Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl moves you up the draft. If they don't want bad salary I don't trade him. Good luck losing again in hideous fashion.
    They don’t have the cap to take 23mm so we’d have to take back similar contracts back.

McDip won’t easily be moved before the trade deadline.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homicide rate is higher in Texas than California, as is rate of property crime. Firearm violence, unsurprisingly, is far higher in Texas. It's more expensive to live in California due to supply and demand -- more people want to live there. California has an overall death rate due to Covid lower than Texas despite getting hit much earlier and before vaccines. Their economy is booming and the legislature has a huge surplus to attend to people's needs. The Texas governor wrecked hundreds of millions in produce and products on the border because he's a dope. National Guardsmen are killing themselves on the border because he's forcing them to stay there indefinitely for some electoral ploy, unable to see their families. Only numbskulls give a where grown adults take a whizz.
    LOL that re talking about Cali smog when today is an ozone action day in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saric had another surgery on his knee today.
    Meniscus. Thats’s common after ACL repairs. Doesn’t really change the situation. PHO will want out of his contract, and he’ll be ready to go next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Spurs he'd be another Al-Farouq Aminu. Pure salary ballast only taken on for a draft pick. It would also signify punting on 2022 cap space and rolling it over to 2023.
    It was a meniscus cleanup, which often happens after an ACL repair. Likely he’ll be ready to go, but if not, that gives PHO more motivation to attach that FRP.

You should probably prepare yourself for a punt. I can’t even see the Spurs proffering an offer sheet for Ayton, and Lavine isn’t going to leave that extra year and $40+M on the table to sign with a play in team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that. Doubt PHX pays an FRP to dump him though and he probably wouldn’t double as a contract we could dump at the deadline.
    LuxTax is at $136M for next year. Their payroll, assuming a max deal for Ayton, is estimated at $188M. Being able to shave close to $10M off that saves them both the salary, and the matching tax payment. This will be Phoenix’s 3rd straight year in the tax, so the repeater penalties get pretty stiff. With the graduated penalties, us taking that $10M could save PHO $40M in taxes, plus the salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LuxTax is at $136M for next year.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/03/31/nb...cap-luxury-tax

Luxury tax is projected to be $149 mil for next season.

Their payroll, assuming a max deal for Ayton, is estimated at $188M. Being able to shave close to $10M off that saves them both the salary, and the matching tax payment. This will be Phoenix’s 3rd straight year in the tax, so the repeater penalties get pretty stiff. With the graduated penalties, us taking that $10M could save PHO $40M in taxes, plus the salary.
    Phoenix isn't a tax paying team. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/phoenix-suns/cap/2021/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meniscus. Thats’s common after ACL repairs. Doesn’t really change the situation. PHO will want out of his contract, and he’ll be ready to go next season.
    Question is what they’re willing to attach to it. Their late first next year would be nice.

Trying to remember what the going rate for picks was last year. Didn’t that DET SRP we acquired last year essentially end up being close to $10M?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/03/31/nb...cap-luxury-tax

Luxury tax is projected to be $149 mil for next season.

So they’re not a repeat payer. It’s still 2/1, so a FRP saves them the salary and the identical tax payment, ONLY $20M.

Phoenix isn't a tax paying team. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/phoenix-suns/cap/2021/
    OK, so we can ONLY save them a total of close to $20M for a late first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is what they’re willing to attach to it. Their late first next year would be nice.

Trying to remember what the going rate for picks was last year. Didn’t that DET SRP we acquired last year essentially end up being close to $10M?
    We can’t get next year’s pick, because they traded this year’s to OKC. Earliest would be 2024, two years between pick trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homicide rate is higher in Texas than California, as is rate of property crime. Firearm violence, unsurprisingly, is far higher in Texas. It's more expensive to live in California due to supply and demand -- more people want to live there. California has an overall death rate due to Covid lower than Texas despite getting hit much earlier and before vaccines. Their economy is booming and the legislature has a huge surplus to attend to people's needs. The Texas governor wrecked hundreds of millions in produce and products on the border because he's a dope. National Guardsmen are killing themselves on the border because he's forcing them to stay there indefinitely for some electoral ploy, unable to see their families. Only numbskulls give a where grown adults take a whizz.
    His brain is on Fox News. Or Newsmax. Or OANN.

And there's no cure for willful ignorance. Were there, he wouldn’t be regurgitating easily refutable nonsense.

I often wonder what its like to be so ing daft, and to be that way because your parents raised you to be.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can’t get next year’s pick, because they traded this year’s to OKC. Earliest would be 2024, two years between pick trades.
    My understanding of the Stepien Rule is that you can't make a trade that leaves you in a situation where you don't have a first round pick in consecutive future years, and that the window rolls over on draft night. If that's right the Suns could trade their 2023 first on draft night because they would still have their firsts in 2024 and beyond.

