Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about some of the guys that might be available next month in trades I'm wondering what kind of assets team would add to move Randle, Hayward, or Fournier? What about Porzingis? I could see any of them being moved but I'm unsure of value..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte just agreed with Steve Clifford to return as head coach...
    the is up with all these retreads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs return to respectability, gentlemen..............

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I’m calling Knicks and offering to take Fournier off their hands for the 3 FRPs they just acquired las night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the is up with all these retreads?
    I heard Atkinson’s contract was small, Jordan cheaping out as Clifford probably costs even less.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Will Hardy to Utah as HC..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps extend QO to Nando de Colo.... I thought that was interesting...haven't heard that name in quite some time..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some good news to cheer you up Spurs Nation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some good news to cheer you up Spurs Nation

haha his contract is a walking noose. Not even ring chasers want part of the Lakers lol. If DJ is commanding 3-5 draft pick with low protection I want 3 FRPs and 5 Lakers girls to eat Russ’ final year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha his contract is a walking noose. Not even ring chasers want part of the Lakers lol. If DJ is commanding 3-5 draft pick with low protection I want 3 FRPs and 5 Lakers girls to eat Russ’ final year.
    The smartest thing the Lakers can do (and I don’t know how they do it…) is to try to turn his contract into 2-3 smaller bad contracts. Those become easier to trade.

Problem is teams have gotten smarter and those don’t really exist anymore. Let alone multiple ones on the same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The smartest thing the Lakers can do (and I don’t know how they do it…) is to try to turn his contract into 2-3 smaller bad contracts. Those become easier to trade.

Problem is teams have gotten smarter and those don’t really exist anymore. Let alone multiple ones on the same team.
    nobody is taking that contract without getting a pick in return. The smartest thing the Lakers could do is negotiate a buy out, but they won't do that to him. So the 2nd smartest thing they could do is let him play out the contract and that's what they are doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please remember add protections in this 5 girls deal. Lakers. You know ….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please remember add protections in this 5 girls deal. Lakers. You know ….
    haha California still good but need to double strap in Texas now. Prenump either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha California still good but need to double strap in Texas now. Prenump either way.
    Yup… friendly reminder, kids, child support for one kid in Texas is 20% of Net Monthly Income.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hands down the funniest player in the NBA. Can't believe he still has people wanting to trade for him here...
    The face, the context, Kyrie's shoes in the b/g ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Jessie James is still working these guys out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Timmy start the whole boxing cardio routine with the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is looking deezed. Young fella looks 35 now lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2) No trades to move up. This year's top PFs don't justify the investment.

3) If the Spurs hold on to the 9th -- it's Sochan. His defensive switchability on all five positions is too good to pass up. At age 18, his timeline matches the Josh Primo timeline. (Remember this one from Brian Wright last summer? "Josh's development timeline will be Josh's development timeline. There's no pressure from us." More on that later.) Duren is younger, but again Sochan's switchability and IQ fits best.

4) No, I wouldn't go for a free agent big man with this summer's cap space. If I look at the moves the Spurs have made in the last year -- drafting another 6'5" guard in spite of redundancy, not fixing the problem at PF, seemingly not caring about where they slot in the lottery chase -- I would guess they have their eyes on 2023 rather than 2022.

Winning rings requires at least one, if not two players, that create relentless mismatches. Current Spurs roster has no one even close to that. Nice role players, but none of these current guys is going to turn into a dominant top-10-level mismatch on both ends, night after night. Not happening. I don't see Holmgren, Smith, or Banchero as being MVP-level game changers either. So no reason to trade up.

But I do think there's at least one in the 2023 draft and that's Victor Wembanyama. Spurs won't outright tank for a shot at him, but I think they stand pat this summer and 'kick the can' to next year's draft as much as possible. My guess is they move two picks out of this year's first round to hopefully acquire picks for next year's first round.

That comment from Wright last summer seemed odd at the time, but looking at what the Spurs have done -- I don't think they're focused on trying to win a championship with DJ, Keldon, and Devin as a 'Big Three'. I think they're biding their time 'til they have a shot at a generational player. I think Wembanyama has a real shot to be the next one and it doesn't hurt that he plays for the same French pro team that Tony Parker owns (although that means nothing come draft time….still cool though). Meanwhile, that would explain why the Spurs feel 'no pressure'. So they keep developing a beta lineup of role players. No need to rock that boat this summer. Hopefully sooner rather than later, they'll catch a generational big fish to match the much-younger timeline Wright seems to be eyeing.
    Hopefully I don't jinx us by posting this, but I'm alright with this offseason for the Spurs. Turned out pretty close to what I hoped / predicted back before the Play-In game vs. the Pelicans.

Draft Sochan? Check.
    No loss of assets to move up in this past draft? Check.
    No signing of free agents to raise the upcoming season's win ceiling? Check.

Calling my shot. I think we win 23 games this coming season. 'Pray that's enough to finish in the bottom 3 and have a 14% shot at Wembanyama. I'd love if the Spurs have the worst record (probably 15-16 wins) because then they'd be guaranteed a top-5 pick. Losing hard this season is gonna suck, but if by some miracle of miracles the Spurs get the #1 pick next summer, this will be our last losing season for a very long time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a couple moves to be had before the trade deadline in Feb. as well: settling Jakob’s future, using capspace, and, to a lesser extent, trying to get value for the Richardson and Romeo expirings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully I don't jinx us by posting this, but I'm alright with this offseason for the Spurs. Turned out pretty close to what I hoped / predicted back before the Play-In game vs. the Pelicans.

Draft Sochan? Check.
    No loss of assets to move up in this past draft? Check.
    No signing of free agents to raise the upcoming season's win ceiling? Check.

Calling my shot. I think we win 23 games this coming season. 'Pray that's enough to finish in the bottom 3 and have a 14% shot at Wembanyama. I'd love if the Spurs have the worst record (probably 15-16 wins) because then they'd be guaranteed a top-5 pick. Losing hard this season is gonna suck, but if by some miracle of miracles the Spurs get the #1 pick next summer, this will be our last losing season for a very long time.
    From your keyboard to reality! Make it so!

Good stuff

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Wembanyama is going to turn the whole franchise around in his rookie season. Still might have a losing season of two if getting him. He's not Tim Duncan where he's going to come in and lead 30+ win season turnaround. I could be wrong. Hope we get him, though, and find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Wembanyama is going to turn the whole franchise around in his rookie season. Still might have a losing season of two if getting him. He's not Tim Duncan where he's going to come in and lead 30+ win season turnaround. I could be wrong. Hope we get him, though, and find out.
    Tbh, it wasn't Timmy who turned the team around alone.
    They were stacked as , just injured.

DRob held the greatest season turnaround ever le before Tim showed up, but Tim had a better team he was going onto.

Such a great conflagration for us fans to enjoy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, it wasn't Timmy who turned the team around alone.
    They were stacked as , just injured.

DRob held the greatest season turnaround ever le before Tim showed up, but Tim had a better team he was going onto.

Such a great conflagration for us fans to enjoy.
    Yes, I was going to mention that TD also had a good team, so I guess it needed to be said. D-Rob also didn't go to a crap team. D-Rob and TD were also both NBA ready from day one. Not sure if Wembanyama will be in their league from day 1.

I do remember D-Rob and TD having the biggest single season turnaround ever at the time, but I think someone else broke that record. Was it the 2008 Celtics?

Thread Information