Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sochan doesn’t move the needle on the offensive end, that’s okay. There are still some home run swigs later you can take at 20 like Hardy or Miller.

I’d definitely take Mathurin if he’s there tho

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Over time Sharpe and Ivey will end up with more all stars appearances than DJ. They both have higher potential and I doubt a team would want DJ in a trade for either one of those guys.

DJ might not even be an all star next year depending on player movement in the West next year. He's a borderline level all star player and just made it because the Spurs have little to nothing else close to a star on the roster so he got enough counting stats.

The west was weak last year in all star talent.
    Spur fans always over rate their players.
    I'm not saying that it's not possible for either of them to be allstars or better players someday. But i'm saying in real life, teams don't just trade their young, loyal, all-star PG on a friendly deal for a guy in a draft with no consensus #1. it is way more probable that neither of them ever become as good as DG. i understand wanting to take risks and swing for the fence, but it's just not realistic and considering how pro-Spurs DJ is, trading him for a pick would look really bad for any potential FA targets. Imo it's just one of those things that's so unrealistic and un-Spurslike that it's not worth discussing

Besides, almost every draft there's someone taken after the top 5 picks that ends up being better than some of the dudes in the top 5. 2020 you had Haliburton/Bane/Maxey, 2019 you have Keldon/Poole/Herro, 2018 Bridges/Bridges/SGA, etc.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying that it's not possible for either of them to be allstars or better players someday. But i'm saying in real life, teams don't just trade their young, loyal, all-star PG on a friendly deal for a guy in a draft with no consensus #1. it is way more probable that neither of them ever become as good as DG. i understand wanting to take risks and swing for the fence, but it's just not realistic and considering how pro-Spurs DJ is, trading him for a pick would look really bad for any potential FA targets. Imo it's just one of those things that's so unrealistic and un-Spurslike that it's not worth discussing

Besides, almost every draft there's someone taken after the top 5 picks that ends up being better than some of the dudes in the top 5. 2020 you had Haliburton/Bane/Maxey, 2019 you have Keldon/Poole/Herro, 2018 Bridges/Bridges/SGA, etc.
    I was high on Mikael Bridges and that was the player I wanted the spurs to target in that draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In real life the Spurs don't make any trades on draft night and just draft in their draft spots.
    And don't add any huge difference maker out of the draft and try to continue just to develop the core as is. So let's not discuss anything on the draft about trades.

Boring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will bet that Sa makes a trade sometime during/leading up to draft and/or into free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will bet that Sa makes a trade sometime during/leading up to draft and/or into free agency.
    Without a doubt. They're not going to use all 4 picks the way they stand. Not sure they'll move players on the roster yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a doubt. They're not going to use all 4 picks the way they stand. Not sure they'll move players on the roster yet.
    I think they will if they can get value. I think they would trade Richardson if it moved them up or netted them another first (future). I can see players being used in a sign and trade as well if SA is going to land someone like Lavine or Ayton for example. Lots of paths IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. There seems to be some overrating those top picks because we missed out on the lottery. People fell in love with their favorites. Honestly, though, I don't see any of the top 3-4 as sure fire players at all. Much rather stay where we are, or at least not sell the farm to take limited upside guys.
    people here think they are franchise players, but that's far from sure. Banchero is projected to be a Tobias Harris type of player for example.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they make any big splash of a trade, something minor like trading a pick for a future pick or a deep bench player off the roster to make room for the draft picks this year.

Not expecting any trade on draft night that significantly will make them a changed team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they make any big splash of a trade, something minor like trading a pick for a future pick or a deep bench player off the roster to make room for the draft picks this year.

Not expecting any trade on draft night that significantly will make them a changed team.
    Well, theres very rarely a trade like that anyone does tbh..

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, theres very rarely a trade like that anyone does tbh..
    There are always trades on draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are always trades on draft night.
    Not that meet your criteria of “significantly changing” a team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if the Spurs can't get Lavine or Ayton then there best best is to get in the trade action and be a facilitator in taking a bad contract from someone and getting draft picks for that contract.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There needs to be an over haul of the roster as constructed. No one should be untradeable.
    DJ gets into foul trouble in the first half and the play in game is lost against NO.

No go to scorer who can get the team back in that game and without adding one this offseason there won't be a huge improvement from last year's 14 game below .500 team.