Can teams even make trades prior to draft night anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My understanding of the Stepien Rule is that you can't make a trade that leaves you in a situation where you don't have a first round pick in consecutive future years, and that the window rolls over on draft night. If that's right the Suns could trade their 2023 first on draft night because they would still have their firsts in 2024 and beyond.
    This is correct. Phoenix can trade their 2023 first.

Can teams even make trades prior to draft night anyway?
    Yes, non playoff teams can make trades after their last game of the season. Payoff teams can make trades after they're eliminated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you missed our electric grid going to because we had subantarctic temperatures that got all the way down into the twenties. Had rolling blackouts for four days with power only half the time, entire city shut down. Was fun driving to the other side of town to get my COVID shot with the highways shut down and no traffic lights working on the surface streets thanks to the blackouts, took forever. Also got warned by ERCOT of possible rolling blackouts this Saturday because it'll be *gasp* 100 degrees in San Antonio. But hey we banned CRT in schools and have an abortion law that would make Saudi Arabia jealous.
    Nah lol, I was still there during that Feb. We didn't lose power, but everyone else in our family did. ing show. And yeah, they didn't do to fix that so it'll 100% happen again in the future because they DGAF if you suffer, they just fly to Cancun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what people don't seem to get. Its so expensive to live in certain places because A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH MONEY WANT TO LIVE THERE! The neighborhood we live in in DC (we rent, lol @ us being able to buy here) most houses are going for a mil+ because its a pretty awesome place to live. Houses don't sit on the market at all here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally OK with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait Miles Bridges is a lefty and his middle name is Emmanuel…this guy worth a look?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10730829[/URL]]This is what people don't seem to get. Its so expensive to live in certain places because A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH MONEY WANT TO LIVE THERE! The neighborhood we live in in DC (we rent, lol @ us being able to buy here) most houses are going for a mil+ because its a pretty awesome place to live. Houses don't sit on the market at all here.
    DC blows. Weather sucks, everything is crowded, tourists everywhere. It’s only expensive because people have to work in that small overcrowded area. I’d rather live in NY or California if I was super rich, but I’m glad you are happy there. Nice finding a place you enjoy and I understand it’s just my opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait Miles Bridges is a lefty and his middle name is Emmanuel…this guy worth a look?
    Lol! He's restricted. No way they let him go. He'll definitely be getting the max too. He would be an awesome get for the Spurs though if it was possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you missed our electric grid going to because we had subantarctic temperatures that got all the way down into the twenties. Had rolling blackouts for four days with power only half the time, entire city shut down. Was fun driving to the other side of town to get my COVID shot with the highways shut down and no traffic lights working on the surface streets thanks to the blackouts, took forever. Also got warned by ERCOT of possible rolling blackouts this Saturday because it'll be *gasp* 100 degrees in San Antonio. But hey we banned CRT in schools and have an abortion law that would make Saudi Arabia jealous.
    Well don’t move to Cali we always having rolling brown and blackouts because our forest are burning down and definitely don’t move to New Orleans or anywhere on the coast cause when a major hurricane hits you won’t have water or electricity for awhile
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-06-2022 at 04:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening but one can dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea. That’s a dream.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well don’t move to Cali we always having rolling brown and blackouts because our forest are burning down and definitely don’t move to New Orleans or anywhere on the coast cause when a major hurricane hits you won’t have water or electricity for awhile
    Temps getting down to the 20s being comparable to a hurricane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening but one can dream.

Love how they’ve turned the comments off They listed Doug as a G? They must’ve looked at his rebounding numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ which one of Spurstalk posters is Greg Patuto LOL

We even free up salary in that trade… genius! Next trade Zollins for a future first, trade 9 and 25 for a top 4 pick and draft Banchero, sign Lavine to a discounted deal (Banchero and DJ are from the same city duhhh), make Primo work with Manu so he can become a future HoFer.
    Last edited by KingKev; 05-06-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's roughly what I expect a Ayton S&T to look like this summer (except with the 2022 pick replaced by a 2023 spurs pick). Sarver has historically been unwilling to pay the lux tax, even for a contender (see how the Seven Seconds or Less Suns came apart). Now the lux penalties are even greater. If this Suns team doesn't win this year, CP3 is a year older...

Will Sarver eat at least 2 years in the Lux tax (probably 3; CP3's contract extends to 24/25) to keep a team that doesn't look like a real contender to me? (They don't have an actual MVP candidate - Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, ?Tatum? are the top 5 IMO). Personally I doubt it.

Financially, they have painted themselves into a corner. They are committed to CP3 and Booker for ~$65M annually for the next 2 years (and then they can let Booker walk, which they won't). They have also committed to Bridges at $20M annually. Some one (the Spurs, IMO should) will put a Max in front of Ayton, so he's not getting less than that... Either they let him go, negotiate an S&T or eat the tax...

As a package, it's about as good as they can expect - a cheap replacement for Ayton (Poeltl), 2 usable players (Richardson, McDermott), a pick (Spurs 2023?) and further cap relief (us taking Saric)...

Thread Information