Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    I don't think he's a bad person but he's full of

Colorado is an interesting landing spot. I grew up with the Buffaloes being on the cusp of National le games. Boulder was one of the most popular out of State schools for my classmates. The state as a whole is probably even more "West Coast" than ever before with large amounts of Californians relocating there. But the Pac is approaching uncertain times. Does Deion have the same pull in California recruiting as he does in the South?

I think he'll be successful but I don't envision competing for Conference les. Colorado has a bit of work needed and I think Deion will move onto the next job by then.
    He'll certainly move on if he can. I must say that I'm impressed with Colorado's facilities. Coach Prime tours them below. I don't know much about U of Colorado but the city of Boulder looks beautiful in photos.

Unreal this guy was never given a sniff at bigger schools up to and including the SEC and Texass.

Meet the first-year FBS coaches for 2021: SEC shuffle continues across Power 5, Group of 5 | Sporting News

All because they won't hire Negoes.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    if sanders shows up, the buffs might make some noise, if prime time takes over, he won't be there long enough to get them to the promised land.

Please tell me this d-bags vote did not go towards any playoff.

NJ.com's Brian Fonseca has caused some raised eyebrows with his decision to slot USC at No. 4 on his ballot while only putting Utah 18th. The Utes, of course, beat the Trojans 47-24 in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday, and handed USC both of its losses this season.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Michigan wins their game we should have a two team playoff.

Georgia v. Michigan

Simples…
    This should happen for 2022 if we had flexible playoffs. But in todays world its utter madness. You set the bracket first then fill it.
    It cant be the other way round. oh well...

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Surprised TCU remained at 3. To me that's a break for Michigan & TCU while Georgia got screwed.

The Dawgs now will need to defeat the 2 best teams (Michigan & tOSU) for the le

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Time for the Seminoles to snap the series 6-game losing streak and finish the season in the Top 10

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Surprised TCU remained at 3. To me that's a break for Michigan & TCU while Georgia got screwed.

Yeah, I thought at the very least OSU would jump TCU. I'd think a loss to an undefeated team is better than a loss to KST

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Time for the Seminoles to snap the series 6-game losing streak and finish the season in the Top 10
    Lol that's Florida St's reward for finishing at #13? Playing a 6-6 team?

Id ove to see this year's top twelve in the playoffs. Would be some cool matchups

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

This may be the only matchup where I pull for FSU

Nah rooting for an asteroid strike…

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

So Michigan absolutely crushes Ohio St. at OSU.
    Ohio St. gets in by sitting out.
    And then plays Michigan first round of the playoffs?
    Because the 2 seed and the 3 seed play?

If I were Michigan, and lost to OSU second time round, I would ask for best two out of three.
    Maybe we could even turn the 12 team future tourney into a 3 out of 5 and maybe 4 out of 7 series each round like hockey.
    The frggn commericals and reviews of so many plays.... We would all die and decay while watching the enormity of it all.

Dammit we will keep playing till I beat you... You know I am starting to come to the realization that just quitting, just stopping, might be best for everyone. No more grinding it out, no sir.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Id ove to see this year's top twelve in the playoffs. Would be some cool matchups
    The reward for the school comes in dollars I guess.
    I hope they beat the crap out of OU.
    I can always look to this season and say, "I could have been a fan of that OU team" And its not often UT fans get to feeling good about anything... in the last decade and a half at least.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

There was some talk of FSU coming out to San Diego for the Holiday Bowl to face #15 Oregon but the Tar Heels are instead

In my lifetime the Seminoles have only played out here twice
    1997 season opener @ SC Trojans
    2006 Emerald Bowl vs UCLA

I attended the '06 Bowl game in San Francisco. Bobby's final game and Noles made a comeback late to Win

Honestly I'm okay with the easy matchup. Completing a 10-win season would be great momentum for the program. Plus the season opener in 2023 against LSU is also in Orlando...