The Spurs are not good. Don't let them making the play in game fool you into thinking they had a good season.

14 games below .500 with no significant injuries was not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There needs to be an over haul of the roster as constructed. No one should be untradeable.
    DJ gets into foul trouble in the first half and the play in game is lost against NO.

No go to scorer who can get the team back in that game and without adding one this offseason there won't be a huge improvement from last year's 14 game below .500 team.

The Spurs are not good. Don't let them making the play in game fool you into thinking they had a good season.

14 games below .500 with no significant injuries was not good.
    Truth to this as we only made the play-in because other teams started to tank late in the season or had injuries. I don’t see an over haul coming as PATFO are too stubborn but I think we need to push restart as soon as possible. This rister is already getting crowded with 10 average players who don’t complement each other.

Our 4th best player through 10th best are basically equal. None very good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs aren’t able to land a player they might covet (i.e. Ayton, Lavine, etc.) I think they should look to punt the cap space to next year by taking advantage of Lakers desperation. Richardson, McDerm, Langford for Westbrook, 27 and 29 1sts and Washington’s 28 2nd. Clears McD’s and Langford’s 23-24 salary so even with KJs caphold Spurs have major cap space. Likely a lottery team one last time. Tons of picks to facilitate bringing in a difference maker. Maybe luck out in the lottery-third times a charm. I don’t think the Lakers can win a ring, but it gives them what they need and allows them to sign Monk to the non taxpayer MLE.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would anyone be interested in a trade with Charlotte or NY of our 9th and 25 for their first this year and their first next year. I would rather do NY as less drop and I dont see them getting better but I see the Hornets being the more likely team to say yes. Might do a few others but those would be the first teams I would reach out to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would anyone be interested in a trade with Charlotte or NY of our 9th and 25 for their first this year and their first next year. I would rather do NY as less drop and I dont see them getting better but I see the Hornets being the more likely team to say yes. Might do a few others but those would be the first teams I would reach out to.
    Why would SA give up the better pick and another to move back? If they were willing to give up 13 and a future first for pick 9 sure. But not pick 9 and 25.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would SA give up the better pick and another to move back? If they were willing to give up 13 and a future first for pick 9 sure. But not pick 9 and 25.
    because your moving back a few spots and your thinking next years pick will be about where this years pick is. So the trade would hopefully be this years 9 and 25 for their 13th pick this year and their 13th pick next year. 4 spots especially if you dont have a player you want at 9 or think they would drop to 13th is not much of a drop. It also would spread out some of our picks. this could end up being a better pick then this year but could also be worse as we dont know where they will end up. As long as they dont end up top 5 next year we would have next years pick be better then this years 25th pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather try to get 14 (CLE), 15 (CHA), or 16 (ATL) with 20 and 25. Target would be someone like Deing if he there in that range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because your moving back a few spots and your thinking next years pick will be about where this years pick is. So the trade would hopefully be this years 9 and 25 for their 13th pick this year and their 13th pick next year. 4 spots especially if you dont have a player you want at 9 or think they would drop to 13th is not much of a drop. It also would spread out some of our picks. this could end up being a better pick then this year but could also be worse as we dont know where they will end up. As long as they dont end up top 5 next year we would have next years pick be better then this years 25th pick.
    I see, ya, if they are basically offering a pick virtually unprotected or light? Sure. Dont think they would though

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see, ya, if they are basically offering a pick virtually unprotected or light? Sure. Dont think they would though
    I would think it would be top 3 or 4 protected. I would not go more then that. If they do it loses the reason for doing the trade. The point is to try and get another good pick next year from a trade while not losing to much this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather try to get 14 (CLE), 15 (CHA), or 16 (ATL) with 20 and 25. Target would be someone like Deing if he there in that range.
    I actually dont like a lot of the players around 14/15/16 or even 9 for that matter on mock drafts. This is why moving back and getting another pick next year works. And yes I realize all players picked after 14 could have been picked there. BTW I want jovic with the 20th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy the Wizards are about to give Beal 250mm over 5yrs. That is going to easily be the worst contract in the NBA in a few years. Russ/JWall level bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy the Wizards are about to give Beal 250mm over 5yrs. That is going to easily be the worst contract in the NBA in a few years. Russ/JWall level bad.
    I'm sure they can trade him to Lebron in a year...lol

Thread Information