Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is another thought that has been in the back of my mind, with Becky gone, it would be nice to bring in a former NBA player to replace her as an assistant.
    Many Manu makes a move to the bench as a warm-up to take over for Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did. Apparently he hasn't spoken to the Nets front office since the season ended. They don't want to give Irving a long-term deal, and some folks believe that would make Durant ask out.
    Is it time for us to all start overhyping the fact Durant went to UT and we can just assume he's cool with small market SA? Then how many games do the Spurs try to play in Austin to "leverage the brand and grow the fanbase"? And then how many pages is the "Spurs Moving to Austin" thread?

I heard that Michael Dell had KD over for BBQ just this last weekend to hash all this out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it time for us to all start overhyping the fact Durant went to UT and we can just assume he's cool with small market SA? Then how many games do the Spurs try to play in Austin to "leverage the brand and grow the fanbase"? And then how many pages is the "Spurs Moving to Austin" thread?

I heard that Michael Dell had KD over for BBQ just this last weekend to hash all this out...
    Trade for KD, sign Bamba, Joseph and Bradley, trade Poeltl for Kai Jones.

Joseph,
    Bradley
    Durant
    Jones
    Bamba

Also known as profit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget LMA coming back to resume his ring chase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...a-spurs-linked

Per BR there are ppl in PATFO who really like Sexton.

Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now, i think the spurs are being linked to so many FAs as a front runner (Vegas has the spurs as 2-1 to land Lavine) is only because of their cap space and not because of any reliable intel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know the rules on S&Ting for a RFA like Sexton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also per BR OG Annunoby may be frustrated with current role in TO.

He is one player i’d pay up for if he became available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, but at some point you need some vets otherwise its the inmates running the asylum. I think the idea of someone like JRich (and to a way lesser extent, McBuckets) as that locker room mentor role... right up until the deadline where we monetize them, as you put it. (I'm ready to deal McBuckets now, but I doubt there are any takers for even a future 2nd at this point).

For the same reason, I wouldn't mind someone like Ibaka on the bench.
    I get what you’re saying, but he’s not in the plans. He acknowledged that in his media time after the play in game. It would be nice to have him for most of the season, but it would be a minor disaster if he walked for nothing, and they aren’t going to pay him next summer. I think if they get a good offer at the draft, or during the FA period, they’ll pull the trigger. Otherwise, they’ll move him at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right
    I look this thread at the tail end and find out the Spurs are signing Lavine and trading for Durant
    Amazing
    Ha ha ha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know the rules on S&Ting for a RFA like Sexton?
    If the Spurs are intending to take Sexton into cap space, then the rules aren't any different. In fact, RFAs don't have unique S&T rules at all, but players who are RFAs often run into BYC consideration because they tend to receive contracts in excess of 120 percent of their previous salary. Sexton (or Lavine for that matter) would trigger those conditions if the Spurs are trying to acquire him as an over-the-cap team. Cleveland would only be able to take back about 60 percent of the salary they send out, but the Spurs would have to account for 100 percent of Sexton's salary. This leaves a pretty small number of ways to have both sides fit into trade rules.

Cleveland is near the tax though, so the Spurs are probably not going to get a deal where they keep their cap space. So unless they get a good deal from Cleveland where they can push Sexton's APY down substantially, it might be better for them to just price the Cavs out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are intending to take Sexton into cap space, then the rules aren't any different. In fact, RFAs don't have unique S&T rules at all, but players who are RFAs often run into BYC consideration because they tend to receive contracts in excess of 120 percent of their previous salary. Sexton (or Lavine for that matter) would trigger those conditions if the Spurs are trying to acquire him as an over-the-cap team. Cleveland would only be able to take back about 60 percent of the salary they send out, but the Spurs would have to account for 100 percent of Sexton's salary. This leaves a pretty small number of ways to have both sides fit into trade rules.

Cleveland is near the tax though, so the Spurs are probably not going to get a deal where they keep their cap space. So unless they get a good deal from Cleveland where they can push Sexton's APY down substantially, it might be better for them to just price the Cavs out.
    I appreciate the info..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for KD, sign Bamba, Joseph and Bradley, trade Poeltl for Kai Jones.

Joseph,
    Bradley
    Durant
    Jones
    Bamba

Also known as profit.
    You forgot to say we are gonna 10 day Michael Jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot to say we are gonna 10 day Michael Jordan
    ... Did a Michael Jordan go to UT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also per BR OG Annunoby may be frustrated with current role in TO.

He is one player i’d pay up for if he became available.
    He's the guy the Spurs should have forced Masai to cough up for Leonard. Still can't believe we ended up with Poeltl instead of either OG or Siakam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Did a Michael Jordan go to UT?
    joke
    head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the guy the Spurs should have forced Masai to cough up for Leonard. Still can't believe we ended up with Poeltl instead of either OG or Siakam
    Since they need a center, and have a comfort level with Jak, we may be able to remedy that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm legit confused. Yes, I was making a joke with scott about the Spurs needing to acquire a bunch of UT players and that somehow meaning they were going to win a le. As far as I can ascertain, you comment either on the feasibility of the scenario (saying that I may as well have said to sign Jordan too) or on how effective that group would even be (saying that group wouldn't profit unless they also had Jordan). Me, continuing with the joke, commented on Jordan not fitting because he didn't go to UT.

So either your response is saying that you didn't get the joke until just now (the joke went over your head originally), or it is assuming I didn't get the joke you were making (the joke went over my head). If it's the former, it's understandable, since you probably only saw it scrolling through the page to get to the newer posts and didn't see the posts that built up to it. If it's the latter, I didn't miss the joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since they need a center, and have a comfort level with Jak, we may be able to remedy that situation.
    Jak, JRich and #20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think trades are just ing magic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think trades are just ing magic?
    Tf does that even mean

Yeah because it's sooo unreasonable asking for a good prospect when trading a superstar SF and another solid SG . It ain't magic. You don't have to continually make excuses for FO blunders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised by the Anunoby news, but despite those pricks being forever indebted to the Spurs, it'd undoubtedly take an overpayment to pry him loose considering they overvalue their own and are only interested in making significant trades if they can screw the other side(s).

Presuming Mathurin and Daniels are the Spurs targets at 9 and off the board, the furthest they should consider is either 9, Richardson and Collins or Poeltl, Richardson and 25.

Jak, JRich and #20.
    Unsure if 20 can be traded back to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no prohibition on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised by the Anunoby news, but despite those pricks being forever indebted to the Spurs, it'd undoubtedly take an overpayment to pry him loose considering they overvalue their own and are only interested in making significant trades if they can screw the other side(s).

Presuming Mathurin and Daniels are the Spurs targets at 9 and off the board, the furthest they should consider is either 9, Richardson and Collins or Poeltl, Richardson and 25.

Good point on #20; too lazy to google it. We obviously have a relationship with the FO over there and OG would be an amazing fit but it will probably cost a pretty penny to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I only paid attention to KD at first, not that all of them were UT alums. So I was wisecracking about just getting anyone we wanted. Thus your joke went over my head.

Thread Information