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    So Michigan absolutely crushes Ohio St. at OSU.
    Ohio St. gets in by sitting out.
    And then plays Michigan first round of the playoffs?
    Because the 2 seed and the 3 seed play?

If I were Michigan, and lost to OSU second time round, I would ask for best two out of three.
    Maybe we could even turn the 12 team future tourney into a 3 out of 5 and maybe 4 out of 7 series each round like hockey.
    The frggn commericals and reviews of so many plays.... We would all die and decay while watching the enormity of it all.

Dammit we will keep playing till I beat you... You know I am starting to come to the realization that just quitting, just stopping, might be best for everyone. No more grinding it out, no sir.
    Yes it would be unfair for Michigan and I assumed they were fuming. Maybe contributed to their sluggish 1st Half in the Big10 le game.

Mulligans have occurred before though

1996: #2FSU defeats #1Florida to end the season. Following a number of upsets and regional bowl allegiance at the time (Undefeated Arizona State went to the Rose Bowl) the Gators with Heisman winning Wuerffel get a rematch in the Sugar Bowl. Florida won the game and were crowned with their 1st National Championship

Last edited by FrostKing; 12-06-2022 at 02:00 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The 12 team format is not going to solve these problems. It will possibly be a lot more fun with an extended season. But essentially it might be selecting for the healthiest team at the end of what is essentially a pro football schedule. Lose a QB, your team completely changes. And now with the portal, QBs are going everywhere to get a chance of starting instead of being a backup. Imo backups QBs will not be as good as they used to be. So a 12 team playoff format seems like it will be a real selector for health in key positions. Older steady backups willing to sit might become very valuable. The portal has another unseen affect imo.

Actually all this makes the whole thing a lot of fun to discuss as well. So theres that. Differences of opinion are obviously widely varying and the whole thing is very interesting now that I have already accepted that college football is semi pro football... With an almost unrestricted free agency. But it does seem to help to dole out good players to teams that need them and gives those teams a chance. If the kids in free agency really want to play and are not just after NIL money.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The question is, if a team like Alabama were in the playoffs this year, would they be good enough to win it all? I think yes. So we want to see.

The interesting thing will be how they determine who gets in regarding the le games. Would KSt get an auto invite for beating TCU in the le game? Would their seeding be higher than TCU's where TCU would have to settle for an at large?

I guess we'll find out quick

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The question is, if a team like Alabama were in the playoffs this year, would they be good enough to win it all? I think yes. So we want to see.

The interesting thing will be how they determine who gets in regarding the le games. Would KSt get an auto invite for beating TCU in the le game? Would their seeding be higher than TCU's where TCU would have to settle for an at large?

It definitely does add more interest.
    And thats fun in itself.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

8 would be ideal. And I'll even accept 12 with the current Conference setup

But IF the Conferences consolidate then I think 12 is too much. You'll see the 4th and 5th team from SEC get the edge over #2 from Pac/ACC/Big12

And they are setting the groundwork with this "quality wins is more important than total losses" narrative.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Perfect 4 game playoff

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/Dill_7k/status/1...922689/photo/1

RB leaving Mike Leach and Miss St. for portal
    Read his assessment of Leach.
    I dont know if this is a good way of getting picked up in the portal.

But then again its Leach. He is funny as any man in college football, but also an asshole like his best buddy Bobby Knight.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/Dill_7k/status/1...922689/photo/1

RB leaving Mike Leach and Miss St. for portal
    Read his assessment of Leach.
    I dont know if this is a good way of getting picked up in the portal.

But then again its Leach. He is funny as any man in college football, but also an asshole like his best buddy Bobby Knight.
    leach is an arrogant prick and the knight comparison is apropos. his humor is the only thing that makes him the least bit likeable.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    speaking of leach, looks like he's dealing with a very serious health issue:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...alized-jackson

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    from what i've read, he may have suffered a massive heart attack and the prognosis is not good.

Thread Information