I had no idea...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah Morton is really good but needs a little more bulk to him. Ewers looks like he's 27.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ewers is the real deal. this benefits manning as well as there will be no pressure for him to start in his freshman year. now, he can just be groomed to take over when ewers leaves. hudson card is likely going the way of the transfer portal this spring.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    what Jimbo seems to not be able to handle is the offensive system.

Its so rare to see a guy come fully open early to help out the O line and QB. Thats scheming. Herman could not get it done either. Always contested catches.
    Jimbo is a great recruiter and great with the kids it appears. Do what you do well. I think their D is awesome talent wise but Leach in his interview basically said that ATM was fairly consistent in what Leach thought they would do and because Miss ST. o line played well they had no problem moving the ball.

Alabama game should be fun just because the back and forth this summer. I will say I think the ATM players will play very hard for their coach. If they dont... thats a bad sign. I think they will. Imo they will play for Fischer under almost any cir stances. He is a leader.
    you were right about the kids playing hard as they certainly did. haynes tried but he just doesn't have pocket presence or the ability to make the right reads. at least some of the true freshman started to show something. it will all be for naught if fisher can't figure out his QB situation. as UT just found out, a great QB can make all the difference.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    you were right about the kids playing hard as they certainly did. haynes tried but he just doesn't have pocket presence or the ability to make the right reads. at least some of the true freshman started to show something. it will all be for naught if fisher can't figure out his QB situation. as UT just found out, a great QB can make all the difference.
    The kids definitely play for Fischer. But frustration can set in with the offense. I was very impressed with the ATM secondary. Those guys not only cover well they bring a wallop.

Aside:

serviceable backup like Card. ATM, Bama, OU found out how ugly it can get. Card has been at the school for a while and I think he has done well at school. He will never be a pro but he can come in as a backup without the team falling apart. If he really wants to play every Saturday he must leave. But if he realizes his real school situation and the NIL money comes through… I’m dreaming here…

Malik Murphy is definitely gone unless he wants Sark/Millwee coaching for another year.

I think the two games I watched, Texas and Texas ATM, illustrate how important backups are. King is gonna get killed back there Imo if he has another game like that. Imo he takes way too long (baseball pitcher to release the ball). And looks like he could get killed running. (He is fast but not elusive and he is a long thin body to crush. The QB for Alabama, Milroe cannot throw to the Bama receivers that take too long to get open. Alabama must have Young in there. Alabama will lose without Young. ATM figured out how to play Milroe… Dare him to throw and bring pressure in lanes that secure the scramble. And Gabriel apparently has pure trash backing him up for Oklahoma. (Their problems are much deeper than ATM or Bama)

Texas fans can get hyped but they will lose at least another conference game Imo. The Big 12 is solid the rest of the schedule. Away games are tough for this Texas group apparently.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-10-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information