Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Preseason Vegas 6.5 wins

ACC #1 seed

Post Count
    TCU played poorly though let's not sugarcoat.

2 turnovers in the 1st Half. Defensively they looked lost even early on. Didn't even come close to forcing a turnover.
    The Big XII was really bad this year... let's not sugarcoat that either. I realize TCU beat Michigan but let's just say I wouldn't bet on them doing it again.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    The Big XII was really bad this year... let's not sugarcoat that either. I realize TCU beat Michigan but let's just say I wouldn't bet on them doing it again.
    I was just listening to X gon give it X

Telecast showed TCU Quarterback became turnover hungry lately

Big 12 weakness? Eh. Expectations weren't high. They deserved to be there and beat Michigan. You play whom is infront of you.

Post Count
    I was just listening to X gon give it X

Telecast showed TCU Quarterback became turnover hungry lately

Big 12 weakness? Eh. Expectations weren't high. They deserved to be there and beat Michigan. You play whom is infront of you.
    They had a of a season. I won't take that away for them -- just saying Big XII was straight up bad this year.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I remember when UTSA started their football program a bit over 10yrs ago. There was a TON of people saying the Runners would suck at football for 50yrs and wouldnt be in an FBS Div I conference for at least another 10-20yrs. Well, I'm proud of my Roadrunners and how quickly they have become a top #25 program, winning their conference back to back while running the CUSA table this year.

210................. Birds Up!!!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I remember when UTSA started their football program a bit over 10yrs ago. There was a TON of people saying the Runners would suck at football for 50yrs and wouldnt be in an FBS Div I conference for at least another 10-20yrs. Well, I'm proud of my Roadrunners and how quickly they have become a top #25 program, winning their conference back to back while running the CUSA table this year.

210................. Birds Up!!!
    Now that the playoffs are expanding, would you rather the runners stay in that conference or would you rather them move up to a higher conference and be a middle of the pack team most every year?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Now that the playoffs are expanding, would you rather the runners stay in that conference or would you rather them move up to a higher conference and be a middle of the pack team most every year?
    I’m good with the AAC. We have to play better teams, makes your program better.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Whoa...
    UTSA playing Houston and AT TENNESSE 2023
    Win both those games.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    P5 should still be the long term goal.

Love the current momentum but I don't think the city will get fully behind them (50k+ at the Dome every game) until that happens. And with the biggest brands leaving the Big 12 and Pac 12 I don't see why UTSA wouldn't eventually be able to compete in either of those conferences. You can't turn down the money/exposure a P5 conference would provide, imo.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Sounds like San Diego State. Should be golden catch for the Pac with the LA boys leaving the market

Just opened new stadium and I visited. Already good in Bball.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Long term is correct. Right now, lets compete in the AAC and win several conference championships if we can. That includes all sports, not just football. Basketball and Volleyball is a big concern. We haven't been compe ive in either in a loooooooong time.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Love the current momentum but I don't think the city will get fully behind them (50k+ at the Dome every game) until that happens. And with the biggest brands leaving the Big 12 and Pac 12 I don't see why UTSA wouldn't eventually be able to compete in either of those conferences. You can't turn down the money/exposure a P5 conference would provide, imo.
    Of course the school wouldn't turn down money and exposure but would you as a fan be ok with being a middle to lower level team that on a good year gets 8 wins vs staying where you are getting 10 wins

.... And maybe a better shot at the playoff

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Long term is correct. Right now, lets compete in the AAC and win several conference championships if we can. That includes all sports, not just football. Basketball and Volleyball is a big concern. We haven't been compe ive in either in a loooooooong time.
    For sure. I'm pumped to be joining the AAC. It wasn't that long ago that that was my dream conference for us. But the program has grown so much quicker than I imagined that one has to at least have P5 in the back of the mind at this point.

I think they fire Henson by the end of the season at the latest. Then start working on basketball facilities soon after. Baseball is already good just need the facilities to catch up.

Of course the school wouldn't turn down money and exposure but would you as a fan be ok with being a middle to lower level team that on a good year gets 8 wins vs staying where you are getting 10 wins

.... And maybe a better shot at the playoff
    It'll be interesting to see how UCF does in the Big 12. They're the blueprint. There's also TCU and Utah who were in the MWC like a decade ago. I'd rather have some runs like they have as P5 members than dominate the AAC yearly (which isn't even a guarantee).

If the playoff format was set in stone the AAC might be an easier path but who knows if after a few blowouts + a 13th ranked blueblood gets left out they kick the G5s out.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    For sure. I'm pumped to be joining the AAC. It wasn't that long ago that that was my dream conference for us. But the program has grown so much quicker than I imagined that one has to at least have P5 in the back of the mind at this point.

I think they fire Henson by the end of the season at the latest. Then start working on basketball facilities soon after. Baseball is already good just need the facilities to catch up.

It'll be interesting to see how UCF does in the Big 12. They're the blueprint. There's also TCU and Utah who were in the MWC like a decade ago. I'd rather have some runs like they have as P5 members than dominate the AAC yearly (which isn't even a guarantee).

If the playoff format was set in stone the AAC might be an easier path but who knows if after a few blowouts + a 13th ranked blueblood gets left out they kick the G5s out.
    absolutely a must. i thought i had seen a UTSA vision plan a while ago that included the construction of a new basketball facility. do you know anything about that?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    absolutely a must. i thought i had seen a UTSA vision plan a while ago that included the construction of a new basketball facility. do you know anything about that?
    It's still part of the plan. Imo I think it's new head coach after this season, break ground on a new basketball practice facility within the next year or two, and then start thinking about a new arena after that.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Miami & Florida

Tens of Millions to a high school boy?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Miami & Florida

How much does Florida State pay?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Miami & Florida

The new world of wide open college free agency with no salary caps

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas picks up transfer receiver Adonai Mitc from Georgia. Big time get.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Miami & Florida

The top, established QBs are probably worth that but that seems pretty ridiculous for a HS QB who wasn't even the top ranked guy in his class. There's no guarantee he evens wins the starting job at a top program.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Saw this on an ATM site. Some Aggies have a sense of humor.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lmao

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SEC scheduling possibility:

Rumored that Texas will have ATM, Arky, and OU as three permanent games every year.
    Interesting that this is not a pod that is round robin. For example Arky will not play OU and either will ATM necessarily.

Then the 6 other games will come from a group of the remaining 12 teams. But it will be one group of six, and then the next group of six every year.
    they call it the 3-6/6 model. Nine conference games every year.

In any event its all very interesting. I think there is a lot of room for creativity. And personally I would love 3 games against ATM, ARky, and OU every year.
    Also this may require a computer program to get it all straight in not only picking each teams permanent rival, but each team's unique group of alternating 6.
    Can anyone write this program so I can play with it? Even if it does not come to fruition it would be a lot of fun.

I also would lobby that we get Texas Tech as a permanent out of conference game. I think they hate us as much as ATM, ARky and OU do.
    Maybe ATM would do the same, but I doubt it. It would be too scary. Tortillas and such...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech Ad said the horns promised games vs tech for the next ten years but backed out. Honestly, idgaf either way. Aggy was more fun to play against tbh. Their anger was so real

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tech Ad said the horns promised games vs tech for the next ten years but backed out. Honestly, idgaf either way. Aggy was more fun to play against tbh. Their anger was so real
    Thats stupid on UTs part then.
    That is a game that draws.
    I guess UT decided to powder puff the 3 out of conference games. The SEC way.
    The more "hate" in the game the better. Love that we might get Arky every year, they hate us in a huge pig way.
    4 teams that really despise you is pretty good for such a bad UT team the last (what seems like a) century.

And...
    If any UT fan is caught chanting "SEC" they should be castrated and beheaded on site.
    Need to ask my ATM friends if chanting is a requisite for getting in. If so, fk em, we are in anyway.

Thread Information